Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 465

Thread: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

  1. #291
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Um>..........< There are idiots like that on the right side as well Turtle lets just say I'm not like that idiotic woman. I understand the need for guns but I also think that their should be some controls on it. Like they should have a test and at least know not to do this type of idiotic move.

    In the first video the "kid" is obviously under 21 and should not have the weapon and is committing a felony by handling it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    And apparently a small gun was shot in this one.

    Ummm... That is an airsoft gun. It shoots a 6mm plastic bb that is used in a game much like paintball.

    Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #292
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    I'll have to disagree with the governor on this because as a college student myself I don't feel any safer than I was before when I WAS on campus in fact I know feel less save because now you don't know when you'll get shot by an stupid college kid welding a gun or that went "accidentally went off in the holster."


    Turtle is wrong again! My Aunt and I work with criminals so does
    My dad in fact is a fire Marshall and is a police officer and in fact they both don't carry their guns all the time.. Only when they think its necessary like for example when someone called my home saying "he found my cellphone" after I had forgotten my purse at the water burger near Galveston, Texas they stole the items in question from my purse idiotically thought they could rob him and me again but lets just say my daddy took care of the person who stole from his little girl. I love my dad ^^.
    How am i wrong just because of some silly story about one person? when your dad retires is he going to be gun free

    and I never said anything about carrying



  3. #293
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    speaking of youtube

    lets disarm DEA TFOs




  4. #294
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Someone should have told Jared Lee Loughner that.
    Other than your belief that he is a nut job do you have any actual evidence? Hear say by people with no mental health expertise or education is not evidence.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Um>..........< There are idiots like that on the right side as well Turtle lets just say I'm not like that idiotic woman. I understand the need for guns but I also think that their should be some controls on it. Like they should have a test and at least know not to do this type of idiotic move.
    Because -some- people are stupid, everyone's rights should be curtailed?
    That's your argument?
    You sure?
    Because, you know, it can be applied elsewhere pretty easily, and once you agree to the premise, there's no going back...

  6. #296
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    ...a discussion in which you threw out a completely idiotic, and easily refuted claim. You should expect to be called on it.
    I stand by 100% on what I posted and keep training

  7. #297
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I stand by 100% on what I posted and keep training
    but you were absolutely wrong



  8. #298
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I stand by 100% on what I posted and keep training
    Then, by all means, please speak to the story I told about my gun accident. Would you consider that to be a major accident?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  9. #299
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Then, by all means, please speak to the story I told about my gun accident. Would you consider that to be a major accident?
    by far the most common injuries caused by firing a weapon is improper grip on the gun

    from people who bruise their shoulder by not properly holding a shotgun to people who get abraded by the slide on their semi auto pistol creasing the top of their hand or smacking a finger, firing ranges are witness to such injuries on a daily basis



  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    by far the most common injuries caused by firing a weapon is improper grip on the gun

    from people who bruise their shoulder by not properly holding a shotgun to people who get abraded by the slide on their semi auto pistol creasing the top of their hand or smacking a finger, firing ranges are witness to such injuries on a daily basis
    I received a bloody nose once while firing a gun - stout loads from a S&W 629; the concussion popped a vessel.
    Does that count?

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •