Page 15 of 146 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Picture of bin Laden after being shot (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE) - Bin Laden Has Been Dead for Two Weeks Why Are we learning about it Now? | Gold Coast Chronicle

    The story says he was killed 2 weeks ago and Obama said it happened today. Seems as though there are conflicting stories out there. I guess we'll get to the truth of the matter sooner or later.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #142
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Looks like those SEAL boyz did some good work.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sorry, but in case you don't have a TV, Obama just won 2012 tonight.
    Oh?

    He's ended unemployment, reversed his double-dip recession, began drilling for US Oil, and cut government spending?

    Guess what?

    If Obama tries to campaign in 2012 on the death of Osama bin Laden, he'll have confessed that he doesn't have a plan and does not deserve to be President.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    (Un)surprisingly people here just don't understand why.
    Yes, there's really no practical reason for the ten-character posting limit.

  5. #145
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You're definition of a "human being" must be different than mine.
    I understand the compulsion to deny his humanity much like the parent of a serial killer will say "this is not my child" but no amount of doublethink will change the reality.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  6. #146
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    Just in case you failed to notice, EVERYONE who died in those attacks died in the United States.
    And all of them were Americans? Look. Mayor is wrong again.

    NO international body, and by NO the Mayor means none, zero, nada, the next integer smaller than 1, has any jurisdiction in the matter, and most especially not any body comprised of the religious faiths of the criminals who committed the acts.
    So I guess Brits, Israelis, Canadians and every other nationality has no right? So all of the other terror attacks Osama planned that killed foreign nationals means their countries have no say?

    Do you even THINK before you post or does your hands just write whatever comes out of your unfiltered mind? I'm guessing not.

    The matter was a crime in the United States and an act of war upon the United States. It was not an international crime and it was not an act of war involving the "nations of the world".
    Since when did Osama's organization plan and carry out only a single attack?

    Do you even THINK before you post or does your hands just write whatever comes out of your unfiltered mind? Again, I'm guessing not.

    The points you make are being replied to
    And what points are you addressing? Like how you ignored my point on the globally aired taped confession?

    That others are capable of seeing the points you make even though you do not isn't their problem.
    But they aren't being lying hacks and pretending to address points they are ignoring. Like you are.

    Johnny Cochran would have had anything a silly as that tossed out on a technicality.
    Taped confessions without any coercerment would be tossed? Especially with hard evidence recovered from Afghanistan? You are not worth talking to.

    The Mayor notes you refuse to discuss the one terrorism case Eric Holder actually tried in federal court.
    Name me one with globally aired confession and with hard evidence from Afghanistan.
    Or just give up like you will as you WILL NEVER address this point.

    Wow. You really have no idea how human societies organize and interact, do you?
    Far more then you do. Seriously. Do you know what a whitepaper is?

    Especially primitive organizations such as those exemplified by tribal warlords and religios cult leaders. They may not have their dick in every pie, because of security concerns, but they're going to be aware of what's in the oven and who the chief bakers are.
    But it hardly means they know what is actually in the various stages.

    Yes.
    Because....merely because you detest their views does not make them cavemen.

    You mean, after their compatriots surrendered without firing a shot? Yeah, prettty much. The Nazis certainly were. You're going to insist on not noticing that bin Laden was, in fact, shooting video from caves and mountains, aren't you?
    That's your argument? That he's a caveman because he shot from video? You are THIS close to being put on ignore.

    That's what you have? You're complaining that bin Laden was shot, and complaining that others are pointing out possible benefits and problems, and thereby challenging your perpetual "wish the US hadn't done that" position you're famous for?
    That's all you have? Massive compulsive lying about my actual argument? Is it good he's dead? Absolutely. Did we lose a real chance at hammering Islamic Terrorism in the minds of those susceptible? Absolutely. And you refuse to actually address my points. And I have pointed out the benefits from taking him alive far outweigh the problems. You are resorting to lying and ignoring my arguments for your own sake.

    It was the best thing possible that bin Laden was shot, dead, by an American, in his home. The negatives associated with that outcome are less severe than the negatives associated with the alternatives, as has been pointed out.

    Says the guy who wants Americans to die forever in foreign fields and Americans to pay billions forever to fight foreign wars.


    I'm done with you. Your views are utterly ignorant, despicable and are wholly unAmerican as they favor endless bloodshed and expenditure of tax dollars.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    There seems to be a large number of people, not surprisingly on the Left, who want to argue that symbolism is irrelevant in this war we're fighting against followers of a stone-age religion.

    This particular symbol, one must note, did wonders to boost the morale of Americans on the home front and greatly assisted war bond sales.


  8. #148
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Picture of bin Laden after being shot (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE) - Bin Laden Has Been Dead for Two Weeks Why Are we learning about it Now? | Gold Coast Chronicle

    The story says he was killed 2 weeks ago and Obama said it happened today. Seems as though there are conflicting stories out there. I guess we'll get to the truth of the matter sooner or later.
    Uh, that seems to be a pretty obvious photoshop job.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  9. #149
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    There seems to be a large number of people, not surprisingly on the Left, who want to argue that symbolism is irrelevant in this war we're fighting against followers of a stone-age religion.

    This particular symbol, one must note, did wonders to boost the morale of Americans on the home front and greatly assisted war bond sales.

    True - nevermind the fact that three of those Marines were KIA in the days and weeks after, and that by that point the Marines still had a LOOOONG way to go to conquer Iwo.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #150
    Advisor gekaap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    474

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    If Obama tries to campaign in 2012 on the death of Osama bin Laden, he'll have confessed that he doesn't have a plan and does not deserve to be President.
    Perhaps, but Bush successfully campaigned in 2004 on the fact that he hadn't gotten Osama yet.
    Birthers: God's way of telling Darwin "Take that!"

    We're dealing with master Satanists here. The fact that there's no evidence proves that it's true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •