Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 139

Thread: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

  1. #41
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    he did that in order to get his education-voucher reform passed. I'm thinking he still comes out on top.
    I think it was little more than that. The right to work bill included language that could have been used to force unions to represent non-union members in an effort to drain the union's coffers. Thats BS

  2. #42
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Palins' role at this point is to endorse the leading NotRomney on his way to victory in the Republican primary, and then to rally the base during the general as a cheerleader - she will also perform well in her self-assigned (and successful) job as an attention-gainer and kingmaker for several down-ticket Republican insurgents in Democratic incumbencies. I sincerely doubt she will run, but if she does, then yes, she will probably pick up much of the Huckabee crowd; though not nearly all of them.
    Yep, a role for Sarah Palin befitting her narcissistic personality AND her knowledge of world affairs: cheerleader.... "Give me a "R", give me an "O".... Who do we like?....... push 'em back, push 'em back" Yes, she is the perfect cheerleader!
    Last edited by upsideguy; 05-15-11 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #43
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,066

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Putting Mitch Daniels and the Right-to-Work Fracas in Context

    Daniels forestalled a fight in Indiana over right-to-work because he had already passed the same reduction as Wisconsin did (Wisconsin did not, as far as i am aware, become a right-to-work state), and he needed Democrats in their seats to get his education voucher system pushed through. Again, I think the base will accept reforming education with vouchers as an acceptable alternative to a long, iffy battle over right-to-work, given Daniels history in that regards.

  4. #44
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    The fact that she has became a king maker in the republican party shows how sad the republican party as a whole is.
    The Republican party has no kings nor princes. They must settle for the court jesters.

  5. #45
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Mike Huckabee will not run for president, and as a former candidate for public office I fully understand what he is doing. He feels he has a better chance to make a difference doing what he is dong.


    I applaud his decision and the reasons .
    He knows damn well he couldn't beat Obama, so he is sitting this election out and maybe he will run in 2016.


  6. #46
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Putting Mitch Daniels and the Right-to-Work Fracas in Context

    Daniels forestalled a fight in Indiana over right-to-work because he had already passed the same reduction as Wisconsin did (Wisconsin did not, as far as i am aware, become a right-to-work state), and he needed Democrats in their seats to get his education voucher system pushed through. Again, I think the base will accept reforming education with vouchers as an acceptable alternative to a long, iffy battle over right-to-work, given Daniels history in that regards.
    I never said he didn't come out more ahead, I'm simply saying that there may be more to it then just that. As I said, the law had that language in it which anyone with a brain should see as BS.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Wow just wow! Go unelectable candidates election 2012. So having a candidate that has no idea how to work with politicians is a good thing? Yay for not being able to get your ideas trough. Also having someone who is a founder of a pizza chain is nothing but saying hey I'm going to screw the middle class, but I'm still for smaller government so vote for me the rich guy who founded a pizza chain. At least Mitch Romany, and Mike Huckabee are freaking electable
    Who's Mitch Romany?
    Also read post #18 and also go to link. Cain has lots of experience working with politicians. He's just never been corrupted by them or held elected office.
    here's more on Cain. Click link to find out the details. Very interesting bio.

    Herman Cain: Biography from Answers.com
    Education: Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, B.S., 1967; Purdue University, Lafayette, IN, M.A., computer science, 1971.
    Memberships: Chairman, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, 1992; president, National Restaurant Association, 1994-95; board member, Creighton University, 1989-; board member, Super Valu, Inc., 1990-; board member, Utilicorp United Inc., 1992-; board member, Whirlpool Corp., 1992; member, Economic Growth and Tax Reform Commission established by Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole.
    Career
    The Pillsbury Company, Minneapolis, MN, vice president/corporate systems and services, 1977-82; Burger King Corporation, Philadelphia, PA, regional vice president, 1982-86; Godfather's Pizza Inc., Omaha, NE, president, 1986-88, president/CEO, 1988--.
    Here's an interesting tidbit. lots more on the site


    When Cain started working at a Minneapolis Burger King in 1982, he cleaned toilets and flipped hamburgers. After completing the management training program in only nine months, Cain was named vice president and general manager for the Philadelphia region of the Burger King Corporation. Attaining this position was particularly special for Cain, considering that he and several friends were refused service in a restaurant in 1952 when they attempted to buy a hamburger.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #48
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Yep, a role for Sarah Palin befitting her narcissistic personality AND her knowledge of world affairs: cheerleader.... "Give me a "R", give me an "O".... Who do we like?....... push 'em back, push 'em back" Yes, she is the perfect cheerleader!
    You have Palin confused with Obama

    Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
    Believing that you're better than others
    Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
    Exaggerating your achievements or talents
    Expecting constant praise and admiration
    Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
    Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
    Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
    Taking advantage of others
    Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
    Being jealous of others
    Believing that others are jealous of you
    Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    Setting unrealistic goals
    Being easily hurt and rejected
    Having a fragile self-esteem

    Narcissistic personality disorder: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #49
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,066

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    I never said he didn't come out more ahead, I'm simply saying that there may be more to it then just that. As I said, the law had that language in it which anyone with a brain should see as BS.
    I just don't think it becomes a reason for Conservatives to reject Daniels. He remains the candidate with the most successful conservative governing record.

  10. #50
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,066

    Re: Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You have Palin confused with Obama

    Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
    Believing that you're better than others
    Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
    Exaggerating your achievements or talents
    Expecting constant praise and admiration
    Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
    Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
    Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
    Taking advantage of others
    Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
    Being jealous of others
    Believing that others are jealous of you
    Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    Setting unrealistic goals
    Being easily hurt and rejected
    Having a fragile self-esteem

    Narcissistic personality disorder: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
    thaaaaaaaat's a little spooky.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •