Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

  1. #41
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How many kids killed themselves when we were kids? It seems to me we are raising weak individuals that can't handle the world. When I was a kid I was thought the world was a harsh reality and how to deal with it. I was thought that I might not win, I might have to deal with jerks, I might be hated, it was just part of the world. Today, I just don't see any of that. Today kids are weak, and not thought to deal with life. I'm honestly not surprised the weak kill themselves off. We need to stop raising weak children.
    The problem is not with the "weak" children the problem is with the bullies and whatever that make children feel the need to take their own life. I am shocked that you are going to blame weak children and feel your post is disgusting
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    The problem is not with the "weak" children the problem is with the bullies and whatever that make children feel the need to take their own life. I am shocked that you are going to blame weak children and feel your post is disgusting
    I'm sorry you disagree and your find my post disgusting, but I really think its not the bullies fault as much as its the parents fault. Life is always, always going to have assholes, but as parents its your job to get your kids ready for this. Parents these days are failing at doing just that.

  3. #43
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm sorry you disagree and your find my post disgusting, but I really think its not the bullies fault as much as its the parents fault. Life is always, always going to have assholes, but as parents its your job to get your kids ready for this. Parents these days are failing at doing just that.
    excusing the bullies by blaming their vicitims is ignorant thinking.
    In Navy boot camp our Master at Arms was a big guy and he bullied a Filipino kid, big disparity in size. One day the Filipino started swinging fists and cleaned the big guy's clock. Somebody asked our Chief if we should stop the fight. Chief says no, the MAA needs to thoroughly learn his lesson.
    It's natural, I think, to gloat a little when a bully gets what is coming to him...in fact, it is the premise of most of our crime dramas on TV and in the movies.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    When say "I really think its not the bullies fault as much as its the parents fault" I am not excusing the bully.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-29-11 at 11:33 AM.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    This illustrates one big problem facing youth today, one that my generation generally didn't have to worry about:



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #46
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Lack of acceptance by parents, especially due to sexuality issues? That's probably due to indoctrination confusing the child, who then can't understand parental rejection. Schools need to stick to education, and only education.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  7. #47
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Lack of acceptance by parents, especially due to sexuality issues? That's probably due to indoctrination confusing the child, who then can't understand parental rejection. Schools need to stick to education, and only education.
    No, not entirely....if teachers see that there are likely issues at home that the authorities should be alerted to, he or she is remiss in not doing so.
    There are a lot of people out there who are ill equipped to be parents, but they have kids anyway..
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #48
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    When say "I really think its not the bullies fault as much as its the parents fault" I am not excusing the bully.
    I think I see your point. Parents in my generation tend to tell their children that they're special, they don't discipline, they insist that there are no "winners" or "losers" and they create this little envelope around their kids, inside of which everything is pretty and happy and perfect. Then, they go to school and they're not doted on, showered with unearned phrases. They aren't liked by everybody and suddenly everything comes into question. I get it..
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #49
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    No, not entirely....if teachers see that there are likely issues at home that the authorities should be alerted to, he or she is remiss in not doing so.
    There are a lot of people out there who are ill equipped to be parents, but they have kids anyway..
    In Texas, teachers are legally obligated to report suspected abuse or neglect.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #50
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Eight-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    In Texas, teachers are legally obligated to report suspected abuse or neglect.
    And rightly so. The same in California. How else are kids going to be protected from abusive parents?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •