Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

  1. #21
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    A few years back I read an article that said Texas would have the 8th largest GPD in the world if it were its own country. I'm sure things have changed since then, but I though it was interesting.
    West Coast Hippies beat you guys out:

    List of U.S. states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Texas, if it were it's own country, would rank 15th in GDP worldwide, I think.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Ok, I say carve out a portion of the US that liberals want to occupy, and cut em loose....Let's see how long that lasts before they come sniveling back.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's based in the fact that Texas is the only state that has ever actually been its own country.

    Plus, it has tons of land, oil, gas, coal, forest, a coast, the ability to grow all of its own food, and a host of military bases. And a high percentage of the U.S. military consists of Texans.

    Texas is one state that really doesn't need the rest of the country. It gives a lot more than it gets from the other 49.
    TX also has fantastic deer and hog hunting.

    .

  4. #24
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I say carve out a portion of the US that liberals want to occupy, and cut em loose....Let's see how long that lasts before they come sniveling back.


    j-mac
    Here's how that would work...

    So we divide up the country - libs on one side, conservatives on the other. Liberals invest in green energy, insure that the lowest wage-makers have access to adequate health care at an affordable price, and social freedoms are enjoyed equally by all. Women have access to safe abortions, homosexuals can get married, and all of this is secured by law. Folks can practice whatever religion they want, but ramming down people's throats is outlawed. On the down side, gun laws are stricter, but increased taxation provides better police protection. Entertainment is at an all time high, since the liberals kept Hollywood, but we graciously let NASCAR head to the conservative states. We kept all the other sports. Sorry about that.

    Conservatives, on the other hand, quickly institute mandatory religion in schools, and do away with all colleges and institutes of higher learning. Those at the top encourage those at the bottom of the wage pool to accept their lot in life, and blindly support anyone making more money than them. Most housing is unaffordable; trailers outnumber every other domicile by a ratio of 10 to 1. Guns are allowed everywhere, and it's not uncommon to see day laborers with six guns strapped to their overalls Old West style. Christianity is the state religion, with all other religions being outlawed. Atheism is punishible by death, and homosexuality carries a fine of $10,000 per day until the offender seeks therapy to cure themselves.

    Entertainment is horrible, although the conservatives seem to enjoy it. Country music and backwoods Appalachian gospel dominate the airwaves. Fashion is nonexistent, as no homosexual would dare come forth in such a police state to upgrade the 'plaid shirt and overall look'. The powers that be invest lots of money trying to make NASCAR an Olympic sport.

    Most conservatives have tried to escape to liberal land, but unfortunately the wall that they built trying to keep liberals and immigrants out also prevents escape to the other side. Someone once proposed building a ladder, but with all the higher education facilities dismantled, conservatives forgot how. Fortunately Ted Nugent has opted to return to the conservative side of the country. We'll send one with him.

  5. #25
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    TX also has fantastic deer and hog hunting.

    .
    And our own breweries/wineries (Shine, Lonestar...can't name all the wineries).
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #26
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Here's how that would work...

    So we divide up the country - libs on one side, conservatives on the other. Liberals invest in green energy, insure that the lowest wage-makers have access to adequate health care at an affordable price, and social freedoms are enjoyed equally by all. Women have access to safe abortions, homosexuals can get married, and all of this is secured by law. Folks can practice whatever religion they want, but ramming down people's throats is outlawed. On the down side, gun laws are stricter, but increased taxation provides better police protection. Entertainment is at an all time high, since the liberals kept Hollywood, but we graciously let NASCAR head to the conservative states. We kept all the other sports. Sorry about that.

    Conservatives, on the other hand, quickly institute mandatory religion in schools, and do away with all colleges and institutes of higher learning. Those at the top encourage those at the bottom of the wage pool to accept their lot in life, and blindly support anyone making more money than them. Most housing is unaffordable; trailers outnumber every other domicile by a ratio of 10 to 1. Guns are allowed everywhere, and it's not uncommon to see day laborers with six guns strapped to their overalls Old West style. Christianity is the state religion, with all other religions being outlawed. Atheism is punishible by death, and homosexuality carries a fine of $10,000 per day until the offender seeks therapy to cure themselves.

    Entertainment is horrible, although the conservatives seem to enjoy it. Country music and backwoods Appalachian gospel dominate the airwaves. Fashion is nonexistent, as no homosexual would dare come forth in such a police state to upgrade the 'plaid shirt and overall look'. The powers that be invest lots of money trying to make NASCAR an Olympic sport.

    Most conservatives have tried to escape to liberal land, but unfortunately the wall that they built trying to keep liberals and immigrants out also prevents escape to the other side. Someone once proposed building a ladder, but with all the higher education facilities dismantled, conservatives forgot how. Fortunately Ted Nugent has opted to return to the conservative side of the country. We'll send one with him.
    Then...the conservatives, who have continued their fevered production of weapons and methodical practice of warfare, suddenly see an entire country of advanced, yet defenseless, pacifistic liberals sitting just on the other side of their fence, with no means to stop the oncoming redneck juggernaut.

    Just as suddenly, all your green technology advancements are being taken and used to create more weapons against the liberals. Ultimately, the conservatives overthrow the spineless liberal government, “liberate” the people of the poor backwater liberal country and install their own brand of democratic government.

    The End
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  7. #27
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Then...the conservatives, who have continued their fevered production of weapons and methodical practice of warfare, suddenly see an entire country of advanced, yet defenseless, pacifistic liberals sitting just on the other side of their fence, with no means to stop the oncoming redneck juggernaut.

    Just as suddenly, all your green technology advancements are being taken and used to create more weapons against the liberals. Ultimately, the conservatives overthrow the spineless liberal government, “liberate” the people of the poor backwater liberal country and install their own brand of democratic government.

    The End
    How do you create "advanced weaponry" with "green technology"? The Prius only does about 65 mph. I guess the muzzle velocity of a "green tech" gun would be like 5 meters/sec.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #28
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Then...the conservatives, who have continued their fevered production of weapons and methodical practice of warfare, suddenly see an entire country of advanced, yet defenseless, pacifistic liberals sitting just on the other side of their fence, with no means to stop the oncoming redneck juggernaut.

    Just as suddenly, all your green technology advancements are being taken and used to create more weapons against the liberals. Ultimately, the conservatives overthrow the spineless liberal government, “liberate” the people of the poor backwater liberal country and install their own brand of democratic government.

    The End
    In that case, we'd simply send Ted Nugent back with no ladders.

    But hey, enjoy your NASCAR and Appalachian gospel music.

  9. #29
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's based in the fact that Texas is the only state that has ever actually been its own country.
    Actually, for the record, depending on how you look at it, it is one of THREE... and technically, one of SIXTEEN....
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Then...the conservatives, who have continued their fevered production of weapons and methodical practice of warfare, suddenly see an entire country of advanced, yet defenseless, pacifistic liberals sitting just on the other side of their fence, with no means to stop the oncoming redneck juggernaut.

    Just as suddenly, all your green technology advancements are being taken and used to create more weapons against the liberals. Ultimately, the conservatives overthrow the spineless liberal government, “liberate” the people of the poor backwater liberal country and install their own brand of democratic government.

    The End
    Actually, the rapidly deteriorating education system in Teapartia would mean the conservative nation would be unable to maintain, much less improve their military technology. Regressing back to a pre-industrial level of technology, Teapartia's army crosses the borders armed with muskets. Liberal-stan, meanwhile, undergoes a scientific revolution once the stagnation of religion is removed from the picture. The Border Defense Paralyzer Turrets activate and disable invading army. All are captured and given a fair trial of their peers and sentenced to imprisonment until rehabilitated. The humane treatment and psychiatric treatment received allows them to leave prison as well-adjusted contributors to society instead of continuing the cycle of poverty and violence.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •