Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 151

Thread: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

  1. #51
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your only complaint so far is with the results of the poll,

    I'd like to revisit this. Redress, why are you lying? this is not at all what my complaint is about. My complaint, even the most basic of those who can read, see my complaing is with the sampling pool. Fail.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #52
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,085

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    polls with a 17 point advantage for one side or the other (as in, polling 17% more Democrats than Republicans, or visa versa) are for sheep.
    Ah I get it. Moving to goal post. Did you actually read the poll? Here is how it breaks down:

    Democratic - 35%
    Independent - 28%
    Republican - 18%
    Don't know - 20%
    Strongly Liberal - 9%
    Somewhat Liberal - 14%
    Moderate - 36%
    Somewhat Conservative - 22%
    Strongly Conservative - 16%
    Don't know - 3%
    Refused - 1%

    Break down:

    Liberal - 23%
    Moderate - 36%
    Conservative - 38%

    ... what a surprise... 38% of those sampled were conservatives or leaned conservative... so much for "17 point advantage".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #53
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    mine, as I stated above, is the methodology. Polling too heavily on one side or the other will naturally slant the results in favor of that side.


    He knows that's mine too, Redress, tends to like to nit pick at the Greatness that is the Good Reverend for whatever reason.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #54
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    mine, as I stated above, is the methodology. Polling too heavily on one side or the other will naturally slant the results in favor of that side.
    It's not that simple. Pollsters don't actively outright pursue Democrats over Repubs, or vice versa. The difference has to do with varying definitions of "likely voters." A pollster like Rasmussen's definition of "likely voter" skew towards conservatives/Republicans, whereas another pollster's definition might intentionally, or unintentionally, correlate more with Democrats. It's not as simple as the pollsters are actively seeking out more lib/Dem respondents.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    He knows that's mine too, Redress, tends to like to nit pick at the Greatness that is the Good Reverend for whatever reason.
    penis envy?

  6. #56
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    This poll is todays...from rasmussen: Daily presidential tracking poll...doesnt sound like 60% approval to me.

    The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -12

    Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

  7. #57
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ent-obama.html

    You can be such a blatant hypocrite sometimes. There are over 200+ posts of yours slamming Obama because of low poll ratings. Now all of the sudden polls are for sheep? Hahah Oh Reverend.


    Please link to 200+ posts. please by all means.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    It's not that simple. Pollsters don't actively outright pursue Democrats over Repubs, or vice versa. The difference has to do with varying definitions of "likely voters." A pollster like Rasmussen's definition of "likely voter" skew towards conservatives/Republicans, whereas another pollster's definition might intentionally, or unintentionally, correlate more with Democrats. It's not as simple as the pollsters are actively seeking out more lib/Dem respondents.
    I did not say they did it on purpose. I am saying that when you poll, if you poll too heavily to on demographic or the other, logic dictates that your results will be similarly in favor of that demographic.

  9. #59
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I believe you are smarter than that, but I will explain anyway. If you get an anomoly, such as a higher percentage of one group in your sample, than you or your peer get, perhaps the poll is innaccurate.
    If the methodology is sound, the results are what they are. That is why polls list things like "margin of error" and "sample size" and usually information on how the sample was taken. That is where an error would be, and neither you nor any one else has even looked into this.

    Perhaps it's because I don't discount that possibility, however it's not the only one, but that sure is a good reason for you to hone in on one small portion to attack me personally.
    I have not attacked you personally. Nice try.

    Wow, again, show me where I have ever denied that polls could be used for whatever position one holds. Stop lying redress, it's getting rather pathetic.
    Why would I address something totally irrelevant to the point I made. I point out that you say today polls are for sheep, but when polls go the way you want, you create threads about those polls. Your counter: that you did not say polls could not be manipulated, which does not in any way, shape or form counter what I said and is irrelevant. Then you throw in a lying claim because if I had said what you wanted me to say, then I would be lying. Unfortunately for you, I did not say that, so your lying charge fails too.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #60
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I did not say they did it on purpose. I am saying that when you poll, if you poll too heavily to on demographic or the other, logic dictates that your results will be similarly in favor of that demographic.
    I agree. I usually stick with Gallup.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •