Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 307

Thread: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

  1. #71
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    19 years old and in prison cause he decided being a law abiding citizen was less important then getting high
    ...


    Yes, truly someone to have pity for.
    I have zero sympathy for some one who breaks the law. If a 19 year old gets busted for pot, well, that is his problem. However, releasing him does not threaten the well being of state residents. I would be more worried about the release of nonviolent thieves which is possible depending on how many prisoners actually do get released.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #72
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    OK, let's put aside the fairly blatant racism in randomly bringing welfare into a discussion about people in prison for minor crimes, and using the phrase "baby daddy." And let's put aside the appalling human rights violations that take place in prison, where instead of becoming a "baby daddy to five different women," they become a woman to five different prisoners.

    What the hell makes you think that people convicted of minor crimes would be on welfare if they weren't in prison? Even if we assume that half of them would, that would still be far cheaper than incarceration.

    If you don't want poor people to breed (I say "poor people" even though we both know who you're actually referring to), surely there are more cost-effective ways than locking them in a cage for their 20s for no particular reason. Sex education, for example.

    your obvious (though I notice you are too much of a coward to come out and say it) attempt to paint me as a racist shows your desperation and the fact that your position is crap.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #73
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Putting aside ages for the moment, the three strikes law still applies. Drug possession is a felony. You get caught a few times and you get life in prison.

    See how stupid the system is?
    I am not arguing that the system isn't stupid. I think it is in need of some serious revision. The 3 strikes law is indeed too broad and needs revision but that’s a lot different than trying to paint the prisons here in CA as being full of 19 year olds who got caught with a little pot.


    If I get caught with less than an ounce of pot here in CA, the penalty is $100. I got caught by a photo camera turning right on red a few months ago and had to pay $490. Pot isn’t a crime that people are going to prison for here unless there is something else involved.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #74
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    your obvious (though I notice you are too much of a coward to come out and say it) attempt to paint me as a racist shows your desperation and the fact that your position is crap.
    you can't deny your words.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #75
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    oh and btw.......

    Considerations
    Excluding exemptions, unemployed welfare recipients must enroll in the Welfare to Work program. The program offers vocational training, job resources, childcare assistance and counseling. You may be exempt from the program if you are in school full time, a caretaker for a CalWORKs recipient but not receiving benefits, caring for a disabled household member, age 60 or older, pregnant, a single parent of an infant less than 12 months old or have a medical excuse.




    Read more: California Welfare Requirements | eHow.com California Welfare Requirements | eHow.com
    with emphasis on "YOU MAY BE EXEMPT"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #76
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Just to add, you also have to have 32 hours a week of work-related activities.
    as i posted, oscar doesn't know much about how welfare works. don't know what he bases his assumptions on.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #77
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Another worry about prisons, which someone touched on earlier, is criminalization that happens. let's say we have a 20 year old who does some stupid **** like minor theft. He's not a hardened criminal, he's young and stupid. He gets locked up. Now he's in prison, and to survive, he has to join a gang. The gang indoctrinates him in prison, and teaches him how to be a better criminal Now when he's out, he's already well on the path of being a life-long gang member. It's a problem that needs to be reformed some how.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  8. #78
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    your obvious (though I notice you are too much of a coward to come out and say it) attempt to paint me as a racist
    You're a racist. There.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 05-23-11 at 06:01 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #79
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you can't deny your words.
    please point to where I said anything racist. just because you want it to be, doesn't make it so. did you ever see the movie "baby mama"? everyone involved was white.

    your lame, pathetic, bleatings only prove one thing. people who go looking for racism will always find it, whether it actually exists or not.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #80
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    with emphasis on "YOU MAY BE EXEMPT"

    There's exemptions, yes, but overall the system works nothing like how you say it does.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •