Page 16 of 146 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #151
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Picture of bin Laden after being shot (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE) - Bin Laden Has Been Dead for Two Weeks Why Are we learning about it Now? | Gold Coast Chronicle

    The story says he was killed 2 weeks ago and Obama said it happened today. Seems as though there are conflicting stories out there. I guess we'll get to the truth of the matter sooner or later.
    I just looked at the picture, which looks like a poorly done photoshop job.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #152
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Yesterday, I would have predicted that Obama has a good chance of losing his reelection bid.

    Today, Obama has been reelected.

  3. #153
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA


  4. #154
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Picture of bin Laden after being shot (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE) - Bin Laden Has Been Dead for Two Weeks Why Are we learning about it Now? | Gold Coast Chronicle
    Uh, that seems to be a pretty obvious photoshop job.
    I'd be interested to read how you can tell it's "obvious"- considering it's a 72dpi image and you can see the jpg compression effects that would mask all "obvious" trickery.

  5. #155
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    The best new out of all this is:
    no Americans were harmed in the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    Yesterday, I would have predicted that Obama has a good chance of losing his reelection bid.

    Today, Obama has been reelected.


    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,738
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    Yesterday, I would have predicted that Obama has a good chance of losing his reelection bid.

    Today, Obama has been reelected.
    A month before the election - maybe. This far out, I don't think so. As happy as most of us are that we finally got bin Laden, him being dead doesn't fix the economy, the spending problem our government has, the devaluing of the dollar, the debt or the albatross that Obamacare is. This will be long forgotten come a year and a half from now.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  7. #157
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    A month before the election - maybe. This far out, I don't think so. As happy as most of us are that we finally got bin Laden, him being dead doesn't fix the economy, the spending problem our government has, the devaluing of the dollar, the debt or the albatross that Obamacare is. This will be long forgotten come a year and a half from now.
    I think politically, it'll give him a boost in the short term, but I think what it will do is make people listen to him more.

    I don't think he deserves TOO MUCH credit, he authorized the attack and took the right advice that has led to this, but from this, as I said people might listen to him more, and he can use that to push his spending cut plan, which if it catches on I think will win more support then Ryans especially when he inevitably plays the populist card (this whole $6000 dollar voucher senior thing is a big bitch for Ryan).

    Since they both want to save $4 trillion over 10 years and both have pretty fuzzy math, we're looking once again at "who's popular" here.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And all of them were Americans? Look. Mayor is wrong again.
    So, outside of your expanded efforts to demonstrate that you cannot discuss the points in front of you and you have a psychological need to debate points only you can imaging exist, what have you accomplished?

    You are aware that the murder of a foreign national in the jurisdiction of the United States is a crime committed inside the United States and other nations do not have jurisdiction even if they might have some interest in the matter, right?

    Right?

    Also, since you've claimed Mayor Snorkum has stated that 100% of the victims of the atrocities on September 11, 2001 were US citizens, you now need to post the evidence of your silly allegation, or be revealed for the liar you just made yoursef out to be.

    So I guess Brits, Israelis, Canadians and every other nationality has no right?
    For murders and atrocities committed wholly inside the United States?

    No, they don't have any rights at all. It was OUR sovereignity that was violated, not theirs. It was OUR assurances to our guests that they would be protected that was violated, not any promise by those other nations. The United States is responsible for the safety of the persons in the United States, and no other nation can claim otherwise.

    So all of the other terror attacks Osama planned that killed foreign nationals means their countries have no say?
    Nope. Not when we got custody of him. They can put his body on trial after we executed him for his crimes in America. America does know how to be generous.

    Except, of course, that his body should be scattered as ashes to the four winds.

    So, those other nations can put the winds of the earth on trial,for all the Mayor cares.

    Do you even THINK before you post or does your hands just write whatever comes out of your unfiltered mind? I'm guessing not.
    The Mayor is not writing, he is typing.

    You don't expect anything of substance to come in response to your substanceless moans, do you?

    Since when did Osama's organization plan and carry out only a single attack?
    Who cares? The American's want him for:

    September 11, 2001.
    USS Cole Bombing.
    Events in Somalia.
    Twin embassy bombings in Kenya.
    Khobar Towers bombing.
    Having a seriously unkempt beard.

    Do you even THINK before you post or does your hands just write whatever comes out of your unfiltered mind? Again, I'm guessing not.
    Stuttering is the sign of neurological problems.

    And what points are you addressing? Like how you ignored my point on the globally aired taped confession?
    Like how you ignore the Mayor's illustration of this Administration's fiasco in moving terrorism trials to the civillian courts.

    But they aren't being lying hacks and pretending to address points they are ignoring. Like you are.
    Yes, and the question now before us is if you'll be censured by the moderators for making personal attacks.

    Taped confessions without any coercerment would be tossed? Especially with hard evidence recovered from Afghanistan? You are not worth talking to.
    And you're ignorant of the history of the American court system in the last five decades.

    [quote]Name me one with globally aired confession and with hard evidence from Afghanistan.[quote]

    Generally the trial those people get is that if they're strong enough to hug the JDAM and live they get away with it.

    Another fact is that there aren't too many "globally aired confessions" floating around.

    What's your point, that putting bin Laden on trial would have been "better" than shooting him like a filthy dog? Well, you're welcome to your opinion. The Mayor's opinion is that an Osama dead now is better than an Osama who will claim abuse and mistreatment and inflame the terrorist world with more of his lies.

    American servicemen have insisted on having their courts-martial rather than allowing other terrorist dogs from besmirching their records with false charges of abuse. The bullets in Osama's head spares any number of other servicemen that heartache.

    Far more then you do. Seriously. Do you know what a whitepaper is?
    Yes, it's the color of my Koran before I use it and then flush it.

    [quote]But it hardly means they know what is actually in the various stages. [quote]

    And if you weren't ignorant of intelligence gathering you'd realize that getting names or even simple confirmation of information collected from other sources is invaluable.

    Because....merely because you detest their views does not make them cavemen.
    Their culture makes them cave men. Just in case you missed the video, do a little searching on how the Taliban treats women, okay?

    That's your argument? That he's a caveman because he shot from video?
    You mean, video shot IN A CAVE, don't you?

    You are THIS close to being put on ignore.
    Is the Mayor supposed to be quivering now? Just checking, because as far as the Mayor understands, you putting the Mayor on Ignore means you can't read the refutations he posts of your silliness, but everyone else can. What does that accomplish for you? Cleaner underwear?

    And, do you believe that a silly threat like that is supposed to alter my response to you and make me want to agree with you?

    Why?

    That's all you have? Massive compulsive lying about my actual argument?
    Note your hypocrisy from the first line you posted above.

    Is it good he's dead? Absolutely.
    You seem to be complaining an awful lot.

    Did we lose a real chance at hammering Islamic Terrorism in the minds of those susceptible? Absolutely.
    Not at all. Just as the trials of the other high level Jihadists have been so effective at changing the attitudes of the people who ripped the heads off UN workers in Afghanistan because others in FLORIDA burned a Koran. So your point is clearly spot on and irrefutable.

    And you refuse to actually address my points.
    Points are addressed, refer to the preceding line, as well as others.

    And I have pointed out the benefits from taking him alive far outweigh the problems.
    No. You stated opinions inconsistent with reality and flatly refuse to consider the negatives associated with holding terrorists in prison. The word "ransom" just slid off your carapace and vanished from your awareness before they even registered.

    You are resorting to lying and ignoring my arguments for your own sake.
    Again, refer yourself to the first line of the post the Mayor is responding to.

    Says the guy who wants Americans to die forever in foreign fields and Americans to pay billions forever to fight foreign wars.
    Speaking of someone posting lies, cite the place where the Mayor claimed his desire for Perpetual War? The Mayor is no socialist and does not desire indefinite destruction of wealth for the perpetuation of the ruling elites. The statement that we're facing the Perpetual War is not an endorsement of the same, no more so than anyone saying they enjoy a sunny day is endorsing permanent drought.

    I'm done with you. Your views are utterly ignorant, despicable and are wholly unAmerican as they favor endless bloodshed and expenditure of tax dollars.
    So you find opposing ideas that you cannot refute to be too much for you to handle. Not uexpected.
    Last edited by Mayor Snorkum; 05-02-11 at 04:28 AM.

  9. #159
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    01-17-15 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    629

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    A month before the election - maybe. This far out, I don't think so. As happy as most of us are that we finally got bin Laden, him being dead doesn't fix the economy, the spending problem our government has, the devaluing of the dollar, the debt or the albatross that Obamacare is. This will be long forgotten come a year and a half from now.
    At least this is where lots of our money is going. I feel better about the debt already. Are we running a large deficit already? Yeah. But its so we can buy choppers, guns, and night equipment so we can take out Bin Laden.

    I think Obama does deserve credit for this. He didn't do this himself, but he set the agenda making it the highest priority to get Bin Laden.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    True - nevermind the fact that three of those Marines were KIA in the days and weeks after, and that by that point the Marines still had a LOOOONG way to go to conquer Iwo.
    Not denying that. Ira Hayes wound up dead in a ditch because of his drinking, too. But that does not alter the effect this symbol had on the American people.

    Heck, it still gives the Mayor shivers to see it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •