Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 209

Thread: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

  1. #151
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    My link ????
    sorry, not yours. you did say your information was in line with conservative's though, and conservative's information DOES NOT state that all funds have been paid back, because they have not. we are realizing a profit because banks and other entities are paying us interest.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #152
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you posted that my claims were refuted. they were not, and you also posted i ran away. i did not. juvenile posturing on your part to then come back and change the questions.
    My apology for claiming that you would run away, glad to see you still here now how about responding to my link that shows a profit to the taxpayers and then telling me where the money went since the deficit continues to rise after those repayments?

  3. #153
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    sorry, not yours. you did say your information was in line with conservative's though, and conservative's information DOES NOT state that all funds have been paid back, because they have not. we are realizing a profit because banks and other entities are paying us interest.
    My link showed that the taxpayers would get a profit on the repayment of TARP funds, where did that money go?

  4. #154
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My apology for claiming that you would run away, glad to see you still here now how about responding to my link that shows a profit to the taxpayers and then telling me where the money went since the deficit continues to rise after those repayments?
    that's just silly. can YOU tell me where my tax dollars went? spent, of course. i didn't realize there was a separate pool of repaid tarp dollars to be spent for a specific purpose. care to explain how that works?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #155
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    that's just silly. can YOU tell me where my tax dollars went? spent, of course. i didn't realize there was a separate pool of repaid tarp dollars to be spent for a specific purpose. care to explain how that works?
    There shouldn't be a separate pool and that is the point, why hasn't the TARP repayment been used to lower the deficit? Money was spent in 2008 and here were are in 2011, where did the repayment go?

  6. #156
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There shouldn't be a separate pool and that is the point, why hasn't the TARP repayment been used to lower the deficit? Money was spent in 2008 and here were are in 2011, where did the repayment go?
    really coservative, how simple can you be? if the tarp dollars are being spent on what we need to spend, they are being used to lower the deficit. silly. what do you think they're doing, stealing it?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #157
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    really coservative, how simple can you be? if the tarp dollars are being spent on what we need to spend, they are being used to lower the deficit. silly. what do you think they're doing, stealing it?
    They are being used by Obama to support his spending programs and not being used to repay the loans from the taxpayers thus the deficit isn't being reduced and the deficit is worse than it should be.

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The fact remains, Obama has spent over a trillion dollars and we have more unemployed today than when Obama took office and over 2.6 million fewer employed today than in January 2009. That isn't pretty good under any circumstances. The current debt today is 14.3 trillion or up 3.5 trillion in a little over two years and these are the results we get?
    Must we rehash the same tired argument in every thread you come across?

    Our national economy lost BILLIONS when the housing bubble burst. Corperate American could NOT pay its way out of ITS debt not only to its shareholders but to investors or the U.S. Treasury (federal loan guarantees). The ONLY entity with the financial clout to bail out the banks (and assist the auto industry) was the U.S. Treasury itself. No matter how many times I or others tell you this or provide you the evidence, you still refuse to believe that Pres. Obama came into office with THE LARGEST DEBT AND DEFICIT OF ANY PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY! But you want to run him out of office on a rail for what? Executing TARP - a program enacted by his predecessor - in a far better fashion than was originally outlined? Trying to get financial support (Stimulus) to the States (which many Governors say they'd have gone bankrupt long ago without) that Conservatives claim are soverign but are still coming to the Treasury with their collective hands out-stretched?

    You really should come down out of those anti-Obama/hardline Conservative clouds and try seeing our nation's economic problems for what they really are. Pres. Obama didn't create this mess! It's been long in the making since the Reagan era only many of you on the Right refuse to accept it. Instead, you defend the enourmous defense spending under every Republican President since Reagan only because our Constitution calls for "providing for the common defense" of the nation. Nevermind that both Reagan and both Bushs run up large deficits primarily via defense spending, none of which was paid for! And you claim that Obama is spending money from the Treasury as if it were his own personal printing press. Yet, you ignore THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT REAGAN, GH AND GW BUSH ALL DID!!! They cared nothing about running up deficits, but you want to condemn Obama for doing so to HELP lift this country out of debt, but you won't say a damned thing about the debts THREE REPUBLIC PRESIDENT ran up.

    You're a hypocrit - a partisan hack of the highest degree. I have no time to waste on folks who refuse to see reason because they refuse to take off their partisan blinders.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They are being used by Obama to support his spending programs and not being used to repay the loans from the taxpayers thus the deficit isn't being reduced and the deficit is worse than it should be.
    And yet you keep asking, "Where'd the money that was repaid from TARP loans go?" You've said several times that the Treasury hasn't "accounted" for the repayments; it's not on the books so you claim. Yet, you come right back and claim that the Obama Administration is "reallocating" the money to spending (social) programs. Do us all a favor and provide the proof then you have my full, undivided attention. Until then, you're just blowing smoke.

    Do the members of this forum a favor and change the channel to your partisan hatred for a change. Your old song and dance routine has gotten very old.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What the hell just a few billion more in losses.
    not quite.

    In post #124

    I ask you this question
    “Did your partisan blinders fail to see the three and a half years between the Gov. loan and the payoff and profit?”
    This was your reply in post #126

    This isn't a loan, this was a govt. takeover and buyout. You don't seem to know the difference.

    Tell me, why you don’t think that it is a loan? After all when the someone has equity in a company (in this case the Gov. ) and call it a loan, there is a pretty good case for assuming it’s a loan.Then you have this little factoid.

    April 28, 2011

    < The U.S. government is going to be out of the auto business - at least the auto business run from Auburn Hills, Mich., - as the Chrysler Group LLC announces a plan that will repay the $7.5 billion in loans made to Chrysler by the U.S. Treasury Dept. and the Canadian government.>

    Chrysler to Repay Bailout Loans With More Loans - AutoObserver

    Ahem…
    (“Did your partisan blinders fail to see the three and a half years between the Gov. loan and the payoff and profit?”)
    another year and a half to go,hard telling how many American jobs can be saved if Obama has his way.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •