Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 221

Thread: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

  1. #91
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Obama's problem with this is that he started, and pushed the debate on a premise of not blaming, not demonizing, and talking through ideas from both sides. Since the beginning he, and his administration, has demonized, blamed, rejected ideas from across the isle, and is now through his administration is using scare tactics to obfuscate the obvious in that American's don't want this plan, don't like this plan, and want to start over and fix this constitutionally, not through heavy handed dictatorship of this plan.

    j-mac
    That's not true on any level. The reason why we got stuck with the poor Republican idea of requiring people to purchase insurance is because Obama was bending over trying to compromise with the Republicans by implementing their ideas. We should have simply stuck to our guns and pushed the public option which was a much much much better idea. The overwhelming majority of Americans want healthcare reform and the vast majority of Americans supported the public option. The problem was...a handful of bluedog democrats and the Republicans, which sides with the insurance companies....wouldn't support it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #92
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hey, tell that to your hero Obama, he just recently sent Sebeilus to Capital hill to testify that repubs want to kill seniors with their HC proposal in their budget proposal.

    Scare tactic, demonization, and pure misinformation.....Now what?

    j-mac
    I've never claimed the politics of fear is limited to only one side. both sides use it because it works. My complaint is with us for allowing it to. You won't see me defending this comment, but I can show you folks, maybe even you (I'd have to look) defending the death panel and socialist nonsense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #93
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've never claimed the politics of fear is limited to only one side. both sides use it because it works. My complaint is with us for allowing it to. You won't see me defending this comment, but I can show you folks, maybe even you (I'd have to look) defending the death panel and socialist nonsense.

    Explain to me what the panel enacted in the stimilus package that oversees treatment costs, and has the power to deny treatment is then?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #94
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's not true on any level. The reason why we got stuck with the poor Republican idea of requiring people to purchase insurance is because Obama was bending over trying to compromise with the Republicans by implementing their ideas. We should have simply stuck to our guns and pushed the public option which was a much much much better idea. The overwhelming majority of Americans want healthcare reform and the vast majority of Americans supported the public option. The problem was...a handful of bluedog democrats and the Republicans, which sides with the insurance companies....wouldn't support it.
    Yes, it was so popular that they had to vote it in on a party line vote at 11:58 pm Christmas eve....Uh huh....pfft.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #95
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Explain to me what the panel enacted in the stimilus package that oversees treatment costs, and has the power to deny treatment is then?

    j-mac
    Actually it doesn't. I linked earlier that the language specifically forbids them from doing that. Like all insurance comapnies it is set to examine effective treatment versus ineffective treatment. This is not about denying care, but making sure you pay for care that works. Your insurance company does that and more. Much more. So, it is plainly dishonest to call this a death panel. In fact, as shown repeatedly, it would likely lead to more care approved than you have now with your insurance company.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Any kind of change in this area requires both sides actually try
    LOL!

    how do you spell d-e-e-m?

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As many want the government to do more as want less
    LOL!

    that must be why the electorate so richly rewarded the party of no on tsunami tuesday---most house seats since 1938, most state reps and leg's in history, 10 gubs, 6 senators...

    sure, republicans were sent to washington (and madison and richmond and albany, etc) in record numbers cuz americans want govt to do MORE

    how outta touch can a 60 second submitter be
    Last edited by The Prof; 05-11-11 at 02:54 PM.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    BTW Zimmer - on that WHO list, we rank 37...
    that would be the list from over 10 years ago? The list they stopped trying to create a decade ago because it was too innacurate and time consuming to come up with? That list?

    FAIL

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    a handful of bluedog democrats and the Republicans, which sides with the insurance companies....wouldn't support it.
    with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about

    Update: List of Dem Senators Who Don't Support the Public Option | CarlBentham's Blog

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama administration fights to save healthcare law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac
    Who was it that said there are two liars in society, liars, and damned statistics.


    j-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Mark Twain. And he's correct. Those who read the satistics to say the public wants the goverment to do less are lying (I say lying because they know what we all know). There's a a fairly even split. As many want the government to do more as want less.
    I believe the actual quotation is 'lies... damned lies... and statistics'.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •