Page 80 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1225

Thread: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

  1. #791
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That attitude just helps perpetuate sexism...



    I expect more from all politicians regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation... I have never heard anybody attack her for being female, only for saying some stupid things from time to time and for some of her more hard core conservative ideas.
    That attitude is the result of sexism, not the causation of sexism. Perpetrating sexism occurs when a woman fails and is made an example out of by the sexist people in society... see women aren't fit to do xyz. It's the same with racism. We want to see women succeed and women who outperform the men in "men's work" or "men's things" are iconic (Annie Oakley, Amelia Earheart, Joan of Arc, etc) because that makes the sexist stfu.

  2. #792
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian
    So... if I were to post a piece written by a woman... expressing hatred for another woman... I'm just an opportunist? That's a rather silly argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    You are not acknowledging my entire comment.
    Do men want to hear women lecture them on what "being a real man" means? No... and if they do, then there is an issue. I don't want to see Conservative men use Palin like she is some kind of victim of sexism everything she gets criticized, and criticized by other women. You guys aren't women, have never been women, don't think or act like women, so unless you are a feminist or concerned with all forms of sexism, you are no damn position to judge our views as women and call any of us woman haters.
    Your argument seems to center around our gender. If we are not women, then we do not have the right to sall any woman a woman hater... regardless of what we see, hear, read, witness, etc.

    Seems pretty sexist.

  3. #793
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Your problem appears to be that..

    A... you don't like it when you're proven wrong
    B... you especially don't like it when I prove you wrong
    C... it takes you a considerable amount of time to finally admit any error
    D... even after admitting error, you whine about how and why you came to that admission

    None of which are my fault, or problem.
    I don't have a problem with being wrong. ****ing hell. How many times do I have to repeat myself? You ****ing won't acknowledge the reality of where this conversation has led.

  4. #794
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    I just did a quick GOOGLE search on 'women who hate sarah palin'.

    The first 10 or so pieces I looked at, were all written by women.

    Since I agree with what was in those pieces, does that make me an opportunist if I say so? Or, do I simply have no right to express that opinion because I have testicles?

  5. #795
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Your argument seems to center around our gender. If we are not women, then we do not have the right to sall any woman a woman hater... regardless of what we see, hear, read, witness, etc.

    Seems pretty sexist.
    Again, you're not acknowledging my entire comment. That seems to be a pattern with you.

    Men can be feminist... but I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't understand what male feminism is.

    If a man is a feminist or is concerned with sexism in all areas, then he is fair to judge a woman of sexism and men of sexism (because sexism is about gender equality). If a man is not concerned with sexism as a whole or only concerned when it suits him (political reasons), then he shouldn't be taken seriously when he calls a woman a woman hater.

  6. #796
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I just did a quick GOOGLE search on 'women who hate sarah palin'.

    The first 10 or so pieces I looked at, were all written by women.

    Since I agree with what was in those pieces, does that make me an opportunist if I say so? Or, do I simply have no right to express that opinion because I have testicles?
    You really need to drop the non sequitur ****. I have noticed that you constantly reach conclusions about me, and I keep correcting you and repeating myself over and over again... and it never goes through your head.

  7. #797
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Again, you're not acknowledging my entire comment. That seems to be a pattern with you.

    Men can be feminist... but I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't understand what male feminism is.

    If a man is a feminist or is concerned with sexism in all areas, then he is fair to judge a woman of sexism and men of sexism (because sexism is about gender equality). If a man is not concerned with sexism as a whole or only concerned when it suits him (political reasons), then he shouldn't be taken seriously when he calls a woman a woman hater.
    and who gets to determine if the man is concerned with sexism. YOU? Please

  8. #798
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    and who gets to determine if the man is concerned with sexism. YOU? Please


    If he is a feminist and is honestly concerned with gender equality and acknowledges sexism when it happens to both genders and not just one gender, it's obvious.

  9. #799
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalMama View Post
    Sarah Palin is smart how? She doesn't know what magazines she reads, or about the Bush Doctrine. I do not hate anyone in the GOP so therefore that doesn't make sense. Just because someone doesn't like Palin doesn't mean they dislike the GOP. I have voted for Republicans before. Try again though.

    Now my husband is very liberal but I am not.
    Yet I bet not knowing what year it is in your mind is smart

  10. #800
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Maybe she is smart, maybe she isn't; but she thinks part of Paul Revere's ride was to warn the British, and that's very stupid.
    Does she think that or did they say that in the museum?

Page 80 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •