Page 21 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #201
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    It is wrong to think Westerners gave your leaders weapons with the intention that it would be turned against you.
    So Westerner are naive and gullible then?
    Or just stupid?


  2. #202
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    So Westerner are naive and gullible then?
    Or just stupid?
    There is an imminent threat of war coming from either homegrown terrorism or Iran in ALL of the countries we deal with, including Yemen, Egypt and so on.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #203
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    There is an imminent threat of war coming from either homegrown terrorism or Iran in ALL of the countries we deal with, including Yemen, Egypt and so on.
    So then pump the devil with weapons and pray the devil isn't true to it's nature and turns the weapons on you?

    Brilliant. Really.
    I can't think of one fault with that logic
    Last edited by Laila; 05-02-11 at 07:05 AM.


  4. #204
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    So then pump the devil with weapons and pray the devil isn't true to it's nature and turns the weapons on you?

    Brilliant. Really.
    If your suggesting the Arab Spring was foreseeable then i urge you post that crystal ball of yours to 10 downing street so we can better coordinate our foreign policy.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #205
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    If your suggesting the Arab Spring was foreseeable then i urge you post that crystal ball of yours to 10 downing street so we can better coordinate our foreign policy.
    It isn't inevitable human beings who have been repressed and oppressed may eventually turn on those oppressors?
    REALLY?


  6. #206
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    It isn't inevitable human beings who have been repressed and oppressed may eventually turn on those oppressors?
    REALLY?
    And yet you continue to blame everybody but dear leader. What is this hatred against the West? Racial, religious? Because your bias is illogical, irrational and incomprehensible.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #207
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I'm sure he and AQ prepared for it, that doesn't mean that it will not have major negative effect on the organisation. Would it be better that this had never happened? That the US concentrated solely on the operatives rather than the figure-head? Hell no!

    Despite your reservations, don't you think that this is a positive development?
    Laila, would you like to respond to my two questions here? I am interested in your take on this event. I'm not so interested in your argument with Kaya about western responsibility for supplying arms to terrorists. That seems somewhat off-topic in this thread.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #208
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by gekaap View Post
    Bush dropped the ball and abandoned this.
    That is totally false, and you know it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Anyone who actually thinks Osama Bin Laden played any key role these last few years is having a laugh. As he got older, he no doubt assigned tasks to other key figures. He was merely a figurehead and removing him does nothing to stop the group.

    That said.
    About ****ing time tbh. 2 unnecessary wars and now they finally find him? In an ally's countries no less and there was my small hopes he'd be in Saudi Arabia just as a insult to the Saudi Royals.

    What a great weekend. My 2nd 4 day weekend, a royal wedding and now this.
    Hello? Earth to Laila? Three, not two, wars, and the war in Afghanistan was necessary, since it was Afghanistan that attacked the US on September 11th. The Taliban's Commander in Chief is now dead.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And yet you continue to blame everybody but dear leader. What is this hatred against the West? Racial, religious? Because your bias is illogical, irrational and incomprehensible.
    Racial? LOL LOL

    Really Kaya? I didn't think you'd ever stoop that low
    I blame everyone including dear leaders. The difference between you and I is that I acknowledge Western roles in propping and helping make possible the evils the leaders perform whereas you with your bias seem blind to anything and everything


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •