Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 503

Thread: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorization

  1. #91
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Thats what liberals would want, but Syria is a thorny issue due to Iran. You have to have a nuanced stance on military intervention in domestic affairs, even if a leader is slaughtering his own people, or else you never stop or you get drawn into major international conflict.
    OR...it could be that he was babbling just enough bull**** so that his supporters could justify HIS war actions.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by Regime Change View Post
    Shouldn't Congress somehow authorize war even within un scope?
    I would prefer it. But let's not say it is equal to congress not declaring war and the UN not authorizing it. Our missions should be as clear, supported, and limited as possible.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    The United States is not the UN's bitch. The United States has no benefit from taking the side of al qeada against Ghadaffy in Libya. That's it. Period.

    Any American wishing to choose and fight for either side can buy an airplane ticket and go to Libya as private citizens. End of story.
    repeating the silly strawman isn't very effective.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    Bush had the consent of congress prior to committin troops. What Obama did was worse.
    No, he had the bucked passed to him to make the decision. Congress didn't do it's job, republicna or democrat.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Didya wanna prove that the Wiretaps were illegal....or did you simply wish to continue being a Parrot?
    As they did not follow the law, they were illegal. We can go back over the same old arguments and information if you want to, including the silly ass poor excuses used for doing it, but the fact is, Bush had little to know concern for the law.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Bush had little to know concern for the law
    dept chair, huh?

    LOL!

  7. #97
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Because, at the time, thats how he was presenting himself. Pay attention to changing events please



    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    OR...it could be that he was babbling just enough bull**** so that his supporters could justify HIS war actions.
    Doesn't change the fact that 1 size doesn't fit all

  8. #98
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    At the end of the day we should not be in Libya, mainly because we don't even have our goals planned out.

    Also, Obama, Sarkozy, and Cameron stated in an op-ed last month:

    Our duty and our mandate under U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973 is to protect civilians, and we are doing that. It is not to remove Qaddafi by force. But it is impossible to imagine a future for Libya with Qaddafi in power.

    Talk about the true objective.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Because, at the time, thats how he was presenting himself.
    how he presented himself?

    LOL!

    it was SIX WEEKS ago

    the only events that have changed since then are a couple hundred more syrians, including ambulances drivers and children, killed by the reformer's snipers

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: White House: Limited Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorizati

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Are Americans being bombed, killed?...No? Then its not our ****ing problem
    The American public: December 6, 1941.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •