Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 297

Thread: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If a photo were to be released, naysayers would simply say it was faked. A photo proves nothing at all in the age of digital photography.
    Ya... the photo would become a conspiracy.

  2. #232
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If a photo were to be released, naysayers would simply say it was faked. A photo proves nothing at all in the age of digital photography.
    That's not the issue. You and I know he is dead

    Mishandling bin Laden's Body....Alan Dershowitz: Mishandling bin Laden's Body - WSJ.com

    The president's decision to withhold photographs of the dead Osama bin Laden is only the last in a series of terrible mistakes in the handling of his body. Although there should be no doubt that bin Laden is actually dead, there are grave doubts as to the circumstances surrounding his death. Was he shot in cold blood? Was he shot in the back or in the front? Were his hands raised in surrender? Was he actively resisting?

    Many of these doubts could have been resolved if bin Laden's body had been subjected to the usual investigatory techniques routinely employed in homicide cases. His body should have been subjected to an autopsy, to forensic testing by an experienced medical examiner, to extensive photographing of entrance and exit wounds, to paraffin testing for gun-powder residue, and to other such forensic examination.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    That's not the issue. You and I know he is dead

    Mishandling bin Laden's Body....Alan Dershowitz: Mishandling bin Laden's Body - WSJ.com
    Yes, we know he's dead. Of course, not everyone will believe that he is dead, but he is, thank God, or Allah, or whoever. Actually, thank the Navy Seals and their CIC. We also know that he was continuing to plot terrorist attacks against the United States.

    Had they sent a predator drone to take him out, he'd be just as dead (probably- one reason they didn't was the lack of a positive verification, but that's an aside) and no one would have known the exact cause of death.

    And, no one would care, except perhaps for the jihadis.

    Bottom line: Bin Laden is dead, gone, and no longer plotting terrorist attacks against America. He was a soldier fighting us, and he was killed. End of story. Why are the circumstances of his death any more important than those of any other member of Al Qaeda who has died at the hands of our soldiers?
    Last edited by Dittohead not!; 05-12-11 at 02:11 AM.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, we know he's dead. Of course, not everyone will believe that he is dead, but he is, thank God, or Allah, or whoever. Actually, thank the Navy Seals and their CIC. We also know that he was continuing to plot terrorist attacks against the United States.

    Had they sent a predator drone to take him out, he'd be just as dead (probably- one reason they didn't was the lack of a positive verification, but that's an aside) and no one would have known the exact cause of death.

    And, no one would care, except perhaps for the jihadis.

    Bottom line: Bin Laden is dead, gone, and no longer plotting terrorist attacks against America. He was a soldier fighting us, and he was killed. End of story. Why are the circumstances of his death any more important than those of any other member of Al Qaeda who has died at the hands of our soldiers?
    One problem the "conspiracy theory" (ie: reported facts that opposes the front page story) is that OBL has been dead for years... like 2002.

  5. #235
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, we know he's dead. Of course, not everyone will believe that he is dead, but he is, thank God, or Allah, or whoever.
    Let me ask Elvis...................
    One Tin Soldier Walked Away..................

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Its like obama's bc it don't exist because Bin Laden isn't dead.

  7. #237
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If it were a lie, Osama could merely make another video.
    Things being as they are, I doubt if anyone would believe another doctored tape, no matter how well it is presented or how well the image is produced.

    As it stands now, his two sons know he's dead because they knew where he was hiding out, probably visited him at his stronghold many times during his years of forced isolation.

    ricksfolly

  8. #238
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    I didnt read all 24 pages of this thread but thought I throw my comment out there anyway.

    I generally do not agree with Obama but I think he made the right decision not to release the picture. It would serve no purpose.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I didnt read all 24 pages of this thread but thought I throw my comment out there anyway.

    I generally do not agree with Obama but I think he made the right decision not to release the picture. It would serve no purpose.
    Being open and transparent with the people doesn't have to serve a purpose. It is not up to the US President to decide what people should and shouldn't see.

    Now he is going to let the politicians see the photos but the public cannot. I don't see what sense that makes, but it does suggest a strongly elitist attitude.

  10. #240
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Being open and transparent with the people doesn't have to serve a purpose. It is not up to the US President to decide what people should and shouldn't see.

    Now he is going to let the politicians see the photos but the public cannot. I don't see what sense that makes, but it does suggest a strongly elitist attitude.
    Oh, no...elitism. God save us from that.....
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •