Page 89 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #881
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Actually that's not how it happens in SERE. You get waterboarded to show you some of the **** you'll encounter if your captured.
    According to those who do it, it's a toned down version that is not equal to actual waterboarding. I've posted this in the past. even the creaters of this program consider waterboarding torture.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #882
    Advisor gekaap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    474

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This might qualify as the most retarded post of the year. Perhaps the most retarded ever posted on DP.
    It is 100% pure unadulterated drivel, and even open minded Libs will have to agree it's 100% wrong.

    And you claim to be a "Centrist"!!! ???
    Next time try "Progressive", "Moderate" or "Independent". ROTFLOL.

    TILT/

    .
    You seemed to have misunderstood my point. The poster to whom I was responding suggests that Bush gets the credit because it was his administration that produced the intelligence. If that were true, then apparently Bush merely sat on the info and did nothing to pursue bin Laden after learning where to find him. Thus, IF the poster's premise were true, Bush deserves no credit. Of course, I don't lend any truth value to that premise in the first place.

    In addition, I do not see how my comment, even if misunderstood out of context, at all qualifies as a stupid comment. We know that Bush, as he admitted, did not see bin Laden as a priority.
    Birthers: God's way of telling Darwin "Take that!"

    We're dealing with master Satanists here. The fact that there's no evidence proves that it's true.

  3. #883
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ushaditcoming View Post
    I really don't have a horse in your race Ben. I think I've pretty well shown why I suspected that it was censored at least to some degree in your country... Your suggestio of a conspiracy theory on this forum doesn't interest me. Your angle of attack does however subtract a little from your credibility already.
    Your credibility is a little lowered if you are assuming Ben is American. He's Irish btw and will have full access to AJ through Sky and cable.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #884
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I was there dood, u saying I wasn't chasin iraqis out of Kuwait?
    Of course I'm not saying that. Try to be sensible about this issue now. If there is a thread started about the Gulf war then you would be a good one to provide some comment on it. That is providing that you really were there. I've been fooled in the past and I've outed a few posers too.

  5. #885
    Advisor gekaap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    474

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, it is, that's where I work. The guy you're looking at on the page is the boss, not me. Beleive what you want though.
    You want to see my boss?
    Birthers: God's way of telling Darwin "Take that!"

    We're dealing with master Satanists here. The fact that there's no evidence proves that it's true.

  6. #886
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Actually that's not how it happens in SERE. You get waterboarded to show you some of the **** you'll encounter if your captured.
    Being waterboarded is child's play when you know that you are not going to come to any harm. You 'should' know that as well as I do. I wonder if you do? LOL

  7. #887
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ushaditcoming View Post
    Of course I'm not saying that. Try to be sensible about this issue now. If there is a thread started about the Gulf war then you would be a good one to provide some comment on it. That is providing that you really were there. I've been fooled in the past and I've outed a few posers too.


    look at my post count dude, then search my posts, if you think I'm a fake, there's almost 50 thousand posts for you to find what your looking for. I don't care what you think. But this nonsense you are peddling?

    And I took you up on your claim to have this sorta argument on many boards, most of em you seem to be banned from. Like I said. 2 months.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #888
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ushaditcoming View Post
    Being waterboarded is child's play when you know that you are not going to come to any harm. You 'should' know that as well as I do. I wonder if you do? LOL


    Please then, by all means, load a youtube of you being waterboarded....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #889
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    I'm glad bin Laden is dead, but in rejoicing, lets make sure that the people that deserve the credit get it. I hate Obama, yes, can't stand the man, but he did good with saying "yea go get 'em." However, I am disappointed that he wanted to take bin Laden alive. I am sorely disappointed in hearing that.
    You happen to be in denial over Obama being responsible for Osama's death. Yeah, Obama didn't go in and shoot him himself, but that isn't his job, his job was to give the okay, to have the balls to take the risk regardless of the negative possibilities. Now that takes guts and you certainly have to give him credit for it. If Obama had not given the word, Bin Laden would still be alive today, so whether you want to give Obama credit or not, it doesn't matter, you are but one sourgrapes voice, surely not the only one, but that doesn't keep the rest of the country from cheering and giving Obama the credit.

    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't have blamed him if things had gone wrong. Like I said before, I didn't blame him when he went after Libya and killed civilians in bombings.
    Oh sure, I'm supposed to believe that? You probably would have been the first one posting some inflammatory comment about Obama's ineptness and some other negative things. Obama didn't kill any civilians, so, you are most certainly blaming him by your inane comment. You are disingenuous but you don't fool anyone.

    Some might say "some people will never give Obama credit for this" and I am one of them, but I am equal, I will never give Bush credit for Saddam.
    Oh, I guess this makes it fair? Saddam is dead because of Bush, so whether you give him credit or not is immaterial, he was responsible for Saddam's death. Now, whether that was a good thing or not, I'm not so sure that Saddam was worth 4,000+ of our American soldiers, maybe that is why you don't want to give him credit? You don't want to admit the senselessness of it.


    Like that cartoon said, all he did was say "ok, go get him." That doesn't take much.
    Geez, you really are immature to think that saying "ok go get him" didn't involve a whole lot more. If we had lost the Seals, you sure would have been blaming Obama, if innocent civilians would have been killed and Osama wasn't even there, that would have been a disgrace and embarrassment that Obama would have faced.
    I'm not sure you are able to intelligently figure this whole scenario, why your comments are so baseless. Why I even bother to respond to your senseless posts.

    The entire intelligence community, the CIA, the FBI, and all other 3 letter abbreviations that got involved and got this man should be commended. I mean, what if Osama had been shot on Jan 21st, 2009? Who would you have given credit to then?
    That is truly an ignorant comment. Unless Bush had initiated the killing of Bin Laden, it would not have happened, and Obama couldn't have ordered it the day after he took office. Osama would not have been shot on Jan 21, because Bush had already said he wasn't going after him, and Obama hadn't been there long enough to get the assignment going. I guess you really don't understand how the whole thing works, why you make such inane comments.

    So on the same token, don't let your LOVE of Obama blind yourself to who really got bin Laden. You tell me don't let my hate for him blind me, well, don't let your love for him blind you. See how that coin flips both ways?
    Whatever, I can see I am responding to someone that isn't even able to think rationally. It doesn't have anything to do with love, it has to do with being able to analyze the situation and apply rational credit where credit is due. It's a good thing that there are more people on the "positive" side, that are giving Obama kudos for the great job he did than those of your opinion, who are drowning in the sour juice of their own sourgrapes.


    Don't worry, your doesn't either!
    At least my opinion is on the side of the majority. It's not fun to have an opinion that is on the side of losers.
    Last edited by mertex; 05-04-11 at 04:04 PM.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #890
    Advisor gekaap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    474

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Compare our current "statemen" with those who signed the declaration and the level of debate that occurred in Independence Hall in those days.
    You mean, like the womanizing Ben Franklin, who married a polygamous woman and had many illicit affairs? Or Thomas Jefferson, who had a second family with a slave woman?
    Birthers: God's way of telling Darwin "Take that!"

    We're dealing with master Satanists here. The fact that there's no evidence proves that it's true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •