Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 307

Thread: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

  1. #161
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, after they've been stupid enough to break the same law 3 freakin times. sorry, I have no sympathy for stupid
    You know that you can be sent to prison for 25 years for stealing aspirin?

  2. #162
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, after they've been stupid enough to break the same law 3 freakin times. sorry, I have no sympathy for stupid
    I think most of the time they get three separate charges at the same time. It isn't that they break the law, come back, break the law, come back, and then break the law and are thrown in prison for life. They break the law, get three felony charges, and then go to prison for life.

  3. #163
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, after they've been stupid enough to break the same law 3 freakin times.
    Because as we all know, smoking 3 joints is basically on par with child rape and murder.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63
    sorry, I have no sympathy for stupid
    That doesn't surprise me. But I would think that, as a conservative, you'd at least have sympathy for the taxpayers who have to pay for it.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 05-23-11 at 11:33 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #164
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    the difference is not in our agreement/disagreement with the laws. I agree there are stupid laws. I personally think that pot should be legal.

    the difference is you libs think that because the law is stupid people shouldn't go to jail for breaking it. I think that even though the law is stupid, it is still the law and people know they are breaking it, so if they get caught they should go to jail.

    if you don't like the law...work to change it instead of crying like a little bitch when you get pinched for breaking it
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #165
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Because as we all know, smoking 3 joints is basically on par with child rape and murder.



    That doesn't surprise me. But I would think that, as a conservative, you'd at least have sympathy for the taxpayers who have to pay for it.
    again, not the point. you would think that after your 2nd strike you'd be smart enough to either be more careful or quit going out in public carrying weed
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #166
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Legalize drugs. Problem solved.

  7. #167
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I think most of the time they get three separate charges at the same time. It isn't that they break the law, come back, break the law, come back, and then break the law and are thrown in prison for life. They break the law, get three felony charges, and then go to prison for life.
    i'd be interested in seeing the statistics on that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #168
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Legalize drugs. Problem solved.
    agreed, but until they do, either don't do them or stop bitching when you go to jail.

    I would love nothing better than to blaze up and get higher than a mother****er. unfortunately I know that the army frowns on that and I get random drug tests. I therefore restrain myself.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #169
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    again, not the point. you would think that after your 2nd strike you'd be smart enough to either be more careful or quit going out in public carrying weed
    What's your point? That there are stupid people? Well of course there are. So what? Why is it a good thing for someone to spend 25 years to life in prison, on their third conviction for possession of marijuana?

    Does the convict somehow benefit from living most of his life in prison? Does society somehow benefit from taking this evil potsmoker off the streets? Do the taxpayers somehow benefit from forking over $20,000 a year (or $50,000 a year in California) to pay for the incarceration?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #170
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    You know that you can be sent to prison for 25 years for stealing aspirin?
    boo ****ing hoo...just don't be a freakin thief and you've got no worries
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •