Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1225

Thread: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Check Wikipedia in an hour -- it'll say something different. That's the reason Wikipedia is not a trustworthy reference.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    It can probably be said that she dodged the bullet on this one, but let's not pretend that what she said happened, didn't happen. The people who are constantly harping that argument are making themselves look foolish, especially in light of the evidence that has been presented.
    I doubt it. I suspect this will haunt her the rest of her political career. Not because she made a flub, but because she doubled down on stupid and made her account even more inaccurate; removing all doubt that she was clueless to that famous event.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I had to like one of the silliest and self-important posts I'd read in a long time.

    Edit: Also there was no American at any of the engagements between the militia Revere warned, so either you're wrong about them coming for artillery or... well you're still wrong.
    LOL. Think what you like.

  4. #214
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    If she was right in her assessment, why are her supporters trying to change the Wikipedia entry on Paul Revere?
    How do you know it is her supporters doing that? I mean, there are still people editing the librarian article to slip in that they are "hiding something" long after it was suggested by Stephen Colbert. There are some people who are truly dedicated to the lulz on Wikipedia.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  5. #215
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Just so you know, if you're going to try to defend Sarah's version of this historical event, here are the words that have to be somehow shown to be accurate:

    He who warned the, the British that they weren't gonna be taking away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells and, um, by making sure that as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free, and we were gonna be armed,"
    So, we have to picture Paul Revere riding through town while ringing bells and firing warning shots, intent on warning the British that they weren't going to take the rebels' guns away. He wasn't shouting "the Redcoats are coming,' or "The Regulars are coming", but "We're going to be free, secure, and armed!"

    OK, so post that in "Conservapedia."
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Well...technically the Colonists did consider themselves British. So he and the other riders were warning the British. Just not the British Palin was talking about.
    We are speaking today, not then. The British Regulars were coming for the British rebels. Shorthand: Brits and rebels.

    I have a thick volume called "The American Revolution". The first paper in it is written by Paul Revere. It is his memorandum on the events of April 18th, 1775. He rode first to Lexington to warn Hancock and Adams that the Brits (British Light Troops and Grenadiers) were coming to arrest them or to to to Concord to destroy the Colony Stores (that would be the powder and shot). When he was captured on the road to Concord, by the Brits, he warned them, "that I had alarmed the country all the way up, that their boats were catch'd aground, and I should have 500 men there soon..."

    So Palin was right. Revere warned the British. His memo mentions gunfire and the Brits asking him what it meant. P. Revere wrote,"I told him to alarm the country."

    Awesome.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 06-06-11 at 09:35 PM.

  7. #217
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    We are speaking today, not then. The British Regulars were coming for the British rebels. Shorthand: Brits and rebels.

    i have a thick volume called "The American Revolution". The first paper in it is written by Paul Revere. It is his memorandum on the events of April 18th, 1775. He rode first to Lexington to warn Hancock and Adams that the Brits (British Light Troops and Grenadiers) were coming to arrest them or to to to Concord to destroy the Colony Stores (that would be the powder and shot). When he was captured on the road to Concord, by the Brits, he warned them, "that I had alarmed the country all the way up, that their boats were catch'd aground, and I should have 500 men there soon..."

    So Palin was right. Revere warned the British. His memo mentions gunfire and the Brits asking him what it meant. P. Revere wrote,"I told him to alarm the country."

    Awesome.
    Yes, she was right.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Are you saying that Palin has never made a gaffe and it is, instead, people lying and omitting facts to condemn her?
    NEVER? We are talking about a specific comment. Now you want to go down a rabbit trail because she was correct. Who are the stupid ones now?

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    An opinion piece, you mean?

    She ****ed up. Big whoop. Move on.

    If she was right in her assessment, why are her supporters trying to change the Wikipedia entry on Paul Revere? Why did they change the Conservapedia entry on Paul Revere? While one could argue that she is somewhat correct, it's a very skewed stance. Why not just own up to your mistake? I think people would have more respect for her if she did that.
    You mean the liberals who said she was wrong when she is right

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    I really found it funny her people edited conservapedia and are attempting to change wiki.
    Who are these people you claim are Palin's people?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •