Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 297

Thread: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

  1. #101
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,441
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    This is a great decision, Bin Laden is dead and there is no reason to show him with half his head blown away. For those people who don't think he's really dead, would say the pictures were just photoshopped.
    Well, it's not a great decision, it's a decision. Deciding not to bomb, but instead root out the asshole was a great decision. And my lone question is... why put the troops in there at huge risk of life and limb if the public doesn't get the evidence Obama was seeking in the first place?

    I can deal with his photo decision, but much of the logic of not making the pic(s) public is a little lame.

    I think the 911 families should be the folks to decide (for the President) whether or not the photo(s) should be released.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 05-05-11 at 03:46 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #102
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    No.

    Obama doesn't want to hurt the feelings of his co-religionists.

    If you want to cut straight to the heart of the matter.



    Obama has, only one time in his entire life, done what was best for the nation. That was when he ordered the strike team to enter and do their job. Yes, Obama clearly knows what is best for the nation, it's the only way he could be so consistent in his avoidance of the beneficial path.

    LOL! Very odd behavior to order the death of the leader of his "co-religionists," wouldn't you say? Do you think anyone other than morons will buy this tripe?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #103
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    You mean treat it like Ralphie's House, and put somehing like a Leg Lamp in the window with Fishnet Stocking?
    Mr. Parker: It's a Major Award!
    Swede: Shucks, I wouldn't know that. It looks like a lamp.
    Mr. Parker: What is a lamp, you nincompoop? It's a Major Award. I won it!
    Swede: Damn, hell, you say won it?
    Mr. Parker: Yeah, mind power, Swede; mind power.
    That film is too much fun.

  4. #104
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    There is some uproar here.

    For me, there's no gain to Obama when he doesn't release the photos.

    Conspiracy theorists will do their song and dance whether the picture is released or not...

    and those of you who are upset over this.

    Get over it, honestly, if you have to see a dead body to get your jiffy off over it, then by all means whatever floats your boat.

    I'm with the president on this one, and I do not believe it is Americas job to kill people and broadcast their corpses across the planet.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    @ MrV - Why is it the dumbest thing you've ever heard of? You can't think of any reason why it would be a bad idea to release the photo?

    If Obama did release the photo, you'd probably still say it was the dumbest thing you ever heard of. You're just partisan like that.

    I'm glad the photo wasn't released because it protects the soldiers who are still int he Middle East. I'm sure the terrorist networks are already pissed off that we took out their messiah, the last thing we need to do is add insult to injury by taunting them with the photo of his corpse.

    It was a tempered decision and I see nothing wrong with it.
    No, the partisan here is YOU. I've stated, several times it's not about the decision, but how it played out and why. You, and Catawba for thanking you, prove the real partisans here. I have not once slammed the DECISION as being dumb. I do disagree with the reasoning given... but this should have been decided PRIOR to the event. Instead we had reports the Pics and Video would get released... and then we're told it would be too insensitive to do it. THAT was DUMB.

    The decision NOT too, I just disagree with.

    The real partisan was you, shown by your complete fabrication of my position, and your BS "well if it had been you'd just have" line.

    In the future, actually read what I write, not what you think I said because your politically left and I'm politically right. I thanked you for exposing yourself so to all.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #106
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    When did Obama say "We'll definitely release it."?

    And do we want to be like the terrorists who post photos and videos on the internet...

    I think we're better then that. Don't you?
    I never said he did. Nice try.

    We are better, we're posting proof that the scum is dead, they post to recruit more to kill innocent people. That you have to even ask that question is shameful Hazlnut.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    LOL! Very odd behavior to order the death of the leader of his "co-religionists," wouldn't you say? Do you think anyone other than morons will buy this tripe?
    The San Hedrin demanded the death of Jesus, did they not?

  8. #108
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is what you were asked:

    When did Obama say they were definitely releasing it? This is the first I've heard from the whitehouse on whether they would release.

    This is what you replied with:

    BRIAN WILLIAMS:
    There is a report as we have this conversation, for the record, 10:36 a.m., that the President, the White House, has decided and, it may already be out, to release a proof of death photo. What light can you shed on this?
    LEON PANETTA:
    The government obviously has been talking about how best to do this, but I don't think there's-- there was any question that ultimately a photograph would be presented to the public. Obviously I've seen those photographs. We've analyzed them and there's no question that it's Bin Laden.
    BRIAN WILLIAMS:
    Were you debating how the release of a photo would go over, given its gruesomeness, versus the need on behalf of people all over the world to demand proof of death?
    LEON PANETTA:
    I think there's no question that there were concerns and there were questions that had to be debated about just exactly question kind of impact-- would these photos have. But the bottom line is that, you know, we got Bin Laden and I think we have to reveal to the rest of the world the fact that we were able to get him and kill him.


    Read more: The Page by Mark Halperin | Panetta: Public Likely to See OBL Picture

    So again, how is Leon Panetta speaking for either Obama or the Obama administration? Matter of fact, what does Panetta have to do with whether Obama said he'll release the pictures or not? Were you oozing so much political anger whenever Bush and his officials said contradicting statements? Or are you simply at that time of the month? You know, the time where you get extra-partisan just for the hell of it?
    I'm sorry, The Director of the CIA is now just some guy who doesn't matter? Is that it? Just a guy, some talking head to be ignored? There is no political "anger here"?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #109
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    From the news I read this morning (it's morning here), Obama was very clear that he will not be releasing a death photo. He gave several reasons.

    It may get leaked, but the US gov will not release it (while he is pres, at least).

    The president said he had discussed the issue with his intelligence team, including Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and that they agree with the decision. White House press secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday that Mr. Obama made the decision today.

    In explaining his choice not to release the photo, Mr. Obama said that "we don't need to spike the football." He said that "given the graphic nature of these photos it would create a national security risk."

    The president told Kroft he saw the photos following the raid on the compound and knew that bin Laden had been killed.

    "We discussed this internally," he said. "Keep in mind that we are absolutely certain that this was him. We've done DNA sampling and testing. And so there is no doubt that we killed Osama bin Laden."

    When Kroft noted that there are people in Pakistan and elsewhere who believe bin Laden is still alive, the president said "we we monitoring worldwide reaction."

    "There is no doubt that Osama bin Laden is dead," he said. "Certainly there is no doubt among al Qaeda members that he is dead. So we don't think that a photograph in and of itself is going to make any difference."

    "There are going to be some folks who deny it," he added. "The fact of the matter is, you will not see bin Laden walking on this earth again."

    Asked about the decision Wednesday, White House Press Secretary Carney said "there are obviously arguments to be made on either side."

    "The fact of the matter is, as the president described, these are graphic photographs of someone who was shot in the face -- the head, rather," he said. "It is not in our national security interests to allow those images, as has been in the past been the case, to become icons to rally opinion against the United States. The president's number one priority is the safety and security of American citizens at home and Americans abroad. There is no need to release these photographs to establish Osama bin Laden's identity. And he saw no other compelling reason to release them, given the potential for national security risks. And further, because he believes, as he said so clearly, this is not who we are." (See video at left.)

    "He wanted to hear the opinions of others, but he was very clear about his view on this," Carney added. "And, obviously, his decision is categorical." He said it applied to "all visual evidence" of bin Laden's death, including video of his burial at sea.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...g=breakingnews

    You ppl don't check drudgereport?




    Edit: I see you have the news, I just didn't get why it is still an issue. As far as I can tell, it's over. Next subject. My mistake.

    This is the birther thing all over again. Unreal.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-05-11 at 04:16 AM.

  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,779
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden Photo

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama Says He Will Not Release Bin Laden PhotoAnother thread with the usual suspects making snarky and less than civil comments. Debate the topic and leave the personal stuff out of it or else
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •