Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 322

Thread: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 'threa

  1. #281
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    The Weather Underground were terrorists, not racists.
    Whether, or not they were racists is debatable, IMO; however they most certainly are Left Wing extremist.

  2. #282
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Al Sharpton
    Jesse Jackson
    Louis Farrakhan and the entire Nation of Islam
    Black Panthers
    Malik Zulu Shabazz and the New Black Panthers
    Melvin Watt and the CBC

    Shall I go on?
    First, I think Sharpton, and to a lesser extent Jackson, fall into that wishy washy realm regarding whether race baiting is necessarily racist.

    Second. Jerry Farlwell. If you're going to put Sharpton, Limbaugh could be argued in a similar way. Council of Conservative Citizens. The KKK. American Third Position. All are right leaning

    Third. Well known Organization != number. You didn't say there were more well known racist organizations, or more well known racist spokes people. You said there were more racists, period.

    Fourth. Really, if you want to get into this argument, we could always branch it off into other ism's and bigotry. Irrational hate is irrational hate. That said, the pissing match grows a bit off topic. But its ridiculous to suggest that someone's ignorant for suggesting the Tea Party is racist while turning around and declaring it a fact that there are more Democratic leaning racists then Republican ones and then throw out anecdotal information as somehow "proving" that "fact".

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Al Sharpton
    Jesse Jackson
    Louis Farrakhan and the entire Nation of Islam
    Black Panthers
    Malik Zulu Shabazz and the New Black Panthers
    Melvin Watt and the CBC

    Shall I go on?
    No giving 6 names proves your point. There are definitely more Democratic racists than Republicans.

    BTW - Al Sharpton ran as a Dem, but how to qualify the others as Dem, Liberals, Progressives, or even mainstream anything??

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    There are definitely more Democratic racists than Republicans.
    The history of the Democratic Party is riddled with racism, right up to and including the late Senator Robert Byrd, and their attacks on Republicans continues to this day.

    Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #285
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    There nothing to be blinded by Kali. I've been to two Tea Party events and I saw no racism whatsoever. I live in the deep south. If there was a racism problem with the Tea Party, it would show up here of all places wouldn't it? I've seen a video of a racist plant at a Tea Party event who was exposed. I've also seen a video of Tea Party supporters calling out a racist to his face who showed up at an event. You've provided zero evidence of racism at a Tea Party that actually came from Tea Party supporters.

    There are racists that are part of the Tea Party, but that number is so small that it's not even a mole hill and yet the far left media is trying to make a mountain out of it. There are more racists involved with the Democratic Party than there are the Republican Party and Tea Party combined. But that never gets mentioned by you and your ilk does it? You don't see me running around pointing out that fact because I know it's an insignificant number and it doesn't encompass the vast majority of what liberals/democrats believe. What you fail to grasp is that the Tea Party is a movement about fiscal responsibility, not about moral or social issues. This has been explained to you before. You may think you have an "intelligent mind", but in fact it is so far closed that you can't even see the truth anymore - even when it's right in front of your face. Show me a link between the "Grand Wizard of the KKK" and the Tea Party movement and I'll buy you a 1-year Platinum donation to this site.
    To deny that racism exists is to be in either to be in total denial or totally blind to reality, I live in NJ and get these chain e-mails from friends and relatives describing President Obama as a monkey, in a recent trip to the South, NC I was surprised by the open arrogance and hositility they still exhibited towards the north, I am white male I can imagine how it must feel to be a black person.

    How Racist is America and How Is This Used and Perpetuated? - democracycellproject

    Here are some of the findings:

    The poll sampled 2777 white Americans and was done by AP-Yahoo News, conducted with Stanford University. One third of white Democrats harbored negative views toward blacks and 40% had at least a partially negtive view (harbored at least one presented negative). This could mean 2-1/2 percentage points who might not vote for Obama, according to the analysis, enough to swing a close race away from him. They also used a model to predict that Obama's support would be at least 6% higher if not for the racism.
    53% of registered republicans do not believe that President Obama was born in the USA and another 27% state that they are not sure, Here is my conclusion either they have no faith in the Republican party to ascertain the eligibility of a Presidential candidate or they are consciously or subconsciously racist

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    53% of registered republicans do not believe that President Obama was born in the USA and another 27% state that they are not sure, Here is my conclusion either they have no faith in the Republican party to ascertain the eligibility of a Presidential candidate or they are consciously or subconsciously racist
    This charge of being "subconsciously racist" is another charge being bandied about that is almost impossible to disprove. We could also say Democrats are "subconsciously racist" and the charge would be equally valid, or invalid. It certainly does poison the well of public debate though.

    Another term being used more recently by Leftists is the charge of "using code words", or language, which is another way to describe "subconscious racism', without having any evidence that such racism actually exists.

  7. #287
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,808
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    53% of registered republicans do not believe that President Obama was born in the USA and another 27% state that they are not sure, Here is my conclusion either they have no faith in the Republican party to ascertain the eligibility of a Presidential candidate or they are consciously or subconsciously racist
    What on earth does believing he was born in the US or not have to do with racism in the slightest? Are there racists that believe that? Of course there are, but those folks were racists to begin with. You're going way out on a frail limb with this analogy, just so you know.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    What on earth does believing he was born in the US or not have to do with racism in the slightest?
    Seriously?

    That bit of ignorance (birtherism) stems from a core bigotry, seeing the black man as 'the other'. Not trusting the colored (in their minds, less-American) skin. These may be perfectly nice people on the surface. They know black people, work with black people, and would never utter a racist word publicly. But in the those secret, private moments, they have that lingering doubt that the black man with Muslim name is not really American.

    It has EVERYTHING to do with racism.

    It is a very limiting belief to only think racists come in sheets. They're typically the older generation, people set in their ways. Again, not overt, but the bigotry is there, just below the surface.

  9. #289
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This charge of being "subconsciously racist" is another charge being bandied about that is almost impossible to disprove. We could also say Democrats are "subconsciously racist" and the charge would be equally valid, or invalid. It certainly does poison the well of public debate though.

    Another term being used more recently by Leftists is the charge of "using code words", or language, which is another way to describe "subconscious racism', without having any evidence that such racism actually exists.
    I did not participate in the poll, but I participate in real life and have no doubt that racism plays a major role in the way that many view our President, my mother a good woman has said I am not a racist but I don't want a black man eating at my table, my step sister won't visit her mother because she adopted black children. My cousin a life long democrat changed parties and refers to Obama by the N word. I come from a NJ middle class family living just outside of Princeton and have heard the racism all of my life.

    The poll I presented polled democrats and look at the results.

    Now back to the topic should Bachmann debate Amy I would think it would be a no winner for Bachmann

    New Poll Finds Tea Partiers Have More Racist Attitudes - Newsweek

    New Poll Finds Tea Partiers Have More Racist Attitudes
    Are tea partiers racist? That question has triggered a flood of impassioned commentary in recent months. Opponents depict the movement as a band of cranky old white people brimming with racial resentment, as evidenced by the inflammatory signs that pop up at their rallies and coded language about "taking our country back." Supporters say the movement is motivated quite simply by resistance to big government and that the occasional flashes of racism are overhyped by the media and representative of only a small fringe. As Gallup's Frank Newport recently wrote, "Each side of the political spectrum appears to have a vested interest in portraying the Tea Party movement in the specific way that best fits their ideological positioning." Yet neither side has had much empirical data to draw on.

    So a new poll by researchers at the University of Washington caught my eye. The findings are sure to fan the flames further. "People who approve of the Tea Party, more than those who don't approve, have more racist attitudes," says Christopher Parker, a University of Washington professor who directed the survey. "And not only that, but more homophobic and xenophobic attitudes." For instance, respondents were asked whether they agreed with various characterizations of different racial groups. Only 35 percent of those who strongly approve of the tea party agreed that blacks are hardworking, compared with 55 percent of those who strongly disapprove of the tea party. On whether blacks were intelligent, 45 percent of the tea-party supporters agreed, compared with 59 percent of the tea-party opponents. And on the issue of whether blacks were trustworthy, 41 percent of the tea-party supporters agreed, compared with 57 percent of the tea-party opponents.

    The survey, which included about 1,000 respondents in six battleground states (like Michigan and Nevada) and California, found similar margins on questions regarding Latinos. And tea-party supporters were far more likely than opponents to say that immigrants take jobs from people living here (59 percent agreed with that statement), that immigration from foreign countries should be decreased (53 percent agreed), and that undocumented immigrants in the U.S. should be deported immediately (45 percent agreed).

  10. #290
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 't

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Didn't say that hypocrisy was exclusive to politics. But when I see it, I point it out.
    Since doing that usually leads to confrontation in one form or another, one could come to the conclusion that you would be trolling then.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •