Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

  1. #111
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Who's job is it to determine whether or not a law is against the constitution? The big three thats who. The legislative, executive, and judicial branches. Which includes those branches of either state or federal government or both. Just because YOU (the individual) think that something is constitutional, while not being well versed in constitutional law doesn't mean you do what the hell you want to.
    Sorry, but you forgot the fourth branch of government which is the people. It isn't the big three since they're in no position to determine the extent of the powers that were delegated. The Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of your state of residence are quite clear on this since they are limits on government not the people. All of your authority is derived from the consent of the people. Your authority does not extend from the big three. When was the last time you lived up to your oath of office to bear true faith to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of your state? Probably never, since you never comment about how you take stands against unjust laws.

  2. #112
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You have a link for this story? I'd like to read it...You have my attention.

    Will this suffice?

  3. #113
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I vaguely remember this case now.

    What I find interesting is that nobody is bothering to ask the question......Why? Why go through the trouble of lying about information to obtain a warrant to search a home to find some drugs to make an arrest.
    No arrest is worth all that....So, why?

    Also, this is an obvious example of why "the drug war" is such a waste of time and resources, an example from the local level if you will.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #114
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I vaguely remember this case now.

    What I find interesting is that nobody is bothering to ask the question......Why? Why go through the trouble of lying about information to obtain a warrant to search a home to find some drugs to make an arrest.
    No arrest is worth all that....So, why?

    Also, this is an obvious example of why "the drug war" is such a waste of time and resources, an example from the local level if you will.
    The why doesn't matter to the criminals that wear badges. It's just like no one questions the why when non-police commit crimes. It's not important to most people. However, maybe we should start asking why more often.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    The why doesn't matter to the criminals that wear badges. It's just like no one questions the why when non-police commit crimes. It's not important to most people. However, maybe we should start asking why more often.
    I ask why for EVERY crime..... regardless of who is committing it.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #116
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I ask why for EVERY crime..... regardless of who is committing it.
    Let me know if you come up with any answers. I find that the bulk of crimes that are arrested for are a result of the war on drugs and the war on drugs is the result of institutionalized racism and enforced morality of the minority. It's really funny, yet sad at the same time, that Amnesty International that the United States has far more people imprisoned, a supposedly free county, then communist China, a totalitarian regime.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Let me know if you come up with any answers. I find that the bulk of crimes that are arrested for are a result of the war on drugs and the war on drugs is the result of institutionalized racism and enforced morality of the minority. It's really funny, yet sad at the same time, that Amnesty International that the United States has far more people imprisoned, a supposedly free county, then communist China, a totalitarian regime.
    Persons imprisoned has nothing to do with how free you are as a society.

    Higher Persons imprisoned could mean we are better at investigating and solving crimes against our people.
    If you want to stick with the drug angle...
    We have a higher demand for illegal drugs coming into the country and are doing a worse job of preventing those drugs from getting in than other countries. This just means we have more junkies and worthless bags of garbage in our society, or we do a worse job of keeping these things from getting into our borders.
    We could also use some reform in our drug laws, I would agree, but making lame comparisons to China using quips like "free society" and "Totalitarian Regime" mean absolutely nothing.


    You have to be open to ALL viewpoints, not just the one that suits your argument's need.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #118
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Persons imprisoned has nothing to do with how free you are as a society.

    Higher Persons imprisoned could mean we are better at investigating and solving crimes against our people.
    If you want to stick with the drug angle...
    We have a higher demand for illegal drugs coming into the country and are doing a worse job of preventing those drugs from getting in than other countries. This just means we have more junkies and worthless bags of garbage in our society, or we do a worse job of keeping these things from getting into our borders.
    We could also use some reform in our drug laws, I would agree, but making lame comparisons to China using quips like "free society" and "Totalitarian Regime" mean absolutely nothing.


    You have to be open to ALL viewpoints, not just the one that suits your argument's need.
    Persons imprisoned is a direct correlation to how free a society is. The more people in prison is a result from more legislation making things illegal. Drugs are illegal to protect the paper industry and for racial reasons. Do you support government sponsored racism?

    Many of the things that are currently illegal are victimless like drugs. The only reason why other crimes are done in support of the drug trade is because drugs are illegal to begin with. Prohibition of alcohol had the same effect in regards to other crimes stemming from just making alcohol illegal. We all know how well that turned out. Do you realize that there are over 13,000 things that are illegal just under federal law alone? The states have just as many things that are illegal. Now does this make us a free society? Nope, because many activities are illegal which is a restriction on liberty/freedom from state restraint.

    Like you said think outside of your viewpoint.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 05-24-11 at 11:23 PM.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post

    Like you said think outside of your viewpoint.
    ... Yet you didn't.

    I showed there are other factors that could be taken into consideration when thinking of persons imprisoned when compared to another nation.
    You continued on your viewpoint that the only factor considered is freedom of people to do what they want... and apparently regardless of whether that makes a victim of someone else or not.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #120
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

    Hey I have a question.

    In what way CAN YOU resist a cops entry into your home? and in that moment?

    What are you supposed to do, start shooting at them, that'll go down well.

    As long as it doesn't suspend a citizens right to recieve compensation from a illegal/botched entry, this whole thing is kind of redundant.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •