Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 256

Thread: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

  1. #101
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I merely pointed out the fact that problems exist. a couple people well known for hysterically calling others "racist" ASSUMED additional facts not in evidence
    Your language was curious. However, do you disagree with what I said?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you profess to be an attorney. yet when challenged to point out what you assert are dishonest and erroneous interpretations within my ensuing post, you slink away from that challenge. rather than meeting the challenge and pointing out any errors or dishonesty, you instead deflect to speak of those who are unable to handle the truth

    my post with which you took exception:

    my response was to this statement by you:

    so, do not take the coward's way out and avoid the challenge. instead, this time, point to ANY error or dishonesty within my above post, highlited in blue font

    you stated the following about that post in blue font:

    now point to what is found erroneous and dishonest within my above post


    certainly any real attorney who makes such a statement would be able to defend it by citing the errors and dishonesty. prove for us that you are an attorney rather than a coward
    Moderator's Warning:
    This thread is about Detroit schools, not about a member's profession. Please stay on topic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #103
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    pointing out the fact that crack addiction and unwed birthrates are far higher in american black culture than american white culture is both factual and non-racist. And only a fool would claim that crack addiction or out of wedlock births are NOT detrimental
    and yet, there are fools claiming exactly that.

    "All children can learn at a high level. It is teacher expectations that determine learning. If some of the students can't or won't pass the test, it is the teacher's fault for not having high enough expectations. "

    Unfortunately, those fools are in positions of power.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #104
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your language was curious. However, do you disagree with what I said?
    your question is curious. do you disagree with what I have said?

    environment and culture causes issues not one's DNA or skin color



  5. #105
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your question is curious. do you disagree with what I have said?

    environment and culture causes issues not one's DNA or skin color
    Culture includes how others treat them. But, no I don't disagree. These things are part of the many factors that efect student success or failure.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #106
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,752

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No what's silly is your asinine straw man attempt at comparing a teacher to a doctor treating cancer patients with little hope of survival.
    The silly comparison he made would certainly work...if doctors were still treating said cancer with leaches knowing **** didnt work. God forbid anyone actually admit that the education system as it is being implemented is for whatever reason NOT WORKING and there should be changes....

  7. #107
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The silly comparison he made would certainly work...if doctors were still treating said cancer with leaches knowing **** didnt work. God forbid anyone actually admit that the education system as it is being implemented is for whatever reason NOT WORKING and there should be changes....
    By all mans, show that teachers are doing what is equivilent to using leeches. Private schools for example use the same methods that public schools do. Is there a problem with the methods, or something else?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #108
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The silly comparison he made would certainly work...if doctors were still treating said cancer with leaches knowing **** didnt work. God forbid anyone actually admit that the education system as it is being implemented is for whatever reason NOT WORKING and there should be changes....
    The education system is working fine, and the proof is most children meet the educational standards in testing and grading. Don't bring god into this debate. Thks!
    One Tin Soldier Walked Away..................

  9. #109
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,752

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    By all mans, show that teachers are doing what is equivilent to using leeches. Private schools for example use the same methods that public schools do. Is there a problem with the methods, or something else?
    There is a problem with warehousing children in public schools and counting warm bodies for pay sake and not adjusting methodology when your practices are failing. You poke yourself in the eye 20 times there is a pretty good chance its still going to hurt like hell the 21st time. Private schools require active parent participation. They require motivation and success. They dont keep ****ty teachers because they are tenured. They succeed or die.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Canít Read

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    By all mans, show that teachers are doing what is equivilent to using leeches. Private schools for example use the same methods that public schools do. Is there a problem with the methods, or something else?
    Let me help you out. You can study this definition for the next 30 minutes, then reread his post. Let's see if you understand it better after that.

    fa∑ce∑tious
       [fuh-see-shuhs] Show IPA
    Ėadjective
    1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
    2. amusing; humorous.
    3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •