Page 94 of 146 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #931
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    He does not say we got the intel from people when they were waterboarded. Only that they were at some point waterboarded. That is consistent with what we know.

    Once again you guys are leaping.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #932
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I know boo, when inconvienent truths come across your path, you ignore them... Carry on.
    No such thing has happened.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #933
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He does not say we got the intel from people when they were waterboarded. Only that they were at some point waterboarded. That is consistent with what we know.

    Once again you guys are leaping.

    The BOO RADLEY SHUFFLE!!!!!


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #934
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, you ignore the differences and what those who do it say.

    So you trust the veracity of those who say it isn't much of anything in training, and dismiss those who say it is the same thing....Hmmmm....Now I wonder if that has anything at all to do with your political leanings?

    Nahhhhhhhh!

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #935
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    rev, the facts are the facts. We got the information in 2007. Waterboarding stopped in 2006. Your clip does not ahve Paneta saying we got this intel from waterboarding or torture of any kind, only that the sources were at sometime tortured. We know that. You have to show they gave us the intel while being tortured, before the techniques ended in 2006.

    Being silly doesn't change the facts or your burden. it does show the weakness of your argument.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #936
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    We will never know if the time spent water boarding could have been spent more productively trying something else.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #937
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    We will never know if the time spent water boarding could have been spent more productively trying something else.


    I dunno, I'd rather be waterboarding with my abu gharib puppy dogs..
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #938
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you trust the veracity of those who say it isn't much of anything in training, and dismiss those who say it is the same thing....Hmmmm....Now I wonder if that has anything at all to do with your political leanings?

    Nahhhhhhhh!

    j-mac
    I trust the logic yes. If you can stop it, and it is only done a couple of times, it can't possibly be the same. And yes, i trust those who do it over those who have not actually been a POW, and tortured by someone they cannot stop. It makes perfect sense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #939
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have tried to show them that it was different. You do a nice job of spelling out the differences. Thanks.

    I'm inclined to believe they know the difference but want to play the "real water boarding" down.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #940
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    I'm inclined to believe they know the difference but want to play the "real water boarding" down.



    Actually, can you quote me where I said there was no difference? Thanks.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •