Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 470

Thread: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

  1. #151
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I totally understand this... I also did not have enough time to cover the entire curriculum that was presented to me, especially in the area of World History, which under ideal circumstances can't be taught in a year anyway... and all of this other crap that resulted in lost teaching days due to seminars that the students had to attend and speeches about tolerance and what not... yeah, pathetic... While there are faults with the education system in Taiwan, at least the primary focus is on making sure the kids learn basic skills in math, science, history, Chinese and English...
    Ludahai years ago when I was in school...there were no computers, copiers or even hand held calculators. I got thrown out of school at 15 and I could read and write very well and I had extremely good penmanship. I never handed in one piece of paper for homework. My point is that we were taught what was necessary.
    My daughter now has to graduate...TWENTY YEAR OLDS that cant write a paragraph that makes sense and doesnt have 50 spelling errors...so someone needs to explain why our kids are being indoctrinated instead of educated.

  2. #152
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying it should be class. But it is in our history and as of late it has been a fairly prominent topic. And it is a part of human sexuality as well.

    I understand that but its not a necessary topic...especially when you consider that were graduating morons that cant write paragraphs

  3. #153
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    When do kids usually start to realize they are sexual? 11-14? Thats middle school is it not?
    I've been getting hard-ons since like age 2.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #154
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Ludahai years ago when I was in school...there were no computers, copiers or even hand held calculators. I got thrown out of school at 15 and I could read and write very well and I had extremely good penmanship. I never handed in one piece of paper for homework. My point is that we were taught what was necessary.
    My daughter now has to graduate...TWENTY YEAR OLDS that cant write a paragraph that makes sense and doesnt have 50 spelling errors...so someone needs to explain why our kids are being indoctrinated instead of educated.
    Its not indoctrination thats the problem, its the fact that teaching is still done like it was in the 1800s. Its boring, repetitive (didn't learn anything new in high school until outside of physics and biology) until senior year, etc.

    I took Algebra in middle school, and I had to take again in high school because of the dumb kids that couldn't learn it in middle school for instance.
    Last edited by xpiher; 05-22-11 at 02:10 AM.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I understand that but its not a necessary topic...especially when you consider that were graduating morons that cant write paragraphs

    Maybe they could write a paper on the topic of Gay rights in the USA in a social studies class?

    I had to write papers in my history classes on various topics.

    I mean actually write a paper. You know like 5, 10 pages, foot notes, bibliography all that stuff.
    Last edited by winston53660; 05-22-11 at 02:09 AM.

  6. #156
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I've been getting hard-ons since like age 2.
    Are you circumsized ?

  7. #157
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Maybe they could write a paper on the topic of Gay rights in the USA in a social studies class?

    I had to write papers in my history classes on various topics.

    I mean actually write a paper. You know like 5, 10 pages, foot notes, bibliography all that stuff.
    I have to ask you why ?

  8. #158
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Its not indoctrination thats the problem, its the fact that teaching is still done like it was in the 1800s. Its boring, repetitive (didn't learn anything new in high school until outside of physics and biology) until senior year, etc.

    I took Algebra in middle school, and I had to take again in high school because of the dumb kids that couldn't learn it in middle school for instance.
    Whenever they are putting out information in school that is not necessary to educate them in academic subjects its indoctrination

  9. #159
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Whenever they are putting out information in school that is not necessary to educate them in academic subjects its indoctrination
    That wasn't my point. Also, what sort of indoctrination do you think goes on in public school?

  10. #160
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Are you circumsized ?
    No, but I'm not sure what that has to do with teaching homosexuality in schools.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •