Page 95 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #941
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I trust the logic yes.
    So is it only logic that agrees with you? Everyone else must be illogical?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #942
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I trust the logic yes. If you can stop it, and it is only done a couple of times, it can't possibly be the same. And yes, i trust those who do it over those who have not actually been a POW, and tortured by someone they cannot stop. It makes perfect sense.

    In your days wearing the uniform, did you undergo the training?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #943
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    ahh good you found it.



    good for you.



    So, tell me now, tell me how bad you feel for KSM, I mean after all those 83 times, it led to the guy who led us to Osama.

    I guess you missed the line in the article that claims that the information didn't come at the time he was being water boarded, but rather under the normal techniques?

    Not surprised.

    And, don't try to make it personal, has nothing to do with feeling bad over a Muslim being water boarded, but rather whether or not we follow protocol. I guess the rules don't matter to some? Even when it has been proven that the info gathered under such methods wasn't of any value?



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  4. #944
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Duh. So if I beat the living crap out of you, for 83 days, and then on the 84th a schoolgirl comes up to you and asks you pretty please, and you give in, it must have been the girl, not the threat of another beatdown. You guys are too much sometimes.
    You really do stretch the facts, don't you?



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  5. #945
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    I guess you missed the line in the article that claims that the information didn't come at the time he was being water boarded, but rather under the normal techniques?

    Not surprised.

    And, don't try to make it personal, has nothing to do with feeling bad over a Muslim being water boarded, but rather whether or not we follow protocol. I guess the rules don't matter to some? Even when it has been proven that the info gathered under such methods wasn't of any value?

    to be fair, there are differing reports on what led to the couriers name being revealed. My guess is that those in favor of enhanced interrogation methods will claim that is what led to the name, and those not in favor will cling to the opposite.

    Doesn't mean that either is correct.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #946
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    it wasn't the next day either. It was months later. There is no logical way to link it to the waterboarding.

    Oh, the fact that it was done, regardless of how far back and that it didn't provide any info of any value doesn't seem to matter to those here defending it and trying to get as much credit for Bush as they can - rather amusing how they will stretch the facts.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  7. #947
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by gekaap View Post
    Let's give you the benefit of the doubt, for a moment, that you are indeed in MI. Saying that waterboarding is not torture because it's a training technique is self contradictory. The training is to make you more able to resist breaking down under torture. So, that kinda makes your comments military unintelligence.
    If you are at all familiar with military training, you'd know that every effort is made to make it absolutely risk-less. In most cases were actually doing something that needs be addressed would likely result in injury, the topic is usually discussed rather than executed. Having said that...waterboarding, as unpleasant as it is, causes no physical harm. That's why it has been used in POW training. It's a way to simulate interrogation techniques that might likely be used without actually causing the student any harm. Bottom line up front, waterboarding, though psychologically unpleasant, is physically harmless.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #948
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Dood, your posturing is more absurd than usual.

    We were indeed waterboarded. that's a fact. not 83 times or whatever, but we were indeed waterboarded.


    Pinetta disagrees with you.
    I got it 6 times. I was a "special" war criminal. 15, btw.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #949
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    rev, the facts are the facts. We got the information in 2007. Waterboarding stopped in 2006. Your clip does not ahve Paneta saying we got this intel from waterboarding or torture of any kind, only that the sources were at sometime tortured. We know that. You have to show they gave us the intel while being tortured, before the techniques ended in 2006.

    Being silly doesn't change the facts or your burden. it does show the weakness of your argument.
    wait, wait, wait.....isn't the overall claim being presented here that Obama is solely responsible to the exclusion of GWB? If the director of the CIA just said that waterboarding had an impact in finding and killing UBL, and that it's still going on, and that it is useful in interrogations....how then can you assert that it stopped in 2006 and that GWB had nothing to do with finding UBL?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #950
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    to be fair, there are differing reports on what led to the couriers name being revealed. My guess is that those in favor of enhanced interrogation methods will claim that is what led to the name, and those not in favor will cling to the opposite.

    Doesn't mean that either is correct.


    j-mac
    The very source that claimed the info came from them at a site where water boarding occurred later reversed their info and claimed that it did not - it was months later and under standard techniques. I certainly am not saying that Bush didn't deserve some credit, but it seems that some are trying to give him more credit than he deserves, and have gone so far as to go back and try to prove that water boarding was not torture and not illegal.

    The question of the role such techniques played in this mission arose after the Associated Press reported that it was two key detainees -- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi -- who gave American officials the nickname of a courier who ultimately led U.S. intelligence officials to bin Laden. The two detainees reportedly gave the information up at foreign CIA "black sites," where waterboarding occurred.

    However, the AP fleshed out its report later in the day. Citing unnamed former officials, the AP wrote, "Mohammed did not discuss al-Kuwaiti while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding... He acknowledged knowing him many months later under standard interrogation."

    Debate continues over role of waterboarding in gathering bin Laden intel - Political Hotsheet - CBS News



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •