Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military chap

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military chap


    One of the main reasons for this change is PUBLIC opinion as we move closer to the 2012 election, and this would have messed up Obama but good.

    The story said it was,
    social conservatives in the House of Representatives
    , but I think it was the people in general because Gongress doesn't get to pick gets the Oval Office, normally.

    So congrats to all those who spoke up on the subject.

    U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military chapels

    The U.S. Navy has reversed a decision allowing chaplains to perform same-sex unions at military chapels once the Department of Defense ends its ban on gays serving openly in the armed forces.

    Tuesday night's turnaround was largely fueled by pressure from social conservatives in the House of Representatives and came just a day after gay rights advocates applauded the Navy's decision to start training chaplains to perform the civil unions.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    I know God forbid we support our service members right? They might get all uppity and do something crazy like continue to honorably serve the nation.

    Also nice job flat out admitting to making stuff up to serve your opinion. The article says "social conservatives in the House of Representatives" but you say "No I think it was public opinion, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it was public opinion." But then again you did have a reason for believing it was really the public, that being, "Gongress doesn't get to pick gets the Oval Office, normally." If that's not a water tight argument I dont know what is

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    I don't see a particularly good reason to ban a chaplain from performing a marriage ceremony.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post

    One of the main reasons for this change is PUBLIC opinion as we move closer to the 2012 election, and this would have messed up Obama but good.

    The story said it was, , but I think it was the people in general because Gongress doesn't get to pick gets the Oval Office, normally.

    So congrats to all those who spoke up on the subject.
    Why do you hate our servicemen and women?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I know God forbid we support our service members right? They might get all uppity and do something crazy like continue to honorably serve the nation.

    Also nice job flat out admitting to making stuff up to serve your opinion. The article says "social conservatives in the House of Representatives" but you say "No I think it was public opinion, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it was public opinion." But then again you did have a reason for believing it was really the public, that being, "Gongress doesn't get to pick gets the Oval Office, normally." If that's not a water tight argument I dont know what is
    I did leave out "The Defense of Marriage Act" which would have made it illegal had the Navy gone forward and Obama permitted it ti stand.

    Besides the Navy nor the White House will ever admit they felt pressure or were doing anything for political reasons.

    Obama wants you to think he is looking out for you when all his past mistakes, show otherwise.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you hate our servicemen and women?
    I hate that the Left is using us to shape social policy.

  7. #7
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I hate that the Left is using us to shape social policy.
    I hate that the right uses stupid lines like this to justify stupidity,
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't see a particularly good reason to ban a chaplain from performing a marriage ceremony.
    At this point in time, it breaks the law. That's why.

    Change the law first, then allow.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I hate that the right uses stupid lines like this to justify stupidity,
    It's faltering to know the Right is quoting me, though. Link?

  10. #10
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: U.S. Navy reverses decision to allow same-sex marriages by chaplains at military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you hate our servicemen and women?
    Where do you Liberals get off making stuff up that is not there. I reported my opinon of the facts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •