Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 146

Thread: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    The only thing I disagree with is the bolded statement. Abuse is cyclical and generational. If Caylee was abused it is extremely likely that Casey was also abused. If so, I doubt the parents or brother would have thought anything was wrong with Casey's treatment of her daughter. Those who would have noticed abuse are the friends who saw Casey interact with her daughter. They've all testified that she was a doting, loving mother. Somebody else in the thread pointed out that this behavior COULD have been an act, though...so there's that.
    Yep, and none of that has anything to do with the little girls death. Which nobody can prove why she died, so I hope the mom walks, not guilty of murder.

  2. #32
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    I know I'll get raked over the coals for this, but I think this case is being overly sensationalized. I've listened to her speaking to her parents in jail, and I just see an emotional girl whose coming unglued.

    MHO is Casey didn't intentionally kill the child. Caylee looks very happy in all the videos I've seen. She doesnot look abused, and if she had been, somebody would have known about it, especially the grandparents, or the brother.

    The defense attorney is trying to create a lot of doubt with lies, but this is what defense attorneys do.

    Caylee may have caused her own death in some way when Casey wasn't paying attention. I know from having my own two kids they do many things that can get them killed, and the parent isn't being negligent. Depends a lot on how precocious the kids are. I believe the problem was Casey panicked, and did some crazy stuff, started making up stories, and that's why she's on trial for her life. They are saying she's a pathological liar, but she just got caught up in her lies. I'd want to know if she was a liar her whole life, but most people lie here and there, many of us do it everyday. It depends on why we're doing it. Half truths are also lies, like telling someone they look good when you don't think they do.

    One thing though that bugs me is the duct tape. Was this put on before death, or after? Don't know why you'd do that after death. Seems very odd. This is puzzling, but because the evidence is weak, I don't see how a jury can go for life. This girl is too young to spend her life in jail.

    From what evidence they have, which isn't much, Casey should get Manslaughter. Lying isn't enough to get you life, or the death penalty in MO.

    The Following Is My Personal Opinions....


    From all of the videos and voice recorded conversations... I would have to disagree with you as to your perceptions of her being a caring, loving mother... or even her having competency as a mother.

    My observation is...she has repeated frame herself as the victim..."not her daughter". She constantly complains that this situation has ruined "her life". She blames "them - they - that" for her dilemma. That type of behavior is called, "Jailhouse Mentality". People who are on death row will go to their grave denying they committed a horrible crime and blame everybody for his or her behaviors.

    Even if she had been "severely abused herself", there's been no psychological diagnoses or testimony as to her being incapable of known the difference between right and wrong.

    Her affect (observable emotional behaviors) has been flat in every respect. When she does get upset, it's because nearly always it has to do with issues regarding her...not her daughter.

    Friends that testify for her...do you have any idea about about their relationship with Casey or their personal backgrounds? Friends often prop up lies or lie themselves.

    Her failure to report her child missing for 31 days has all to do about her concern for her own welfare and not that of her child's.

  3. #33
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Feather View Post
    I do believe there was sex abuse by the bro. Unsure of dad. Dad was getting nooky from stranger pretending he was working. But if casey didnt like it she would have got out of there with the female daughter. Caylee didnt have boobs yet so there is no way she can claim daddy and bro were doing Caylee
    None of that matters to me.

    None of that has anything to do with the death of a child unless the child was killed directly related to incest, molestation - etc.

    But what happened to Mom when she was 5 or 15 does NOT matter at all to me. Just because someone had a ****ed up life does NOT mean they are rendered unable to make sound decisions and contrain their emotions.

    I do, though, believe that a bunch of twisted **** happened - they're one hell of a ****ed up family and have earned all their misery.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #34
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    None of that matters to me.

    None of that has anything to do with the death of a child unless the child was killed directly related to incest, molestation - etc.

    But what happened to Mom when she was 5 or 15 does NOT matter at all to me. Just because someone had a ****ed up life does NOT mean they are rendered unable to make sound decisions and contrain their emotions.I do, though, believe that a bunch of twisted **** happened - they're one hell of a ****ed up family and have earned all their misery.
    Sometimes it does. I don't know what she did or whether she killed her daughter. I don't know what kind of life her daughter lived before she died. But if something traumatic happened to Casey as a child it's likely possible she developed sociopathtic tendancies (lack of emotional connection, inability to empathetize, etc) or other coping mechanisms that have affected her ability to function normally.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #35
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Sometimes it does. I don't know what she did or whether she killed her daughter. I don't know what kind of life her daughter lived before she died. But if something traumatic happened to Casey as a child it's likely possible she developed sociopathtic tendancies (lack of emotional connection, inability to empathetize, etc) or other coping mechanisms that have affected her ability to function normally.
    I agree with Tessa. And there will have to be evidence produced that she has developed a chronic sociopathic disorder...otherwise she'll be convicted and sentenced "to death".

    Her defense is based on sexual abuse by her father from age 8. But if that's a fact, there are very viable "forensic" methods to determine the validity of that claim. I say this because sexual abuse is often claimed in trials. And it isn't dismissed or taken lightly, but there have been a variety of tools created to assess the credibility of these type claims. It will come out if its true. And if it does, then daddy is going bye-bye. Then that leads to her mom's credibility. It could also come out that mom was aware of the abuse...and did nothing. That would be a whole new can of legal worms.

    What I want to see happen is Casey files formal charges against her father.

    A sexual allegation in the state of Florida is a huge. There is no statute of limitations and if a person is convicted of this crime, they will never see the light of day. They will get life without parole. In fact, they can get many life sentences without parole, depending on how many counts are leveled against them.

    ~~~Snip~~~

    If George Anthony is accused and tried for sexually molesting Casey, he could easily follow the same fate. So Mark Lippman, the Anthony’s defense lawyer , filed a motion if to force Jose Baez to proffer to the court how he believes he will establish the allegation George molested Casey to support his defense theory.

    If Casey or someone who knows of this allegation doesn’t get up on the stand and attest to this, then Judge Perry can refuse to allow Baez to ask questions about George’s alleged sexual misconduct towards Casey . That means that their defense of Casey is pretty much over. Casey Anthony’ Sex Abuse Claim Against Father May Force Her On The Stand
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 06-06-11 at 01:01 PM.

  6. #36
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Sometimes it does. I don't know what she did or whether she killed her daughter. I don't know what kind of life her daughter lived before she died. But if something traumatic happened to Casey as a child it's likely possible she developed sociopathtic tendancies (lack of emotional connection, inability to empathetize, etc) or other coping mechanisms that have affected her ability to function normally.
    One of the most curious questions I'd like to have answered is whether sociopaths are born or made. I believe it's a bit of both. However, if the science shows that it leans one way or the other, could it somehow lessen the degree of culpability and responsibility on the part of the offender?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #37
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    One of the most curious questions I'd like to have answered is whether sociopaths are born or made. I believe it's a bit of both. However, if the science shows that it leans one way or the other, could it somehow lessen the degree of culpability and responsibility on the part of the offender?
    I dunno, but the mentality of a sociopath is incredibly intriguing. They understand compelling emotion, but they don't generally feel compelling emotion. They're able to mimic quite well without ever grasping the underlying drives.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #38
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I dunno, but the mentality of a sociopath is incredibly intriguing. They understand compelling emotion, but they don't generally feel compelling emotion. They're able to mimic quite well without ever grasping the underlying drives.
    I think this is a better description for psychopaths. I might be wrong, but iirc sociopaths are generally more disorganized. Not sure which applies to Casey Anthony more, though.

    Sociopath vs. Psychopath: What’s the Difference? | Helping Psychology
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #39
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I think this is a better description for psychopaths. I might be wrong, but iirc sociopaths are generally more disorganized. Not sure which applies to Casey Anthony more, though.

    Sociopath vs. Psychopath: What’s the Difference? | Helping Psychology
    You're probably right, though it appears that Casey might straddle the line, if she is in fact one or the other.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #40
    ¡Selah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial's Surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    One of the most curious questions I'd like to have answered is whether sociopaths are born or made. I believe it's a bit of both. However, if the science shows that it leans one way or the other, could it somehow lessen the degree of culpability and responsibility on the part of the offender?
    Most sociopaths are made, that is, created by their environment; although certain people are more predisposed to beings sociopaths than others. For example, some people recover from trauma easier than others. Those people are more resilient and are thus less likely to develop mental problems as a result. People who recover slowly from trauma, mental or otherwise, are more likely to have mental problems. That part is genetic. The environment determines the rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I dunno, but the mentality of a sociopath is incredibly intriguing. They understand compelling emotion, but they don't generally feel compelling emotion. They're able to mimic quite well without ever grasping the underlying drives.
    Exactly. A sociopath can have an intellectual understand of emotions, but they cannot feel them. They are very charming much of the time because they have to over compensate for what they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    The extent of abuse in US families is difficult to ascertain, because it is generally honorable to keep family secrets.

    The extent and nature of abuse to Casey Anthony may be difficult to understand, since at least Casey has been established as creative with the truth.

    Should Casey be spared the death penalty if she claims she was abused, to some extent, and that she has upset feelings as a result of the abuse, that clouded her judgement as a mother?




    //
    No. Abuse shouldn't spare her from the death penalty if she is convicted. However, I doubt she will receive the death penalty or even life for this.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •