Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

  1. #41
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Lots of black voters in Alabama. Not so many in Texas.

    Kinda like the difference between Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Katrina, New Orleans, lots of black folks, lots of coverage. Rita, Cameron Parish, mostly rural white, very little coverage. I bet you hadn't even heard of places like Cameron, Creole, Grand Chenier, Abbeville, Maurice and Erath before now. There's farm land in Cameron and Vermillion parishes that are still unusable because of the salt water the tidel surges pushed onto them. What about Venice, Boothville and Port Sulpher? Those towns, in Plaquemines Parish, below New Orleans were literally wiped off the map by Katrina and I bet you've never heard of them, either. They sure as hell never got any coverage in the media.

    You have to be kidding me. I live in Texas, and I can tell you first hand that there are plenty of black voters here, mostly Democrat, but a few Republicans too.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #42
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    It's good that Obama hates Texas. That means Texas is fighting the good fight.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Which means that you are no better than Rick Perry when it comes to making irresponsible statements. Some high road you are taking.....NOT.
    It's pete... I mean... do you really expect differently?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #44
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Gov. Perry took $6 billion stimulus money from the Feds to balance his budget, now he wants more to fight the wildfires in Texas.





    Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
    Wow - are you really holding it as a negative that a state needs goverment support to fight ails of nature?

    Does your view apply to Alabama and other states as well?

    In the wake of natural disasters for all over the US is it inaproprite to request federal aid to help quelch the problems and care for the people?

    I don't see fianncial issues such as appropriations and stimulus spending (or borrowing) to be related - at all - to having a natural disaster and needing the federal government to help out financially in this regard.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 05-01-11 at 04:27 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Wow - are you really holding it as a negative that a state needs goverment support to fight ails of nature?

    Does your view apply to Alabama and other states as well?

    In the wake of natural disasters for all over the US is it inaproprite to request federal aid to help quelch the problems and care for the people?

    I don't see fianncial issues such as appropriations and stimulus spending (or borrowing) to be related - at all - to having a natural disaster and needing the federal government to help out financially in this regard.
    The difference is those states (like Texas) that whine and cry about the stimulus and government involvement, then turn around and want that government involvement and stimulus money. While I don't condemn all of Texas, their government leaders need to quit being so hypocritical.

  6. #46
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The difference is those states (like Texas) that whine and cry about the stimulus and government involvement, then turn around and want that government involvement and stimulus money. While I don't condemn all of Texas, their government leaders need to quit being so hypocritical.
    What's hypocritical about it?

    Anyone can be anti excessive borrowing and wasteful spending and supportive of giving support when it's needed.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #47
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-13 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    128

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This just goes to show that Liberals have zero concept of the limited government and can only see big government that meddles in every aspect of our lives, or no government at all.
    Well now, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a limited government, they also would have limited power which, therefore, means limited funds.

    If spending is going to be cut, people will have to start going without it. You can't just start complaining when it's your own turn to sacrifice. Where are your morals?


    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    What's hypocritical about it?

    Anyone can be anti excessive borrowing and wasteful spending and supportive of giving support when it's needed.
    Excessive when it's for others and "essential" when it's for yourself? Everyone thinks their own problems are the most important. What now? Do we have a scale to weigh problems and needs?
    Last edited by Animus; 05-01-11 at 09:36 PM.

  8. #48
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Not to mention he floated the idea of succession from the Union, slammed stimulus and federal money and so on and so on. He is a grade A hypocrite.. what cant his so great state not handle a few wild fires? Have to ask big daddy for help? So much on standing on your own feet and pissing on the union you are a member off.
    Let's not forget how much the federal government actually siphons out of each state. Also, I would wager that the severity of the wildfires is actually worsened by the fact that federal forestry management is so God awful horrible... The Federal government bears at least some of the responsibility for this...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #49
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    Well now, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a limited government, they also would have limited power which, therefore, means limited funds.

    If spending is going to be cut, people will have to start going without it. You can't just start complaining when it's your own turn to sacrifice. Where are your morals?




    Excessive when it's for others and "essential" when it's for yourself? Everyone thinks their own problems are the most important. What now? Do we have a scale to weigh problems and needs?
    Give me link to evidence of them saying that disaster relief was unacceptable means of support from the federal government, then.

    They never did - you're making connections when there aren't even dots.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #50
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Give me link to evidence of them saying that disaster relief was unacceptable means of support from the federal government, then.

    They never did - you're making connections when there aren't even dots.
    There are plenty of dots. I see them all over the place..... Oops, never mind. My glasses were dirty.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •