Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 152

Thread: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    So typical for you, you did not comprehend much of anything so you decided to say something unintelligent and derisive.

    I haven't judged whether they are guilty or not. By your use of the term "victim", however, you HAVE prejudged, and all without any evidence. Until the case is investigated, we do not know whether it was their behavior that drew the response of the captain or their looks. If it was just their looks, then they are innocent, but the article does not mention what the pilot might have seen by way of behavior.
    Until there is evidence of some sort of wrongdoing on their part, they are the victim.

    I never claimed you had judged them. This is a straw man and dishonest on your part. I said you tried to create some doubt by bringing up actions of others entirely unrelated to this based on no evidence and that your comments where lacking in class. Honesty in debate is good.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #122
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No, they should respect the feelings of those Americans who are nervous just that they're flying -- and more nervous when they see two Muslims board a plane in full regalia at this particular time. And I'm betting they're helluva lot smarter than you are -- that they understood what happened and hold no malice. They haven't yet gotten into the American Mindset of "Who Can I Sue??"
    And as your comment show, you again want people to change due to other people's emotional reactions. This is America, a country built on concepts of rights. Stop trying to take away people's rights because other people react irrationally.

    Inherently vile? Hyperbole much? Tolerance runs both ways, yes? Or maybe not on Redress's road...
    Wait. Who's rights where potentially infringed here? Is there an inherent right to remove people from a plane because they make mindless people nervous?

    Edit: No Fly Zone for Two Muslim Leaders | Gather

    After seeing their picture, I can't agree with the pilot. The second screening should have been enough, if even necessary. I doubt the pilot will be fired -- I believe work rules let him put anyone off the plane. Hope they got a free flight and a voucher. It'd be interesting to know if the passengers were concerned -- or if the concern was all that of the captain and/or crew. We live in straaaaange times...

    private invesigations: Two imams removed from flight to North Carolina after pilot refused to fly with them on board
    And this is very true, and I would add sad times. Irrational fear of others based on a lack of evidence is just sad.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #123
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Until there is evidence of some sort of wrongdoing on their part, they are the victim.

    I never claimed you had judged them. This is a straw man and dishonest on your part. I said you tried to create some doubt by bringing up actions of others entirely unrelated to this based on no evidence and that your comments where lacking in class. Honesty in debate is good.
    Or maybe, just maybe, Gardener was bringing up another similar incident for comparison's sake. I didn't see where he claimed those were the same imams involved here. Good to know that claiming strawmen and dishonesty is just SOP for you when dealing with anyone who happens to hold a different opinion than you.
    Last edited by X Factor; 05-08-11 at 03:16 PM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No, they should respect the feelings of those Americans who are nervous just that they're flying -- and more nervous when they see two Muslims board a plane in full regalia at this particular time.
    Respect works both ways. The people should have respected the Muslims and their religious garb as well.

    How were the Muslims disrespecting anyone by wearing THEIR religious garb? Or is freedom of religion just for Christians?

  5. #125
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Respect works both ways. The people should have respected the Muslims and their religious garb as well.

    How were the Muslims disrespecting anyone by wearing THEIR religious garb? Or is freedom of religion just for Christians?
    Now this is a straw man argument. Doubt anyone will have any problem with it, so long as it comes from the left side of the aisle.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #126
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, Gardener was bringing up another similar incident for comparison's sake. I didn't see where he claimed those were the same imams involved here. Good to know that claiming strawmen and dishonesty is just SOP for when dealing with anyone who happens to hold a different opinion than you.
    With no evidence that in fact this was some stunt, bringing up those who did such a stunt is not attempting to make a sound comparison. It is attempting to create doubt about some one who, to the best of our knowledge, did no wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Now this is a straw man argument. Doubt anyone will have any problem with it, so long as it comes from the left side of the aisle.
    When in doubt, play the partisan card.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #128
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Shame on people who assume there is no way that the pilots, stewards or anyone involved had any possible reason to be concerned.
    What reason for concert do you get from the article written?
    They went through what 3 damn security checks and found nothing!


  9. #129
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    With no evidence that in fact this was some stunt, bringing up those who did such a stunt is not attempting to make a sound comparison. It is attempting to create doubt about some one who, to the best of our knowledge, did no wrong.
    Right! "To the best of our knowledge", that's why Gardener brought that up, we don't know what their actions were but yet you assumed wrong-doing on the part of the pilot. I could get all hyperbolic and hysterical too, and say what about the pilot's right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty? I'm curious though, if the imam's had acted the way Gardener described, would yor position change at all? I doubt it, so what's the problem?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #130
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    When in doubt, play the partisan card.
    And yet, I was correct, you didn't even notice the straw man argument did you?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •