Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 297

Thread: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    It's not the NOT releasing I am bothered by.

    It's the "Yes it will" then "No it won't" hem hawing. DUMB.
    Have you ever been dumb enough to change your mind, Vicchio? You have never been president.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Vic... I think they are protecting the shooter, as he failed to nail Osama between the eyes. The guy really has to practice a little more.

    .
    Humor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I think that publishing photos of emenies you've killed is disrespectful. Smacks a bit too much of putting his head on a pike in front of the WH. There are conflicting issues in this case given the desire for proof, but I think publishing the photo would be in bad taste.
    Why is it disrespectful to publish a photo of a man who killed thousands, Kernel? A picture and a piked head are not the same. The photo can be verfied with facial-recognition technology, etc. Blood would have helped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    One, he was shot in the head. Likely to cause some distortion. Two, I only have pictures I've seen as comparison, and those are not all that recent. And birthers have shown that no amount of evidence convinces the person who simply doesn't want to believe. Birthers, truthers, now proofers, will all find away to explain away all evidence. We've seen this constantly.

    Now, I suspect the photo will make it out one way or another, but it won't settle anything for those who don't want to believe.
    You may have a point, Boo.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Conspiracy theorists are impervious to fact and logic anyway. Birth certificate, where is the birth certificate? No, no, we meant the long form. No, no, that one has to be faked. You killed Bin Laden? So you say. Show us the proof. No, no, not that proof, the other proof. The moon landing was faked, you know, and the attack of 9/11 was an inside job for sure, and space aliens killed Kennedy, and every scientific organization in the world is behind the global warming hoax, and well, anything we choose to believe is ipso facto real and indisputable and anyone who says differently is just deluded. Bin Laden? Why, that doesn't look anything like him. For one thing, he doesn't have that hole in his head. That is obviously photoshopped.



    You can't counter irrationality with empirical fact.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Conspiracy theorists are impervious to fact and logic anyway. Birth certificate, where is the birth certificate? No, no, we meant the long form. No, no, that one has to be faked. You killed Bin Laden? So you say. Show us the proof. No, no, not that proof, the other proof. The moon landing was faked, you know, and the attack of 9/11 was an inside job for sure, and space aliens killed Kennedy, and every scientific organization in the world is behind the global warming hoax, and well, anything we choose to believe is ipso facto real and indisputable and anyone who says differently is just deluded. Bin Laden? Why, that doesn't look anything like him. For one thing, he doesn't have that hole in his head. That is obviously photoshopped.



    You can't counter irrationality with empirical fact.
    Very good, dittohead.

    I disagree, though, one one point. I think they might name themselves Deathers instead of Proofers. It seems fitting.

  4. #24
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    It wouldnt really matter if they did release the picture. If anything it serves to not inflame even more hatred and rhetoric in the ME. Let it be. Some will always deny it. Hell we have pics of JFK on the slab and people still call the photos a fake.

    It matters not...there are already tons of doctored 'dead' Osama photos out there.

    This decision is like scoring a touchdown and running back to the sidelines as opposed to scoring a touchdown and showing your ass in front of the cameras. Full on approve.

  5. #25
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I don't think the government should release a gory photo of a guy we assassinated, no matter how much he deserved it. If it were to be mysteriously leaked however...
    Did you feel that way when the photos of American war crimes were released?

  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,368

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    We are a government of/by/and for the people. This is not "transparency". hopefully a FOIA lawsuit is filed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Very good, dittohead.

    I disagree, though, one one point. I think they might name themselves Deathers instead of Proofers. It seems fitting.
    I was talking with Elvis about this earlier today. he prefered proofers. But I'm OK with either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I was talking with Elvis about this earlier today. he prefered proofers. But I'm OK with either.
    Very well.

    Deathers is a better term.

  9. #29
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    From what I remember, and I maybe incorrect with finals, papers, and other things, but I believe it was Panetta, not Obama that said the photos should be released.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Very well.

    Deathers is a better term.
    Deathers, proofers, nutters, any of those terms works.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •