Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 221

Thread: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    You realize he already answered your question, right?
    Appearently not. If he had I wouldn't be asking. He said this is normal to allow Business time to adjust to the law, I understand that, but my question is that if this law was to do what Obama said it would in lowering the cost for these businesses, then why would you need time to adjust? Adjust to what? Increasing profit?

    See that is just one area where they are lying to you.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If this law is everything liberals say it is, and that it should go further, then why are businesses, and unions opting for waivers in the first place?


    j-mac
    Because they need more time to search for plans that would qualify under the law.

    Lets say they passed a law getting rid of public schools and going with a voucher program to get your kid into a private school. You would probably be in favor of that as a conservative or atleast some conservatives might. Would you think it's a good idea to give people ample time to make the necessary changes and to look for new schools before you just completely shut down the public schools?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Appearently not. If he had I wouldn't be asking. He said this is normal to allow Business time to adjust to the law, I understand that, but my question is that if this law was to do what Obama said it would in lowering the cost for these businesses, then why would you need time to adjust? Adjust to what? Increasing profit?

    See that is just one area where they are lying to you.

    j-mac
    Abrubt changes, even for the better, are often to chaotic. Believe me, it it was done quickly, he would be criticised for that as well. It is not uncommon for change to come in stages, to be done over time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #14
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Appearently not. If he had I wouldn't be asking. He said this is normal to allow Business time to adjust to the law, I understand that, but my question is that if this law was to do what Obama said it would in lowering the cost for these businesses, then why would you need time to adjust? Adjust to what? Increasing profit?

    See that is just one area where they are lying to you.

    j-mac
    Where did anyone claim that the healthcare bill would instantly save businesses lots of money? Maybe someone argued that it would reduce how much healthcare costs rise over time but I haven't heard anyone claim that it would save businesses lots of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  5. #15
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Anyone opposing AffordableCare is either a stooge for the plutocrats or a dupe. We need this law. It is the only way America can prosper. Without it, American companies will continue to export jobs and that means economic devastation for all Americans.
    There are plenty of other procedures that could have been taken to help eliminate excessive costs of health care, what we are stuck with today is merely an insurance reform, not health care.
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Where did anyone claim that the healthcare bill would instantly save businesses lots of money? Maybe someone argued that it would reduce how much healthcare costs rise over time but I haven't heard anyone claim that it would save businesses lots of money.

    Looks like even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and say over time, as you say that isn't true either....

    (CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama claims his budget plan will achieve “well over $1 trillion” in savings by building on the cost savings found in his signature health care law. There is “little evidence,” however, that the so-called health care reforms will ever save any money, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

    “Building on the Affordable Care Act, the President is proposing additional reforms to Medicare and Medicaid designed to strengthen these critical programs by reducing waste, increasing accountability, promoting efficiency, and improving the quality of care,” Obama’s budget blueprint says, without offering any specifics.

    “Over the subsequent decade, the President’s proposal will save well over $1 trillion by further bending the cost curve, doubling the savings from the Affordable Care Act.”

    However, CBO already has reviewed provisions in the Affordable Care Act that purport to bring down health care spending – what Obama calls “bending the cost curve” – and found little evidence they will bear fruit.

    ‘Little Evidence’ to Back-Up Obama’s Cost-Savings Claims | CNSnews.com

    Awwwww....Too bad. maybe its time to strong arm Elmendorf some more....Sounds like he is straying from the reservation again....


    hahahahaha!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Looks like even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and say over time, as you say that isn't true either....




    Awwwww....Too bad. maybe its time to strong arm Elmendorf some more....Sounds like he is straying from the reservation again....


    hahahahaha!


    j-mac
    Where in that article did Obama say that this bill would save businesses lots of money? That's talking about the countries deficit, not a business. They are two different things J-Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #18
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Appearently not. If he had I wouldn't be asking. He said this is normal to allow Business time to adjust to the law, I understand that, but my question is that if this law was to do what Obama said it would in lowering the cost for these businesses, then why would you need time to adjust? Adjust to what? Increasing profit?

    See that is just one area where they are lying to you.

    j-mac
    Many HR systems are built into pretty complex software, which often can be outsourced. Trust me, I am in the industry, outsourced stuff is a nightmare to change.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 05-10-11 at 01:03 PM.

  9. #19
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,517
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Noone is able to "get out" of the law. They are only able to postpone having to follow it for a short time. It was smart of the Obama admin to have this waiver process for anyone that needs more time to comply. It's a common process with many laws. At the end of the day it will apply to unions also so i don't know why any honest person would complain that it favors unions when there are businesses that are receiving the exact same waiver.
    What would be smart is to get government out of the healthkare business. We have a Communist System with Communist results.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 05-10-11 at 01:06 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post
    There are plenty of other procedures that could have been taken to help eliminate excessive costs of health care, what we are stuck with today is merely an insurance reform, not health care.
    I would agree more could have been done. Frankly, a two tiered single payer system would have been better. Much, much better. The public option was better, though not as good as the two tiered single payer system. But better. The only worse than this reform would have been to have done nothing, which is really what those opposing in congress largely wanted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •