Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

  1. #111
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Couldn't find this story on the front pages of any of our major news websites.

    Here's a story that is vastly more interesting though...

    Halifax man spends 12 years typing out numbers to 1M - CTV News
    Man what a idiotic waste of time.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Man what a idiotic waste of time.
    Well what else is there to do in Canada?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #113
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I will say however, that this is just as bad.

    Not exactly a way to gain empathy by indicting the overwhelming majority of the human population.
    I don't see how that's bad at all. There's a lot of senseless, shaming baggage that goes along with believing whatever a society tells you to. It's also a poor recipe for intellectual growth.

    May not be popular, but that doesn't make it wrong.

  4. #114
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Well what else is there to do in Canada?
    Climb this mountain:



    Can't wait to do it, but I have to wait for the snow to melt

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Climb this mountain:



    Can't wait to do it, but I have to wait for the snow to melt
    In August
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Try this one out.

    If gender were a social construct, then why do transgender people exist?

    ...everyone is now blown away.
    Gender refers to two things: biological gender and gender roles. The confusion usually occurs when folks don't realize that the term can refer to EITHER of these things. Biological gender refers to ones chromosones. Gender roles refer the sociatal construct of how men and women each behave. These construct are changable, whereas biology is not.

    Transgenderism is far more complex and fits somewhere in between these two definitions. Chromosonally, transgenders are either male or female, and nothing, SRS or HRT alters this fact. However, there is evidence that, biologically, the brains of transgenders operate more like those of the gender opposite to what their chromosones are; there is also some evidence that the timing of hormonal production in the womb may be one of the causes of transgenderism. Much of this research is very new, so it is not conclusive.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Oh, and as to the issue in the OP. Parents are stupid, however, if they are saying that they will not impose gender roles on their child, and let he/she chose their own direction, I see little problem with that. If they are going to encourage the child to reject their own biological gender, I would think that some psychological damage might occur, perhaps creating GID in the child.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #118
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Gender refers to two things: biological gender and gender roles. The confusion usually occurs when folks don't realize that the term can refer to EITHER of these things. Biological gender refers to ones chromosones. Gender roles refer the sociatal construct of how men and women each behave. These construct are changable, whereas biology is not.

    Transgenderism is far more complex and fits somewhere in between these two definitions. Chromosonally, transgenders are either male or female, and nothing, SRS or HRT alters this fact. However, there is evidence that, biologically, the brains of transgenders operate more like those of the gender opposite to what their chromosones are; there is also some evidence that the timing of hormonal production in the womb may be one of the causes of transgenderism. Much of this research is very new, so it is not conclusive.
    I'm not convinced that gender behavior and self identification are subject to choice anymore than hetero or homosexuality.

    I very much in the camp that a person is born, predisposed to accept the behavior of a certain gender and that through learned observation of their predisposed gender + some evolutionary instinct, they express the typical gender behavior.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #119
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Climb this mountain:



    Can't wait to do it, but I have to wait for the snow to melt
    Pussy, real men melt the snow as they go.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #120
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: 'Genderless' Child Ignites Firestorm in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Oh, and as to the issue in the OP. Parents are stupid, however, if they are saying that they will not impose gender roles on their child, and let he/she chose their own direction, I see little problem with that. If they are going to encourage the child to reject their own biological gender, I would think that some psychological damage might occur, perhaps creating GID in the child.
    Yea that's what I was getting at, to truly not effect their child's "natural" gender development, they would have to remain completely neutral, not supporting nor rejecting any typical behavior set by a certain gender.

    Where most/all children learn part of their gender development through an adult.
    It's idiotic.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •