Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 470

Thread: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not sure you can, but I would agree that you're an ideologue. What do you intend to teach?
    You are not an ideologue, Boo Radley?

  2. #412
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You are not an ideologue, Boo Radley?
    No so much. I lean liberal, but can change my mind if the facts warrant it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #413
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    I thought people were born gay...why do they need to be taught gay in school?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #414
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I thought people were born gay...why do they need to be taught gay in school?
    No one is teaching gay. I assume that was humor. Of a sort.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #415
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I thought people were born gay...why do they need to be taught gay in school?
    Exactly what I have said. The law doesn't really do anything.

  6. #416
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Sure lets be teaching our 5 year olds about gays, and while we are at it .. lets teach them about the KKK, or polygamy* and remind them that we should be tolerant of those people at well.

    This is just another thing liberals and conservatives will never agree on, children ages 5 to 13 should not be being taught such things in school, that is the parents responsibility not the schools. Liberals coming up with this idea that it's our school systems responsibility to be teach the morality of this nation is just absurd.

    Only a liberal with limited thinking, could even come up with saying that our school system not telling a 5 to 13 year year olds about gays is going to be harmful to gays overall. They (liberals) with their superior intellect apparently feel that any other parents are incapable of teaching their children what is right or wrong.

    In today society if a person is gay and growing up miserable, then that is his/her problem, being gay is widely acceptable, in truth probably as widely acceptable as believing in God. After all our school teachers are not to mention God either now are they?
    So being gay is the same as killing people of a different race now?

    The problem that you fail to recognize is that NO ONE IN TENNESSEE IS TEACHING KIDS TO BE GAY.

    This is a solution that has no problem and is a much bigger problem than if this suspiciously-lifelong-single 42-year-old man had never come up with the idea. Now, instead of sexuality being not discussed, by banning it - a specific message is being passed out to young people who might feel different - and that is: YOU'RE IDENTITY IS WRONG and YOU ARE A LESSER BEING WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE TALKED ABOUT.

    Initially, there was already silence on this issue. Thanks to this "lifelong bachelor", silence has turned into a tacit condemnation of gay people.

    There was no one in Tennessee asking for elementary and middle schools to teach homosexuality. No one. Now, conservatives get to pretend that "gays are trying to get our kids" because of this bill.

    Please tell me how this bill is going to create jobs, attract business, or improve the economy?

  7. #417
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not sure you can
    then you must forget the debates we had when I was castigating the Bush Administration for the original stimulus package, or the bailouts . When I criticized his soft-approach with Iran and North Korea. Apparently you missed me being furious with House Republican leadership for deceitfulness when the "cuts" they claimed to have gotten turned out to be nothing of the sort, and so on and so forth.

    but I would agree that you're an ideologue. What do you intend to teach?
    There I am torn. My Masters is in Poli Sci; but I do well there only because of my solid grounding in History. Likely I will focus on American history while picking up the Western Civ / Middle East Gen Ed courses.

  8. #418
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No so much. I lean liberal, but can change my mind if the facts warrant it.
    interesting. On what major issue would you say you have changed your facts to the non-liberal stance?

  9. #419
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    then you must forget the debates we had when I was castigating the Bush Administration for the original stimulus package, or the bailouts . When I criticized his soft-approach with Iran and North Korea. Apparently you missed me being furious with House Republican leadership for deceitfulness when the "cuts" they claimed to have gotten turned out to be nothing of the sort, and so on and so forth.
    No, I really don't remember much. But that wouldn't change anything if you did. You simply don't see Bush as strong on the ideology as you are. But overall, you ignore a lot to simply support them regardless. They spend just as much. They don't hold to many of your ideals. You excuse it as just a few rinos and such when in fact they are merely republicans who see it differently than you do.


    There I am torn. My Masters is in Poli Sci; but I do well there only because of my solid grounding in History. Likely I will focus on American history while picking up the Western Civ / Middle East Gen Ed courses.
    Sounds good. But I'd love to be in the room when you're accused of bringing your politics to class.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    interesting. On what major issue would you say you have changed your facts to the non-liberal stance?
    Newt and republicans won me over concerning the debt for one thing. Which is why republicans disappointed me so when they got into power and spent, as McCain pointed out, like drunken saliors. I once thought we'd be fine with Bush as president. I believed he wasn't strong, but would likely hire good men to do the work. I was wrong and the facts support that. As I've told you before, I never joined a party before Bush jr. I voted for Dole and Reagan, not to mention Grassley. I've changed because the facts have warranted change, though I know longer belong to a party. If republicans could muster a valid candidate, one not as silly as Palin or as wrong as someone like Huckabee (a good man who is simply wrong), I'd consider voting republican agian. When would you consider voting democrat?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •