Page 72 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1225

Thread: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

  1. #711
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,516

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Whovian,

    All you did was post a link to wikipedia saying it said nothing about bells or shots. You're not really showing me that I am wrong, and I cannot find that I am wrong doing research online. Let's be honest here. I'll admit I am wrong, when I know that I am wrong.

  2. #712
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Ptif,

    Palin is human, she makes mistakes.... She's allowed to make mistakes. We aren't saying she can't make mistakes. I think some people find it entertaining that you and others won't admit that and run to her defense at all costs, hence the 600 posts on this thread. What's so bad about saying she goofed, just once... say she make a mistake... :LOL:
    No she is never right. Just ask any liberal or the liberal media. They follow her around to show this. Palin is not news. The liberals and liberal media make her news. To make this a news issue shows the media is infatuated with Palin

  3. #713
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Looking over the 712+ posts on this thread,it seems that Wikipedia isn't the only place where history is constantly being rewritten.
    Winston Smith would have loved this place

  4. #714
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,597

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Whovian,

    All you did was post a link to wikipedia saying it said nothing about bells or shots. You're not really showing me that I am wrong, and I cannot find that I am wrong doing research online. Let's be honest here. I'll admit I am wrong, when I know that I am wrong.
    Bissell rode 345 miles, in 4 days, on horseback. There was no time for bell ringing.

  5. #715
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,597

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Too bad for you and your delusions that's not what she said. She didn't say part of ride included warning the British -- she said "part of his ride was to warn the British." She couldn't be more wrong. No part of his ride was to even come in contact with the British. In fact, early on during his ride, he successfully avoided two British soldiers who tried to stop him.

    But g'head, keep making a fool of yourself for her benefit -- I'm sure she appreciates your sacrifice.
    No matter how many times you misquote her, she's still right.

  6. #716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Whovian,

    All you did was post a link to wikipedia saying it said nothing about bells or shots. You're not really showing me that I am wrong, and I cannot find that I am wrong doing research online. Let's be honest here. I'll admit I am wrong, when I know that I am wrong.
    You said something specific happened... I showed you one source that says it did not... I asked you to follow normal board procedure and provide a source to back up what you said... you pulled a David Axlerod and told me it was my job to prove something YOU said was wrong, not YOUR job to prove something you said was right.

    You are now doing EXACTLY what you whined about Palin doing.... you got caught in error, and instead of manning up and admitting it, you dance around your mistake hoping no one will notice.

    Your FAIL is strong, SheWolf.

  7. #717
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Ptif,

    Palin is human, she makes mistakes.... She's allowed to make mistakes. We aren't saying she can't make mistakes. I think some people find it entertaining that you and others won't admit that and run to her defense at all costs, hence the 600 posts on this thread. What's so bad about saying she goofed, just once... say she make a mistake... :LOL:
    This would be more appropriate version of that post, in regards to your factual error with Bissell......


    I am human, I makes mistakes.... I'm allowed to make mistakes. I'm not saying I can't make mistakes. I think some people find it entertaining that I and others won't admit that. What's so bad about saying I goofed, just once... say I make a mistake... :LOL:

  8. #718
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    No matter how many times you misquote her, she's still right.
    Verbatim | Definition of Verbatim at Dictionary.com

  9. #719
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,516

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No she is never right. Just ask any liberal or the liberal media. They follow her around to show this. Palin is not news. The liberals and liberal media make her news. To make this a news issue shows the media is infatuated with Palin
    She's right sometimes, and she's wrong sometimes. She's a human being...

  10. #720
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,516

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    You said something specific happened... I showed you one source that says it did not...
    The wiki article didn't say, "he didn't fire shots" nor did it say "he didn't ring bells." It didn't mention anything about that. You're appealing to ignorance. Show me a source that says he didn't fire a shot, and I'll happily admit I am wrong.

    I asked you to follow normal board procedure and provide a source to back up what you said... you pulled a David Axlerod and told me it was my job to prove something YOU said was wrong, not YOUR job to prove something you said was right.
    You're the one making the claim that I am wrong, and you brought nothing creditable that honestly proves I am wrong. When you make a claim, you have to provide evidence and support of your claim. It's called burden of proof. If there were a jury judging this conversation, they'd say evidence was inconclusive on both sides and would take neither of our sides.

    I have since abandoned saying that claim is factual, because I am not sure what is accurate and historical fact. Until you show me the historical facts that prove I am wrong, I won't admit I am wrong.

    Now here is one source stating he fired shots... albeit it is a blog, and a blog isn't very creditable, nor is wiki.

    Bissell is an unsung hero of the Revolutionary War who, independent of Paul Revere, had been sent to warn the colonists that the war had begun. Bissell accomplished his mission by riding into towns, ringing the church bell and firing his musket to get the attention of the residents so that he could pass along his message.
    Sounds like the firing and ringing is attributed to him... as if he personally did it. In any case, it's highly likely that he would have directed some people to ring church bells, rather than jumped off his horse to do it himself at every stop. Alerting others and directing them to ring bells would have been more practical, although it's not entirely impractical to think he may have stopped to ring the first initial bell or jumped off to alert others to do so.

    Likewise it is not it impractical to believe he fired off a shot to initially alert people... but that isn't the highlight of his ride of course, so finding details about how the task of ringing bells and firing shots and delegation of such duties is vague online. It would take a detailed reading into the ride from beginning to end to find those answers.

    I can't find anything substantially saying that I was wrong in my original statement, nor can I find anything creditable saying I am right and you are wrong. I simply find nothing going into detail about the bells and musket on Bissell's ride or how it was coordinated. I am not making **** up or just writing stuff without thinking. If I am wrong, then I have been misinformed, and if that is so, I sure as **** am not going to act like Palin and try to find a way to insist the facts are different. lol

    The Policy Page - Forbes




    You are now doing EXACTLY what you whined about Palin doing.... you got caught in error, and instead of manning up and admitting it, you dance around your mistake hoping no one will notice.

    Your FAIL is strong, SheWolf.
    You haven't caught me in an error. Quote something that says I am wrong, and I will happily admit I am wrong. I have admitted being wrong on these boards before. If you don't believe me, then ask Mac. I have admitted being wrong in the past, and I am still the same person. I prefer facts to myth, which is why I insist on being proven wrong with a source saying he didn't fire a shot to you telling me I am wrong, based on a wiki article not mentioning him firing a shot.

    What makes you so certain he didn't... Did you read that he didn't somewhere, because all you did was link a small wiki article and mention that bells and guns weren't mentioned. I can post a fricking blog that mentions bells and shots were fired by him, and a blog is as creditable as wikipedia.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 06-11-11 at 03:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •