Page 36 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1225

Thread: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    FFG...

    Bad advice indeedy!

    And I totally agree that if she could put aside her ego and just own up that she's capable of making mistakes...she'd definitely kill stories. But I guess that she sees negative press as better than no press.

    For Palin to say, "OOOoops!" would be a Utopian gesture. But her usual responses to her ****ups are much more like all of the politicians who caught in acts of indiscretion and cry, whine, and claiming they have been victimized.
    Not only that, but speaking purely for myself? She'd go up a whole lot of notches on the old respect-o-meter.

  2. #352
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Not only that, but speaking purely for myself? She'd go up a whole lot of notches on the old respect-o-meter.
    not for me....it's way too late that.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #353
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    When that "actual historian" is actually not a historian, but a lawyer and law professor, and the commentary piece cited is really just passing on information from that lawyers blog.

    In truth, it was just one blogger vs another blogger.
    Actually, the link I posted was about a Boston University history professor. But, what could he possible know. Right?

  4. #354
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    FFG...

    Bad advice indeedy!

    And I totally agree that if she could put aside her ego and just own up that she's capable of making mistakes...she'd definitely kill stories. But I guess that she sees negative press as better than no press.

    For Palin to say, "OOOoops!" would be a Utopian gesture. But her usual responses to her ****ups are much more like all of the politicians who caught in acts of indiscretion and cry, whine, and claiming they have been victimized.
    Accept, this time, she didn't get anything wrong.

  5. #355
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, the link I posted was about a Boston University history professor. But, what could he possible know. Right?
    The post you were responding to that had the blogger was not directed at your link. But why would that pesky little fact matter to you, right?

  6. #356
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    not for me....it's way too late that.
    I'm sure it was too late, the second day that you heard she a Conservative.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    FFG...

    Bad advice indeedy!

    And I totally agree that if she could put aside her ego and just own up that she's capable of making mistakes...she'd definitely kill stories. But I guess that she sees negative press as better than no press.

    For Palin to say, "OOOoops!" would be a Utopian gesture. But her usual responses to her ****ups are much more like all of the politicians who caught in acts of indiscretion and cry, whine, and claiming they have been victimized.
    What's even more amusing than watching her (beep!) ups, and her response to said --ups, is watching her ardent supporters try to maintain that she was right all along. Now, that's just pure entertainment.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #358
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The post you were responding to that had the blogger was not directed at your link. But why would that pesky little fact matter to you, right?
    If you would have kept up with the thread, you would have seen the post that contained this link, that I posted yesterday.

    Historians agree: Palin was right about Revere Hot Air

  9. #359
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    What's even more amusing than watching her (beep!) ups, and her response to said --ups, is watching her ardent supporters try to maintain that she was right all along. Now, that's just pure entertainment.
    The sad part for all the haters, is that she's right, more often than not.

  10. #360
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you would have kept up with the thread, you would have seen the post that contained this link, that I posted yesterday.
    If you would have kept up with the thread, you would have seen that others have posted historians saying that she got it wrong and you also would have noticed that the post you were repsonding to was not directed at an article that included any historians, but instead included a lawyer/law professor's blog statements.

    If you kept up with the enlgish language, you would have known that "I'll see your commentary piece and raise you a blog.." indicates that the link provided was a direct repsonse to another specific link provided.

    You'd know all of this had you just kept up with things.

Page 36 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •