Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #891
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Your credibility is a little lowered if you are assuming Ben is American. He's Irish btw and will have full access to AJ through Sky and cable.
    My credibility would be lowered if I refused to acknowledge that I was mistaken on his nationality. Your credibility is now in question with me. We'll see how it goes from here on in though. I'm always going to be very objective and upfront on it.

  2. #892
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    According to those who do it, it's a toned down version that is not equal to actual waterboarding. I've posted this in the past. even the creaters of this program consider waterboarding torture.


    Links please. you always seem to lack links....

    is it "toned down"? sure as hell didn't feel that way.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #893
    Advisor gekaap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    474

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I do in fact believe Osama bin Laden is dead...if he wasn't, he would have released another video by now.
    QFMFT

    Whenever rumors started swirling about him being dead, he always would come through and put them to rest.
    Birthers: God's way of telling Darwin "Take that!"

    We're dealing with master Satanists here. The fact that there's no evidence proves that it's true.

  4. #894
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Please then, by all means, load a youtube of you being waterboarded....
    Give me ten minutes and I'll make the video. Stop trying, you are never going to be able to prove your point with me on this forum. Maybe we can get together in person if the issue is worth enough to you to prove. Actually it's not even worth the efffort to me to make the video. If you continue to insist I'll just provide you with a link to somebody getting waterboarded. Now go play guns.

  5. #895
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ushaditcoming View Post
    Give me ten minutes and I'll make the video. Stop trying, you are never going to be able to prove your point with me on this forum. Maybe we can get together in person if the issue is worth enough to you to prove. Actually it's not even worth the efffort to me to make the video. If you continue to insist I'll just provide you with a link to somebody getting waterboarded. Now go play guns.


    this ain't match.com bro, and The Good Reverend happily married. The Good Reverend is flattered by your asking for a date, but, he must politley decline.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #896
    Advisor gekaap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    474

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Actually that's not how it happens in SERE. You get waterboarded to show you some of the **** you'll encounter if your captured.
    That's what I just said.
    Birthers: God's way of telling Darwin "Take that!"

    We're dealing with master Satanists here. The fact that there's no evidence proves that it's true.

  7. #897
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ushaditcoming View Post
    Your credibility is now in question with me. We'll see how it goes from here on in though. I'm always going to be very objective and upfront on it.
    Am I meant to care very much what a noob on the forum thinks about my credibility? As far as objectivity is concerned, it really doesn't have much currency in the political arena. No one is objective and everyone has an agenda. What is important is the struggle for and commitment to balance and pluralism, not some mythical objectivity.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #898
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    this ain't match.com bro, and The Good Reverend happily married. The Good Reverend is flattered by your asking for a date, but, he must politley decline.
    Alright then, if you don't swing both ways then I have been put down for my attempts at friendship and you have chastized me. In all honesty though, when a person is outed, such as Larry Craig or Foley, they are always the ones who objected too loudly to the gay lifestyle. The closet gay is usually the one that goes to extreme measures, or in fact any measures at all to show to others that he/it/she is a macho man's man. Now I'm not saying that you have necessarily done that with your avatar but now that you want to start getting insulting, you only have to know that I'm up to it. I suggest you back off before you get yourself in trouble. It's really not necessary you know.

  9. #899
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Links please. you always seem to lack links....

    is it "toned down"? sure as hell didn't feel that way.
    I've posted them before. Link: The Treatment of Detainees in U.S. Custody

    Some might say that if our personnel go through it in SERE
    school, what's wrong with doing it to detainees? Well, our
    personnel are students, and they can call off the training at
    any time.
    Again, it's critical to remember that these techniques are
    not used in SERE school to obtain intelligence, they are to
    prepare our soldiers to resist abusive interrogation.
    ot the same.
    And read on:

    Discussions about reverse-engineering SERE techniques for
    use in interrogations at GTMO had already prompted strong
    objections by the DOD's CITF at GTMO. CITF Deputy Commander
    Mark Fallon said that the SERE techniques were ``developed to
    better prepare U.S. military personnel to resist
    interrogations, and not as a means of obtaining reliable
    information,'' and that, ``CITF was troubled with the rationale
    that techniques used to harden resistance to interrogations
    would be the basis for the utilization of techniques to obtain
    information.''
    there is also this:

    In fact, waterboarding is just the type of torture then Lt. Commander John McCain had to endure at the hands of the North Vietnamese. As a former Master Instructor and Chief of Training at the US Navy Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape School (SERE) in San Diego, California I know the waterboard personally and intimately. SERE staff were required undergo the waterboard at its fullest. I was no exception. I have personally led, witnessed and supervised waterboarding of hundreds of people. It has been reported that both the Army and Navy SERE school’s interrogation manuals were used to form the interrogation techniques used by the US army and the CIA for its terror suspects. What was not mentioned in most articles was that SERE was designed to show how an evil totalitarian, enemy would use torture at the slightest whim. If this is the case, then waterboarding is unquestionably being used as torture technique.

    Naval Leadership: Waterboarding is Torture… Period

    There's much more out there and I've probably linked it all at one time or another. But the point is they are not the same, and waterboarding is torture.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #900
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Am I meant to care very much what a noob on the forum thinks about my credibility? As far as objectivity is concerned, it really doesn't have much currency in the political arena. No one is objective and everyone has an agenda. What is important is the struggle for and commitment to balance and pluralism, not some mythical objectivity.
    Well stated again. Now I'll leave it up to you to try to determine what my political objective really is. My agenda as you suggest. Have I given you any hint so far? I think I've at least shown you that I don't buy into American propaganda all the time. Especially when America provides reason to doubt their propaganda. And you?l What's your agenda. You have provided a hint that it's got something to do with damage control so far. And you don't like my name so you tell me that others won't so I should change it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •