Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 221

Thread: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It is already in existence. Solzhenitsyn's writings explain the system, its deep deficits, and the inherent decay.

    .
    No, it isn't. You buying silliness doesn't make it true. There is no communist health care system here. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes. You could also have private insurance. And doctors would not be working for the government either.
    ok, then what makes it a single payer system then if there are still these avenues.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #53
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    ok, then what makes it a single payer system then if there are still these avenues.


    j-mac
    Everyone has adequate care. The government pays for a minimal level of care, allowing reasonable health care for all. I've asked others to examine single payer system closer so they would know there are options and differences between them. Many a docter favors such systems. And they are largely less expensive than what we're doing now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The government pays for a minimal level of care, allowing reasonable health care for all.
    LOL!

    you don't know what you're talking about

    what an idiot

    obama, i mean

  5. #55
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Everyone has adequate care. The government pays for a minimal level of care, allowing reasonable health care for all. I've asked others to examine single payer system closer so they would know there are options and differences between them. Many a docter favors such systems. And they are largely less expensive than what we're doing now.
    Ok, on this minimal level of care, are you talking what clinic type visits for everyday doctors visits? And of those people that can't afford the premium that everyone will have to pay regardless of whether or not you chose to use the government system, how many of them will pay for their own? Or will I have to pay for mine, and theirs?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #56
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, on this minimal level of care, are you talking what clinic type visits for everyday doctors visits? And of those people that can't afford the premium that everyone will have to pay regardless of whether or not you chose to use the government system, how many of them will pay for their own? Or will I have to pay for mine, and theirs?

    j-mac
    Certianly doctor visits would be included, but needed emergent and hospital care would also be included. Elective stuff not so much.

    All would have this covered and paid for by our taxes. If you want more, you pay more. And this would come out of your pocket. If you're happy with the minimal, you don't need to pay for more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    the minimal...

    LOL!

    in a discussion of health care plans

    what an idiot

    obama, i mean

  8. #58
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Certianly doctor visits would be included, but needed emergent and hospital care would also be included. Elective stuff not so much.

    All would have this covered and paid for by our taxes. If you want more, you pay more. And this would come out of your pocket. If you're happy with the minimal, you don't need to pay for more.
    Ok, so much like the public school system, if I want my child to go to a private school, then I not only pay my tax for the public infrastructure, but have to pay for private school as well.

    Tell me though, why should I have to pay for someone elses health care?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #59
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so much like the public school system, if I want my child to go to a private school, then I not only pay my tax for the public infrastructure, but have to pay for private school as well.

    Tell me though, why should I have to pay for someone elses health care?

    j-mac
    Can be doesn't ahve to be. You don't have to pay for the same coverage twice. Instead, and it is what i would do, I would pay for where the government system left off. It would be kind of silly to double pay.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    you don't know what you're talking about

    what an idiot

    obama, i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the minimal...

    LOL!

    in a discussion of health care plans

    what an idiot

    obama, i mean
    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama administration fights to save healthcare lawYou need to stop this or you will receive further consequences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •