Page 77 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1225

Thread: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

  1. #761
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Wow, you take one woman's actions and think that this makes all women look bad? Sorry, I think that my daughters and mother and women that I know are quite independent of other women's actions and that every person should be judged on their actions alone.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." ~Clare Boothe Luce

    Palin is a historical woman... first woman on the GOP ticket as a VP.

    I don't think I am being sexist in expecting more from her, I expect more from her because sexism is alive and well in the USA. She's been attacked for being a woman, but I attack her for being a weak candidate and not being qualified to be where she is. I also despise how she played victim in the election, instead of fighting. She wouldn't talk to the press and McCain's camp hide her away... wouldn't allow the press conferences. She should have been out there kicking doors down for the rest of us, not hiding behind her campaign's spokespeople.

  2. #762
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Want to revise that ironic sounding sentence? Jeesh... seriously.
    This is not an English class. My English has always been horrible just like my math!

    If you want to hold it against me well by all means do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    See, I like nice people. I would like a nice person lacking intelligence over an evil genius any day of the week.
    Yes, but we are not talking evil genius here just Sarah Palin.

  3. #763
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." ~Clare Boothe Luce
    That attitude just helps perpetuate sexism...

    I don't think I am being sexist in expecting more from her, I expect more from her because sexism is alive and well in the USA. She's been attacked for being a woman, but I attack her for being a weak candidate and not being qualified to be where she is. I also despise how she played victim in the election, instead of fighting. She wouldn't talk to the press and McCain's camp hide her away... wouldn't allow the press conferences. She should have been out there kicking doors down for the rest of us, not hiding behind her campaign's spokespeople.
    I expect more from all politicians regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation... I have never heard anybody attack her for being female, only for saying some stupid things from time to time and for some of her more hard core conservative ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #764
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The wiki article didn't say, "he didn't fire shots" nor did it say "he didn't ring bells." It didn't mention anything about that. You're appealing to ignorance. Show me a source that says he didn't fire a shot, and I'll happily admit I am wrong.
    Doesn't work that way...You have to show me one that proves what you said, 'Revere didn't fire a shot or ring bells, Israel Bissell did'. YOU made the claim, and utterly refuse to back it up. You are therefore a liar.


    You're the one making the claim that I am wrong, and you brought nothing creditable that honestly proves I am wrong. When you make a claim, you have to provide evidence and support of your claim.
    You mean like the evidence you provided to support your claim, 'Revere didn't fire a shot or ring bells, Israel Bissell did'? Oh wait... you refuse to provide evidence to back up your claim. You're breaking your own rule. Gee, what a surprise.

    It's called burden of proof. If there were a jury judging this conversation, they'd say evidence was inconclusive on both sides and would take neither of our sides.
    And the burden is on you, as you made the claim, 'Revere didn't fire a shot or ring bells, Israel Bissell did'

    I have since abandoned saying that claim is factual, because I am not sure what is accurate and historical fact. Until you show me the historical facts that prove I am wrong, I won't admit I am wrong.
    So, you wanted me to provide evidence your claim was not factual, because you refused to provide evidence your claim is factual, and now you admit that your claim is not factual after all. You really do suck at this.

    Now here is one source stating he fired shots... albeit it is a blog, and a blog isn't very creditable, nor is wiki.



    Sounds like the firing and ringing is attributed to him... as if he personally did it. In any case, it's highly likely that he would have directed some people to ring church bells, rather than jumped off his horse to do it himself at every stop. Alerting others and directing them to ring bells would have been more practical, although it's not entirely impractical to think he may have stopped to ring the first initial bell or jumped off to alert others to do so.
    But that wasn't the claim you made, now was it????

    Likewise it is not it impractical to believe he fired off a shot to initially alert people... but that isn't the highlight of his ride of course, so finding details about how the task of ringing bells and firing shots and delegation of such duties is vague online. It would take a detailed reading into the ride from beginning to end to find those answers.
    We're not discussing 'belief' here. We're discussing a factually inaccurate statement YOU made. You only recanted when you realized after frantically searching for days that you have ZERO EVIDENCE to back your claim up.

    I can't find anything substantially saying that I was wrong in my original statement, nor can I find anything creditable saying I am right and you are wrong. I simply find nothing going into detail about the bells and musket on Bissell's ride or how it was coordinated. I am not making **** up or just writing stuff without thinking. If I am wrong, then I have been misinformed, and if that is so, I sure as **** am not going to act like Palin and try to find a way to insist the facts are different. lol
    1: Not how it works. You are supposed to find evidence you were right.
    2: Thus your recanting well after the fact.
    3: Sure you were. If you had thought about it, you would not have made the statement as fact, without having the evidence to back it up.
    4: But dear, that is what you've been doing since I called you on your factual error. You tried very hard to make it LOOK like you were not wrong, then you tried very hard to get me to prove you were wrong, when it goes the other direction. You eventually, it would seem, came to your senses and admitted you were in error. Kudos for that final realization.



    The Policy Page - Forbes

    You haven't caught me in an error. Quote something that says I am wrong, and I will happily admit I am wrong. I have admitted being wrong on these boards before. If you don't believe me, then ask Mac. I have admitted being wrong in the past, and I am still the same person. I prefer facts to myth, which is why I insist on being proven wrong with a source saying he didn't fire a shot to you telling me I am wrong, based on a wiki article not mentioning him firing a shot.
    1: Yes, I have. As you already admitted above.
    2: Really? You were so sure of your facts early on in the thread... but they appear to have been myth all along.


    What makes you so certain he didn't... Did you read that he didn't somewhere, because all you did was link a small wiki article and mention that bells and guns weren't mentioned. I can post a fricking blog that mentions bells and shots were fired by him, and a blog is as creditable as wikipedia.
    1: It's not a matter of what I think or do not think. It's a matter of waht you claimed initially as fact.
    2: Hardly. Wiki is a good starting point. That's about it.


  5. #765
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why do you hate women who want to make money?
    There is nothing more ridiculous than seeing a man accuse a woman of woman hating...

  6. #766
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalMama View Post
    This is not an English class. My English has always been horrible just like my math!

    If you want to hold it against me well by all means do so.
    That was not the point. The point was that you are stating that you dislike her for making ignorant statements during a written statement in which you bungle your English... sounding ignorant yourself.

    Yes, but we are not talking evil genius here just Sarah Palin.
    No, we are talking about not liking people for their level of intelligence instead of not liking people for being kind or unkind towards one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What do you mean that you weren't given the option of staying? He just bailed?
    Threw me out, moved her in. So fast that the Schwans man probably wondered at the next two-week stop why I didn't look the same.

    It'll be three years next month. Life is good. Just sayin - people do make that decision, and our kids were grown. I would have fought for us, regardless. But not alone.

  8. #768
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalMama View Post
    This is not an English class. My English has always been horrible just like my math!

    If you want to hold it against me well by all means do so.
    That was not the point. The point was that you are stating that you dislike her for making ignorant statements during a written statement in which you bungle your English... sounding ignorant yourself.

    Yes, but we are not talking evil genius here just Sarah Palin.
    No, we are talking about not liking people for their level of intelligence instead of not liking people for being kind or unkind towards one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #769
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That was not the point. The point was that you are stating that you dislike her for making ignorant statements during a written statement in which you bungle your English... sounding ignorant yourself.


    No, we are talking about not liking people for their level of intelligence instead of not liking people for being kind or unkind towards one another.
    Someone being bad at English doesn't make them ignorant. However, not knowing what magazines you read is very ignorant. I have never been good in English, It is not my first language which was Spanish! Trying to change the subject to me but Sarah Palin is very uneducated and will not be president ever.

  10. #770
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Threw me out, moved her in. So fast that the Schwans man probably wondered at the next two-week stop why I didn't look the same.

    It'll be three years next month. Life is good. Just sayin - people do make that decision, and our kids were grown. I would have fought for us, regardless. But not alone.
    Glad life is good for you... that is the most important part. Wow. How does he throw you out though? If you are married, the house is both of yours, right?

    I don't know if you wanting to fight to save the marriage is a good thing or not. Sounds crazy to me and makes you that much more attractive! J/K... crazy ex was enough. It has been 3 years a month or two ago for us, coincidentally enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 77 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •