Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 221

Thread: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

  1. #101
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I believe the actual quotation is 'lies... damned lies... and statistics'.
    You are correct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    it would likely lead to more care approved than you have now with your insurance company
    LOL!

    you don't know what you're talking about

  3. #103
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually it doesn't. I linked earlier that the language specifically forbids them from doing that. Like all insurance comapnies it is set to examine effective treatment versus ineffective treatment. This is not about denying care, but making sure you pay for care that works. Your insurance company does that and more. Much more. So, it is plainly dishonest to call this a death panel. In fact, as shown repeatedly, it would likely lead to more care approved than you have now with your insurance company.



    Yeah ok....We'll see.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #104
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post



    Yeah ok....We'll see.

    j-mac
    What does London have to do with the specific language? We do not have the British system. Though many on your side selectively choose clips and information. But the point is, we don't have that system even proposed let alone implimented.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Joe, God love ya! You're just plain wrong on this. Listen, this HC debate and law was crafted, pushed, and voted in the middle of the night completely by a demo majority in all three branches. The GOP was powerless to do ANYTHING to stop, change, or move it in any way. That was clear enough by how the GOP was locked out of the closed door meetings on the plan. So you can try and spin it all you want, but the truth is that all the GOP could do was cause noise.



    Well, it is true that the people today seem to want to vote themselves riches from the Treasury, to wit is a deathnell to the republic. But we don't have the leadership now to show a different course. Most of these entitlements were enacted by demo politicans, and bleeding hearts decades ago, now you are seeing that you reep what you have sown.

    j-mac
    That's what the GOP want you to believe because that's what happened under Clinton's tenure when his administration wrote "HillaryCare". But drafting the PPACA didn't start out that way. Both the House and Senate formed separate committees to draft and review health care proposals. It wasn't until changes to the House bill insisted on by House Republicans who then turned around and voted against every change even when some where their ideas did House Democrats start doing things on their own. And when Senate Republicans followed House Republican's lead and became obstructionis did Senate Democrats start to get creative on how to "deem and pass" health care legislation.

    For Republicans, it was a rehash of old "misinform, misdirect" tactics borne out of the 1920s, '60s and '90's. For Democrats, it was "try to make a concensus if you can; but if you can't, go it alone".

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We do not have the British system.
    thank goodness, because THAT single payer is "devastating and cruel"

    or so says the bbc

    still obama selected as his health care czar one donald berwick, an open proponent of "devastating and cruel" nhs

    and an outspoken advocate of single payer's concommitant---RATIONING

    President Obama to Make Recess Appointment of CMS Administrator - Political Punch

    appointing berwick was really dumb

    Though many on your side selectively choose clips and information
    says the person who links to whitehouse.gov, comedy central and SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

    LOL!
    Last edited by The Prof; 05-11-11 at 07:27 PM.

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    For Democrats, it was "try to make a concensus if you can; but if you can't, go it alone".
    well, they sure are alone

    no one unequivocally will defend this pig

    the slasher, in his most recent sotu, prioritized RACE TO THE TOP above the ahab-like obsession of his first 2 years

    he didn't bring it up for a half hour, he then devoted seven piddly sentences to his signature issue, four of em negative

    Now, I have heard rumors that a few of you still have concerns about our new health care law. So let me be the first to say that anything can be improved. If you have ideas about how to improve this law by making care better or more affordable, I am eager to work with you. We can start right now by correcting a flaw in the legislation that has placed an unnecessary bookkeeping burden on small businesses.

    What I'm not willing to do -- what I'm not willing to do is go back to the days when insurance companies could deny someone coverage because of a preexisting condition.

    I'm not willing to tell James Howard, a brain cancer patient from Texas, that his treatment might not be covered. I'm not willing to tell Jim Houser, a small business man from Oregon, that he has to go back to paying $5,000 more to cover his employees. As we speak, this law is making prescription drugs cheaper for seniors and giving uninsured students a chance to stay on their patients' -- parents' coverage.

    So I say to this chamber tonight, instead of re-fighting the battles of the last two years, let's fix what needs fixing and let's move forward.
    Obama State Of The Union Speech 2011: FULL TEXT & VIDEO

    fix what needs fixing?

    you just radically redrew one sixth of the united states economy via senate reconciliation, you dummy, and it already needs fixing?

    astonishingly incompetent

    no, ZERO republicans voted for obamacare in congress for a reason

    and they were returned and reinforced in record numbers last november by america's moms and dads for the same

    vote obama, 2012?

    obamacare is a republican idea?

    good luck with all that

  8. #108
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,424
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    First off, to Zimmer:

    If you're going to use someone else's commentary to support your argument, I think it only fair and wise that you USE THE ENTIRE QUOTE so that people can fully understand the context of your argument. Towit, I'm referring to your post #22:
    I stand by what and how Friedman was quoted.

    If you read anything from what Friedman had written about the US system before ObamaKare he called it a Communist system, and the root cause was government intrusion. As usual. But of course he would reverse his sentiments today because ObamaKare corrects all these negative intrusions... ROTFLOL.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #109
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    That's what the GOP want you to believe because that's what happened under Clinton's tenure when his administration wrote "HillaryCare". But drafting the PPACA didn't start out that way. Both the House and Senate formed separate committees to draft and review health care proposals. It wasn't until changes to the House bill insisted on by House Republicans who then turned around and voted against every change even when some where their ideas did House Democrats start doing things on their own. And when Senate Republicans followed House Republican's lead and became obstructionis did Senate Democrats start to get creative on how to "deem and pass" health care legislation.

    For Republicans, it was a rehash of old "misinform, misdirect" tactics borne out of the 1920s, '60s and '90's. For Democrats, it was "try to make a concensus if you can; but if you can't, go it alone".
    funny you call yourself "objective"..

    What the Dems did to shove Obamacare through bordered criminal.
    Massachusetts of all places personally sent Scott Brown to halt the "shove it through" process so that we could at least get an explanation of what was IN it, never mind its likely impact. And the Dems bypassed the legal process in plain sight of us all...dont hide from that.

    Obamacare wont fix anything, will cost trillions on the backs of those of us whom will continue to be raped by high premiums, and further divide the 'classes'...

    its Welfare for healthcare, and dont try and argue that, its just silly

  10. #110
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    What the Dems did to shove Obamacare through bordered criminal.
    Massachusetts of all places personally sent Scott Brown to halt the "shove it through" process so that we could at least get an explanation of what was IN it, never mind its likely impact. And the Dems bypassed the legal process in plain sight of us all...dont hide from that.
    Shoved it through? The healthcare bill went through all the normal measures and was in the spotlight for a year. There aren't any secrets in it. They passed it with the 60 votes they needed to break the filibuster. You can criticize the bill of course but if you want to say it was shoved down our throats through illegal processes then you're just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •