Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 221

Thread: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

  1. #181
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    do you even read what you write?

    you are basically saying redistributing a differnt way is ok..

    and who are these "poor people" you speak of?
    Liberals try to ride that picture of people who through no fault of thier own need to be taken care of, by those of us who can...

    were all humans kid, not just liberals.... of course we extend that thought.. how dare you imply otherwise

    do you honestly think these "poor peple" (violins playing) are the only ones that are going to hop on this ship of fools?

    you have to think before you act when you spend other peoples money, is that too much to ask.

    seriously, think man, its good for you
    It covers a wide variety of people who have need. Just as a fire dpeartment serves the community, often paid for with taxes, and still nto considered socialism or any such silliness, using resources to deal with public health is not all that different. Medicine is not like buying a car or any widget.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #182
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Obamacare is and will be a disaster if it ever passes in totality, I happen to think it wont, but for the sake of argument lets say it does.

    My employer realizes its cheaper to drop me and toss me into the pool... which they will, en masse.
    You will evntually and in short order have a healthcare system that cant support itself with the current monies allocated for it.
    where do we go from there? higher taxes, less care?

    Those of us opposing this monstrosity of a mess, simply want to know what if...
    And in its best presentation , you, nor anyone that supports it has yet to tell me how its going to help me.....

    ITS MY MONEY< TELL ME

  3. #183
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Obamacare is and will be a disaster if it ever passes in totality, I happen to think it wont, but for the sake of argument lets say it does.

    My employer realizes its cheaper to drop me and toss me into the pool... which they will, en masse.
    You will evntually and in short order have a healthcare system that cant support itself with the current monies allocated for it.
    where do we go from there? higher taxes, less care?

    Those of us opposing this monstrosity of a mess, simply want to know what if...
    And in its best presentation , you, nor anyone that supports it has yet to tell me how its going to help me.....

    ITS MY MONEY< TELL ME
    Employers have been dropping folks for years, just knowing Obama would do this even before he consider running. Your hyperbolic fear aside, most of the problems you and others fear describe exactly what has been happening. And yet, you've been fine with it happening.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #184
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    do you even read what you write?
    No, I smash my keyboard and hope it spells something.
    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    you are basically saying redistributing a differnt way is ok..
    Nope. No, I'm not. I'm saying that what the guy said is accurate. Our current system redistributes and any system that we go to will have to distribute except for the one that I described. It's not hard to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    and who are these "poor people" you speak of?
    Do I need to get you a list of all people below the poverty line?
    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Liberals try to ride that picture of people who through no fault of thier own need to be taken care of, by those of us who can...
    I stated a fact. Right now, in our country, our system allows people without healh insurance or anything for the hospital to sue them for to go the hospital for emergency conditions, get expensive treatment and then leave and not pay the bill. Do you deny this? I'm simply saying that the only method that does no redistributing is the one I described in my last post. I didn't say that that's what conservatives wanted, I said that that's the only one that doesn't redistribute wealth.

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    were all humans kid, not just liberals.... of course we extend that thought.. how dare you imply otherwise
    I didn't imply ****. Just cause you can't understand the words I'm typing doesn't grant you the privilege to talk down to this "kid". Go act offended elsewhere cause I have no problem wiping my ass with your outrage at something that you obviously didn't even understand as you were reading it.

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    do you honestly think these "poor peple" (violins playing) are the only ones that are going to hop on this ship of fools?

    you have to think before you act when you spend other peoples money, is that too much to ask.

    seriously, think man, its good for you
    I didn't advocate spending any body else's money. When I go to the hospital, my insurance company pays a large amount and some of that goes towards covering what other people couldn't afford to pay because they went to the hospital for treatment without any means of paying. That's all I said. Either you are in favor of redistributing of the wealth or you are in favor of not allowing those who can't afford it to go to the hospital regardless of how sick they are. If you don't comprehend that then it's not my problem.
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 05-19-11 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I didn't advocate spending any body else's money. When I go to the hospital, my insurance company pays a large amount and some of that goes towards covering what other people couldn't afford to pay because they went to the hospital for treatment without any means of paying. That's all I said. Either you are in favor of redistributing of the wealth or you are in favor of not allowing those who can't afford it to go to the hospital regardless of how sick they are. If you don't comprehend that then it's not my problem.
    This is important. Anyone suggesting that we don't pay for others with our money MUST deal with this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    LOL!

    it's NOT redistribution

    except that it IS

    meanwhile, reid and pelosi and weiner want OUT

    obamacare's a pig

    sorry

  7. #187
    User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    08-22-11 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    32

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    The individual mandate stands no chance in the supreme court, which leaves me to wonder how Obamacare will eventually be implemented.

  8. #188
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This corrupt piece of legislative dung should be flushed.

    How many "exemptions" we at now? And how many unions...?

    .
    This is the part I agree is wrong, but not necessarily unconstitutional because we have a slew of other simular mandatory pay laws, like smogging your car. That flaw in the NHC was because legislatures wanted the insurance in private hands, instead of government hands where it could have been taxed, which is legal. If you make the medical care national government, you end all the arguments against it.
    One Tin Soldier Walked Away..................

  9. #189
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespade View Post
    The individual mandate stands no chance in the supreme court, which leaves me to wonder how Obamacare will eventually be implemented.
    Hmm, try taxation.
    One Tin Soldier Walked Away..................

  10. #190
    User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    08-22-11 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    32

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    Hmm, try taxation.
    Coming from Obama's mouth, it wasn't a tax. Weird.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •