Page 126 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1460

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead

  1. #1251
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Honesty? Where is that in anything this guy does? We haven't had a moment in the past two years of this administration that wasn't done under the guise of political expediency. Don't be hold us to standards you don't have any intention of holding yourself to. That is directly out of 'Rules for radicals' and we see that.


    j-mac
    Say you're rigth. Obama is the most dishonest person to have ever takena breath (hard for that to be true considering we all know Bush), how does that excuse anyone else of their dishonesty?

    And j, I do try to be honest. And I can't help that you red silly **** and think it applies where it doesn't. you're responsible for your own poor reasoning.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1252
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is OBL a world leader now?


    j-mac
    I'm not a world leader, but if he assassinated me, I would consider that illegal as well. So, what's your point?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1253
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Have you read what I said about this? If it was an assassination, I don't support it. If they were trying to capture him and he was killed in the firefight, **** happens. My preference would be that he stand trial. While I won't cry or moun his death, assassination is just as illegal as EIT.


    Well the Obama administration has admitted it was a "kill operation", and that Bin Laden was unarmed, in fact only one person apparently was armed.


    Do you not support the killing of OBL? yes or no.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #1254
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Well the Obama administration has admitted it was a "kill operation", and that Bin Laden was unarmed, in fact only one person apparently was armed.


    Do you not support the killing of OBL? yes or no.
    The answer was a clear no concerning assassination. No is a pretty striaghtforward word. And yes, I did hear one person was armed, and shooting. That doesn't however mean that OBL wasn't killed in the cross fire.

    Still, my answer is clear, no I don't support assassination.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1255
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The answer was a clear no concerning assassination. No is a pretty striaghtforward word. And yes, I did hear one person was armed, and shooting. That doesn't however mean that OBL wasn't killed in the cross fire.
    he wasn't, the hostile was encountered outside of the area bin laden was.


    Still, my answer is clear, no I don't support assassination.

    should then Obama be held legally and criminally for this assassination?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #1256
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Say you're rigth. Obama is the most dishonest person to have ever takena breath (hard for that to be true considering we all know Bush), how does that excuse anyone else of their dishonesty?

    The same way that Obama supporters, and indeed the administration continues to deflect, and obfuscate every wrong turn they are responsible for by blaming Bush, or saying how Bush did it first. If its not correct to use in this instance here, then it isn't right for liberals to use at every turn to deflect taking responsibility to Obama's actions.

    And j, I do try to be honest. And I can't help that you red silly **** and think it applies where it doesn't. you're responsible for your own poor reasoning.

    this is debatable. See, if I agreed with you, you'd say that my reasoning must be sound, but since I don't you take every opprotunity to attack me, like a good radical would. With name calling, and childish crap. So, how about instead of throwing stones, you clean the glass on your own glass house Joe.

    I'm not a world leader, but if he assassinated me, I would consider that illegal as well. So, what's your point?
    The SEAL team took him out. He was unarmed, and they did exactly the right thing. The legallity of the action was entirely fine. OBL is not a world leader, or the leader of any soverign country. He was a terrorist scum bag that hid behind his wife like a little punk that he was.

    Telling though that you think that Obama is a war criminal now though.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1257
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    he wasn't, the hostile was encountered outside of the area bin laden was.





    should then Obama be held legally and criminally for this assassination?
    The law applies to all. I have no problem trying both Bush and Obama. Set it up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1258
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You may argue he's ineffective, maybe even too weak to force it
    gitmo?

    LOL!

    there's no argument

    he WAS too weak to force it

    good thing

    don't they tell you what's going on in sydney?

    but there is no evidence that he's accepted Bush's position
    detention, rendition, the patriot act, wiretapping...

    you really don't know what's going on, do you

    Again, it's about honesty.
    LOL!

    it sure is

    and basic knowledge, too

    do your other dept chairs cite links from new south wales?

  9. #1259
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The law applies to all. I have no problem trying both Bush and Obama. Set it up.
    Who should try them? What law was violated? who should the jury be?


    So you like Michael moore, and Rosie o'donnell, think that Obama's civil rights were violated, and we have become the "monsters"? yes or no.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #1260
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The same way that Obama supporters, and indeed the administration continues to deflect, and obfuscate every wrong turn they are responsible for by blaming Bush, or saying how Bush did it first. If its not correct to use in this instance here, then it isn't right for liberals to use at every turn to deflect taking responsibility to Obama's actions.
    J, you're bad misinterpretation doesn't equal fact. Bush is to blame for what Bush did. Obama is to balme for Obama did. You can't excuse Bush just because Obama took over his mess. Obama is responsible for his actions. But he didn't invade Iraq, open GITMO, or say torture was OK.

    this is debatable. See, if I agreed with you, you'd say that my reasoning must be sound, but since I don't you take every opprotunity to attack me, like a good radical would. With name calling, and childish crap. So, how about instead of throwing stones, you clean the glass on your own glass house Joe.
    Believe it or not, sound reasoning can be done regardless of position. Some people hear I disagree with do a fairl good job with reasoning. See Ejiah Gault, Whoven, Ikari (sp). You can excuse the way you want, but the fact is your reasoing is often not sound. I balme it on what your read, which are sources with very unsound reasoing.


    The SEAL team took him out. He was unarmed, and they did exactly the right thing. The legallity of the action was entirely fine. OBL is not a world leader, or the leader of any soverign country. He was a terrorist scum bag that hid behind his wife like a little punk that he was.
    I believe in rule of law. No matter what I think of OBL, rule of law is what we need to follow. I'm not sure why some who call themselves conservatives don't respect rule of law?

    Telling though that you think that Obama is a war criminal now though.


    j-mac
    If he broke the law, he broke the law. Does the law only aplly to some or for all?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •