Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    There are two scenarios whereby I vote for Obama. One is a hot threeway with 2 females Obama supporters who buy my vote. The other is Palin being the Republican nominee.

    In all seriousness, I do not hate or have any vitriol towards the woman. I think she is a good person, and at her heart a passionate American. But that doesn't necessarily lend itself to being a good leader. She's too idealistic (like Obama was during his campaign). At least Obama has become more pragmatic during his tenure as President. I suppose one could hope for the same with her, but I don't care for rolling the dice two times in a row with a very green and not long tenured politician.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #22
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Sarah Palin represents everything that the GOP has become today. She is the voice of the Republican party and deserves the nomination.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #23
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,758

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What bull?
    I could just be like "ohh your buying into the Sarah Palin bull" but then if i said that, that would get us no place.


    No duh.


    Actually it does matter. A LOT.


    No duh statement again.


    Yea this is why i dont support Sarah Palin and really dont think she has a chance in hell of winning anything.


    I dont watch much US corporate ran news...


    I really wish Sarah Palin had common sense. But politics really isnt common sense all the time you do realize this right...






    Sarcasm...
    Thats a really fine attempt to parse a post and pick it apart using no facts and loads of sarcasm. Now try it again and use some fact based arguments instead of snark.

    Your position is that Palin has no positions and I provide you with the positions. Your response is to move the goal posts and ridicule the post.

    How about you provide exactly which positions you dont like. Or keep acting like a yutz. Your call.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I didn't realize that McCain moonlights as a comedian.

  5. #25
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Thats a really fine attempt to parse a post and pick it apart using no facts and loads of sarcasm.
    Well honestly your post seemed not be thought out very well at all and stated obvious things like "EVERY politician has ideas and policy stances." which is obvious so i just put as much time as you put in your post as i did in mine.

    Now try it again and use some fact based arguments instead of snark.
    You used pretty basic facts.. I used pretty basic facts and responded to your post.

    Your position is that Palin has no positions and I provide you with the positions.
    No duh she has postitons. Ever heard of sarcasm? I think her positions are idiotic, she is a terrible public speaker, and pretty nutty and loony if you ask me.

    Your response is to move the goal posts and ridicule the post.
    Well your post sucked no offense.

    How about you provide exactly which positions you dont like.
    Tax breaks, war monger, private healthcare, abortion stance, her stance on sex education, same sex marriage, stance of keeping mariguana illegal, stance on global warming. Would you like more?

    Or keep acting like a yutz. Your call.
    Good one. Very funny.


  6. #26
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Delusional repubs are funnier than delusional dems

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,872

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sarah Palin represents everything that the GOP has become today. She is the voice of the Republican party and deserves the nomination.
    She is the quintessential Republican.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #28
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Delusional repubs are funnier than delusional dems
    Funny? I would say dangerous.... delusional repubs get elected too often...
    GWB engaged in conversations with God. and still got re-elected...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #29
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,758

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Ok DemSoc, lets recap. You say she has no positions. Then you move the goalposts and say the positions suck, then you simplify them into stereotypes that you can demagogue without actually articulating them with any substance or rebutting them with any substance either. And you say my posts suck? Right back atcha skippy.

    I think before you mention that my posts arent well thought out, you toss a little more thought into your own and make a point instead of using a half assed flame as a posting technique.

    Now then if you want to critique Palin why dont you try some substantial, thought out dissing of her policy positions. I really dont think you want to, because dismissing her without using your head to do so seems to be what you have become accustomed to.

  10. #30
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: John McCain: Sarah Palin Can Beat Obama In 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Ok DemSoc, lets recap. You say she has no positions. Then you move the goalposts and say the positions suck, then you simplify them into stereotypes that you can demagogue without actually articulating them with any substance or rebutting them with any substance either. And you say my posts suck? Right back atcha skippy.

    I think before you mention that my posts arent well thought out, you toss a little more thought into your own and make a point instead of using a half assed flame as a posting technique.

    Now then if you want to critique Palin why dont you try some substantial, thought out dissing of her policy positions. I really dont think you want to, because dismissing her without using your head to do so seems to be what you have become accustomed to.
    Palin = cheer leader. She may have positions, but I doubt she can actually back them up outside of the talking points. But this doesn't matter. Its not in Palin's best interest to run. She'd stop making money and ensure the repubs defeat to Obama. She knows this, all the repubs know this.

    The only person who had a chance to beat Obama was Daniels.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •