Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 151

Thread: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

  1. #81
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    You don't think a 17% skew in the Dems favor is a little out of the ordinary?

    How very... liberal of you.

    If someone posted a poll skewed in the GOPs favor, you'd be all over them like white on rice, claiming either the poll doesnt matter or the poll was unfairly slanted in the GOP's favor.
    Here is the whole matter of skew. As a percentage of the American population, there is not going to be a 50-50 split among Democrats and Republicans - EVER. There are a crapload of Independents out there who are willing to identify with either party. Some will identify with Democrats if they perceive the president doing something very good, such as killing bin Laden. When Obama was doing poorly, some of these same Independents were identifying as Republicans, which helped the GOP gain the majority in 2010.

    There is no secret to this. Pollsters don't spend time combing through records looking for clues as to who might be a Democrat or a Republican. They call a random sample, and any scientist will tell you that the larger a sample is, the more it is going to represent the population as a whole, as the margin of error becomes less. So with this poll, it looks like more Americans are identifying with Democrats than Republicans. In 2010, more Americans were identifying with Republicans than Democrats, and that could very well happen in 2012, depending on how Obama does.

    In short, those who are complaining that more Democrats were called are putting up a red herring, and building a straw man, both at the same time.

    I have a story for you, and it is true. My wife is very Liberal, and strongly identifies as a Democrat. In 2010, she complained that Rasmussen was purposely polling Republicans to make the Democrats look bad. I explained to her what I have posted in this thread. She wasn't buying it, of course. She IS a hyperpartisan. We have a good marriage, but when it comes to politics, we argue hard. And, sometimes, she just refuses to listen to reason. Some people in this thread are also refusing to listen to reason. Some are just like my wife, and some are even worse than my wife. To them, it is better to take the blue pill, and forget reality. The only thing in life that is important to them are the political parties that they are slaves to. To those people I say "You can keep the political slavery". I don't want it. Critical thinking, and intellectual freedom, is better than being a slave to any political party or ideology.

    To sum it all up, the whole argument brought up by those complaining that AP took a biased poll can be summed up in one word....

    Bullocks and dishonest.... Oops, make that 3 words.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-11-11 at 05:25 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Either you lied, or you have more serious issue.






    This is a lie. either that or I overestimated you.
    Apparently this went over your head, so I will try and be a little more clear.

    The result of a question asking what party a person identifies with = result

    How the poll was conducted = methodology

    Your criticism has been with the former, not the latter. I even linked to the latter so you could actually see if there was a problem.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #83
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,371

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Apparently this went over your head, so I will try and be a little more clear.

    The result of a question asking what party a person identifies with = result

    How the poll was conducted = methodology

    Your criticism has been with the former, not the latter. I even linked to the latter so you could actually see if there was a problem.


    The sampling group is not "the result". FAIL
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #84
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Please link to 200+ posts. please by all means.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...n-katrina.html

    13 posts of you defending a poll of Obama's response to BP oil spill.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...-point-12.html

    9 posts defending another poll on Obama's low approval ratings.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...-point-12.html

    9.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...live-poll.html

    6.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ent-obama.html

    12

    That's just 50 posts of threads started by you defending poll results. Do you really want me to get the rest? Or are you going to continue your hypocritical stinger shuffle? Here:
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The sampling group is not "the result". FAIL
    How people self identify is not the sampling group. The sampling group was Random Digit Dialing(RDD), composed of 70 % land lines and 30 % cell phones.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    Advisor BentWingedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-23-11 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    I think getting Bin Laden was one of the things that ALL Americans could agree on. The problem with the election being a yr. & a half a way is that most Americans have the attention span of a teetsy fly. Also the RW ers maingoal is to see Obama fail; no matter what the cost. Also folks need to see that GOP has become the party of corp/big business. Internationslist-& there is nothing American about that.

  7. #87
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    I just did a poll, the results of which state that said that 90% of Texans worship me as a God.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #88
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I just did a poll, the results of which state that said that 90% of Texans worship me as a God.
    Yes, but Texas is weird.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #89
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, but Texas is weird.
    Boo!

    ten characters.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #90
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I just did a poll, the results of which state that said that 90% of Texans worship me as a God.
    So you're the one who called me.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •