Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 78

Thread: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

  1. #61
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Every day when I commute to work, I ride the DC Metro. It holds as many people as an airplane does, if not more. Subways have been the targets of terrorist bombings in the past, and yet I don't so much as pass through a metal detector before boarding. And you know what? That's fine. Everyone accepts the miniscule risk, because it isn't worth the time, money, or liberty to set up TSA-style anal probes at every turnstyle for the Metro.

    It is insane to be wasting so much money on this **** at our airports. People have absolutely lost their minds. The risk of being the victim of a terrorist attack is tiny.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #62
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    You act like the groping and searching are synonymous, a in because searching is OK that this method is OK. Just because it is a means of searching doesn't make it the best, OK, or necessary for that matter.

    I'm for some method of searching that works, and I am opposed to these, and am not OK with the pat downs as they are.

    And last time I checked, expecting a search doesn't mean anything goes - the checks STILL must obey the law, hell, *if I remember correctly* the laws giving the limited administrative search SPECIFY specifically that they have to be reasonable, and follow applicable laws.

    Some cop can set up a checkpoint to enter a courthouse and require being kicked in the balls until you throw up, that doesn't make it legal because you have the choice to enter the courthouse or not. Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that there are boundaries, boundaries only pushed wih GOOD reasons, backed up by proof of necessit, and not arbitrary crap like "well, he chose to pass through here" with nothing else to go by.

    CHOICE DOES NOT NECESSARILY DETERMINE CONSTITUTIONALITY OR LACK THEREOF OF A FEDERAL AGENCY'S ACTIONS.

    If you're gonna defend that argument of yours, PLEASE back it up with FACTS to prove me wrong - laws, case law, etc, instead of just playing the "it is because it is" angle without backing it up, because every thread is is just that, and it is getting - pardon my french - pretty ****ng annoying.
    No Im showing you that to somebody rational the word "groping" has no power like you want it too. A lot of people relate that word to a sexually thing and while in some dictionaries that will be listed why down the list it just means to feel around. Its a buzz word and appeal to emotion that doesnt work on objectional people.

    Now on to the rest of your post.

    If you are agreeing in said search and are aware of what they are then YES actually it does and thats a fact. If a cop doesnt have cause to search me or my car he can NOT but if I give him permission he CAN and anything he finds he CAN charge me with and if he finds anything questionable he can now USE that for cause and take the search further.

    The cop and the kick in the balls is just nonsense and not even applicable, what are you in middle school? If you can't defend you stance with something rational and relevant just say so LOL

    Get angry all you want, your emotion just shows your frusatation because of your inablity to back up your claim but the fact remains, the 4th is not being violated because the search is consented.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  3. #63
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    how about common sense, reality and logic.
    You might want to try that yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    If my son is in school and called down to the nurses office Im going to be concerned if its the janitor that inspects him for a hernia instead of the nurse LMAO
    Yet you are perfectly all right with undertrained people putting these aggressive flavor pat downs upon us, and those untrained so far as radiation emitting technologies ex-raying us just to get on a goddammed airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    ... like the TSA doing it and a person KNOWING its going to be done and AGREEING to it by partaking in said services.
    Show me where I agreed to these specific methods. Please show me, 'cause you sure won't find it in the airline's Contract of Carriage [federal government is doing this], and ou sure won't find it in any laws governing the TSA since the methods employed are supposed to follow the currently existing laws.

    Or better yet, show me where choosing to get on an airplane or not is at all a condition that allows the feds to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to us, unbounded by laws, logic, and common sense in the name of "keeping us safe," since you spew the same crap over and over, and don't prove it, just repeat what amounts to "it is because it is."

    If you are so sure, please, just back it the **** up with facts already, stop making us guess.
    Last edited by Travelsonic; 05-29-11 at 10:18 PM.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  4. #64
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So to make sure I understand you correctly: It's sexual assault when a stranger feels someone up in this manner for no reason...but it's not sexual assault when a TSA agent feels someone up in exactly the same manner, also for no reason. Makes perfect sense.
    Nope that's what you made up in you head to feel better about being wrong, I said nothing of the sort, that's an appeal to emotion by you with an example that isn't parallel in any way shape of form. Let me know when you can back up you claims or find flaw in what I actually said instead of just making random stuff up



    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Since you obviously can't make a coherent argument to defend your view, I think I'm done responding to you. Toodles.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Translation: You figured out you can't respond with anything logical, rational or reality based so you are stopping in an attempt to save face, its cool, that is smarter than continuing. I accept that you concede
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  5. #65
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    You might want to try that yourself.



    Yet you are perfectly all right with undertrained people putting these aggressive flavor pat downs upon us, and those untrained so far as radiation emitting technologies ex-raying us just to get on a goddammed airplane?
    NO NOT SEARCHES AND SCANNERS!!!!!
    If you actually read the thread I said Im not a fan, Id like more training and better personnel especially in those random PC training moments, elderly, disabled etc etc BUT that will never make me get all emotional and make up the false claim that the 4th is being violated LOL

    and until a system that is equal or better is ready to be put in place with or with out searches and scanners I have no problem with it and deal with it many times every year.



    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Show me where I agreed to these specific methods. Please show me, 'cause you sure won't find it in the airline's Contract of Carriage [federal government is doing this], and ou sure won't find it in any laws governing the TSA since the methods employed are supposed to follow the currently existing laws.

    Or better yet, show me where choosing to get on an airplane or not is at all a condition that allows the feds to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to us, unbounded by laws, logic, and common sense in the name of "keeping us safe," since you spew the same crap over and over, and don't prove it, just repeat what amounts to "it is because it is."

    If you are so sure, please, just back it the **** up with facts already, stop making us guess.
    Really, are you this delusional? You know that these type of searches might happen to get on a plan thats a fact, right.

    Once you by a ticket and stand in line where they tell you may be searched that is your consent. This is common sense.

    I have proved it, you just fail to accept it but that doesn't bother me because your OPINION on the facts don't matter, punch all the keyboards you want, use all the cuss words you want, be over dramatic and all emotional but nothing changes.

    Don't lik ite, don't fly or try to change it but you better have something better than saying it violates the 4th or rights or some of the other nonsense in this thread because you will be wrong.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  6. #66
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    Don't lik ite, don't fly or try to change it but you better have something better than saying it violates the 4th or rights or some of the other nonsense in this thread because you will be wrong.
    Why, becase you say so? Convincing argument there, chief. Like I said before, back it up with facts, since you are making statements as if they were fact and do'nt back them up with anything other than opinion.


    Seriously, its like:
    Last edited by Travelsonic; 05-29-11 at 10:35 PM.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  7. #67
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Why, becase you say so? Convincing argument there, chief. Like I said before, back it up with facts, since you are making statements as if they were fact and do't back them up.
    Nope has nothing to do with "me" thats what you dont get.
    The fact is consent allows searches, sorry that bothers you.
    Like I said not my problem if you don't accept the facts, they still exist
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  8. #68
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    Nope has nothing to do with "me"
    Uh... you were making the factual sounding statement, and being challenged to prove its veracity, yes it does.

    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Moderator's Warning:
    TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown LawKnock off the personal attacks and the baiting, now.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #70
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: TSA Could Ban Flights From Texas If State Passes Anti-Patdown Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Uh... you were making the factual sounding statement, and being challenged to prove its veracity, yes it does.

    Sorry you are misinformed again, I didn't make a factual "sounding" statment I stated a FACT.
    Consent allows searches, this is a fact and has nothing to do with me or my opinion.

    Do you disagree, are you saying you can not consent to a search?
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •