Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 297

Thread: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

  1. #171
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The troops are armed and trained and we should not worry about them getting hurt. They can handle themselves, and we should not bow to the idea that the terrorists might get upset by our being honest. Once appeasing terrorists, or potential terrorists, starts the slippery slope has been reached.
    It's not appeasing them. It's realizing that doing this unnecessarily will potentially put our troops at risk. That's like saying, oh, well our troops are armed and trained, so let's drop a bomb on China since they are devaluing their currency and skewing economic numbers. Our troops can handle it, right? (which they could, since at this point, Chinese military is a joke, but still) Not just that, but the last thing we need is every single Al-Qaeda member getting the damn thing as a tattoo or something. If you ask me, the best option here is not releasing the one in its current form. It is gruesome and disgusting. If there is one of his body wrapped up about to be dumped in the water, that could be considered.
    Last edited by Gargantuan; 05-06-11 at 10:02 PM.

  2. #172
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    I don't know whether it should be release, I cannot decide.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    It's not appeasing them. It's realizing that doing this unnecessarily will potentially put our troops at risk. That's like saying, oh, well our troops are armed and trained, so let's drop a bomb on China since they are devaluing their currency and skewing economic numbers. Our troops can handle it, right? (which they could, since at this point, Chinese military is a joke, but still) Not just that, but the last thing we need is every single Al-Qaeda member getting the damn thing as a tattoo or something. If you ask me, the best option here is not releasing the one in its current form. It is gruesome and disgusting. If there is one of his body wrapped up about to be dumped in the water, that could be considered.
    How is it 'putting the troops at risk'? It is the troops who are armed and dangerous, not some sad sack bunch of ever disgruntled Muslims. They're at war with the military, and civilians, already. That's what Al Qaeda is all about.

    We stuck it to the "Japs" and the "Krauts" during WWII and we can mock these terrorist swine also. If we don't then we are obviously more afraid than they are, and I don't think that's a winning attitude.

  4. #174
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How is it 'putting the troops at risk'? It is the troops who are armed and dangerous, not some sad sack bunch of ever disgruntled Muslims. They're at war with the military, and civilians, already. That's what Al Qaeda is all about.
    Remember when that idiot decided to burn the Quran. It put our soldiers at risk. In fact, some were killed. Al-Qaida is already mad that we killed Bin Laden, but if we act like they do (barbarians) and disrespect the dead body, others may find fault with it that are not Al-Qaida and put our soldiers at risk. What is so hard to understand about that, and besides, do we want to be like them? I, frankly, do not want to become like the people in the ME, who don't have any sense of what is right and what is wrong.

    Ten dead in Afghan Koran burning protests

    Reuters
    April 2, 2011
    At least 10 people have been killed and 83 wounded in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar, officials said on Saturday, on a second day of violent protests over the burning of a Koran by a radical fundamentalist Christian in the United States.
    A suicide attack also hit a NATO military base in the capital Kabul, the day after protesters over-ran a U.N. mission in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif and killed seven foreign staff, in the deadliest attack on the UN in Afghanistan.
    Some protesters in Kandahar carried white Taliban flags and shouted slogans including “long live the Taliban” and “death to America.” In rioting that lasted hours, they smashed shops, burned tires and vandalized a girl’s high school.
    » Ten dead in Afghan Koran burning protests Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!


    We stuck it to the "Japs" and the "Krauts" during WWII and we can mock these terrorist swine also. If we don't then we are obviously more afraid than they are, and I don't think that's a winning attitude.
    How did we do that? And, your attitude is like that of kids on a baseball league - it isn't about who can say "nanny nanny booboo" the loudest. We don't have to act like idiots to know that we have a "winning" country that they envy - why they hate America so much. Aren't Republicans the ones that claim America is a Christian country? Well, Christians don't act that way.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Remember when that idiot decided to burn the Quran. It put our soldiers at risk. In fact, some were killed. Al-Qaida is already mad that we killed Bin Laden, but if we act like they do (barbarians) and disrespect the dead body, others may find fault with it that are not Al-Qaida and put our soldiers at risk. What is so hard to understand about that, and besides, do we want to be like them? I, frankly, do not want to become like the people in the ME, who don't have any sense of what is right and what is wrong.

    Ten dead in Afghan Koran burning protests

    Reuters
    April 2, 2011
    At least 10 people have been killed and 83 wounded in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar, officials said on Saturday, on a second day of violent protests over the burning of a Koran by a radical fundamentalist Christian in the United States.
    A suicide attack also hit a NATO military base in the capital Kabul, the day after protesters over-ran a U.N. mission in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif and killed seven foreign staff, in the deadliest attack on the UN in Afghanistan.
    Some protesters in Kandahar carried white Taliban flags and shouted slogans including “long live the Taliban” and “death to America.” In rioting that lasted hours, they smashed shops, burned tires and vandalized a girl’s high school.
    » Ten dead in Afghan Koran burning protests Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!




    How did we do that? And, your attitude is like that of kids on a baseball league - it isn't about who can say "nanny nanny booboo" the loudest. We don't have to act like idiots to know that we have a "winning" country that they envy - why they hate America so much. Aren't Republicans the ones that claim America is a Christian country? Well, Christians don't act that way.
    If you think ever more appeasement is the answer you should check how that's worked in Western Europe.

  6. #176
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I don't know whether it should be release, I cannot decide.
    Don't feel alone. I am in the same boat. But I guess that is why there are people who know more about the actual situation than you and I do that are calling the shots on this.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #177
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you think ever more appeasement is the answer you should check how that's worked in Western Europe.
    Obama may be a lot of negative things, but if you really believe that he is an appeaser, then think again. It was only 3 weeks into his presidency when he gave the go on the mission that killed the Somali pirates who were holding hostages. What he is doing now is not appeasement, but weighing the release of the photos against compromising American security.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #178
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Obama may be a lot of negative things, but if you really believe that he is an appeaser, then think again. It was only 3 weeks into his presidency when he gave the go on the mission that killed the Somali pirates who were holding hostages. What he is doing now is not appeasement, but weighing the release of the photos against compromising American security.
    Grant has a rather "special" view of the world.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Obama may be a lot of negative things, but if you really believe that he is an appeaser, then think again. It was only 3 weeks into his presidency when he gave the go on the mission that killed the Somali pirates who were holding hostages. What he is doing now is not appeasement, but weighing the release of the photos against compromising American security.

    I think he has improved a lot since he first commenced his presidency with his world apology tour.

    What he is doing, and said he is doing, is not releasing the photos for fear of aggravating Muslims.

    He also spoke out against freedom of speech in the United States for the same reason.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Grant has a rather "special" view of the world.
    You got that right, Loser.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •