Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

  1. #31
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Absolutely, people should have to suffer because of what their governor said, regardless of if they voted for him or not.
    Never said that. They are suffering BECAUSE of their governor and his policies and his parties policies... The people should get all the help they can get, but it should in no way be allowed to have Perry and his minions to claim credit for it.

    Oh, and what he actually said was
    HAHAH no that is NOT what he said.. nice Hannity attempt there.

    He said

    Perry: Texas is a unique place. When we came into the Union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that.

    We got a great Union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it, but if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may come out of that.
    The underlined is the key part.. that is a threat of succession.
    PeteEU

  2. #32
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Never said that. They are suffering BECAUSE of their governor and his policies and his parties policies... The people should get all the help they can get, but it should in no way be allowed to have Perry and his minions to claim credit for it.



    HAHAH no that is NOT what he said.. nice Hannity attempt there.

    He said



    The underlined is the key part.. that is a threat of succession.
    No, they are suffering in Alabama because of damn tornadoes. They are suffering in Texas because of a damn drought. Nothing to do with politics, Pete. Mother Nature happens. As much as I dislike Rick Perry, I am not going to blame him for something that is not his fault. I am going to pray for the victims. Will you say a prayer too?
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-01-11 at 05:10 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #33
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    No, they are suffering in Alabama because of damn tornadoes. They are suffering in Texas because of a damn drought. Nothing to do with politics, Pete. Mother Nature happens. As much as I dislike Rick Perry, I am not going to blame him for something that is not his fault. I am going to pray for the victims. Will you say a prayer too?
    It is political as soon as Rick Perry complains over "lack of federal funding" or help.. he made it political. He also made it political by being a climate change denier, and and over all arrogant prick that says one thing and does the opposite as long as it is political convenient for him. I have zero sympathy for the man or his politics or anyone who supports him.

    As for the suffering in the bible belt area of the US from tornadoes and floods and droughts.. yes it is horrible but like it or not, not unusual there or elsewhere around the world. Some are just better at dealing with it.

    There has been a drought and fire problem in Texas for years if not decades.

    Tornadoes and floods happen every year in the other areas being struck, so it is not unusual.

    The states involved should know this and have been prepared for it, but year after year these states seem more and more unprepared and have to ask for federal aid.. and it makes it double ironic when it is states that have threatened to leave the union and complain about the "feds" power day in and day out..

    As for praying for the victims.. I dont pray in any church or religious establishment but they are in my thoughts (minus Rick Perry and his cohorts).
    PeteEU

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Ah the smell of hypocracy (and charred homes and wood)

    "WE DONT NEED NO BIG DADDY GUBMINT!".

    "SAVE US BIG GUBMINT!".

    Oh yeah of course Ric and Councilman play the "If it were a muslim bull****"

    Which has about as much basis in reality as me getting to sleep with Jessica Alba.
    This just goes to show that Liberals have zero concept of the limited government and can only see big government that meddles in every aspect of our lives, or no government at all.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So they are helping Alabama because they are such a liberal state
    I didn't say that either Your Star. You know that as well as I do.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So they are helping Alabama because they are such a liberal state
    Lots of black voters in Alabama. Not so many in Texas.

    Kinda like the difference between Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Katrina, New Orleans, lots of black folks, lots of coverage. Rita, Cameron Parish, mostly rural white, very little coverage. I bet you hadn't even heard of places like Cameron, Creole, Grand Chenier, Abbeville, Maurice and Erath before now. There's farm land in Cameron and Vermillion parishes that are still unusable because of the salt water the tidel surges pushed onto them. What about Venice, Boothville and Port Sulpher? Those towns, in Plaquemines Parish, below New Orleans were literally wiped off the map by Katrina and I bet you've never heard of them, either. They sure as hell never got any coverage in the media.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Not to mention he floated the idea of succession from the Union, slammed stimulus and federal money and so on and so on. He is a grade A hypocrite.. what cant his so great state not handle a few wild fires? Have to ask big daddy for help? So much on standing on your own feet and pissing on the union you are a member off.
    That's probably what Obama is saying, too. Huh?

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Never said that. They are suffering BECAUSE of their governor and his policies and his parties policies... The people should get all the help they can get, but it should in no way be allowed to have Perry and his minions to claim credit for it.



    HAHAH no that is NOT what he said.. nice Hannity attempt there.

    He said



    The underlined is the key part.. that is a threat of succession.
    It's, "secession"! Get it right, damn!

  9. #39
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Lots of black voters in Alabama. Not so many in Texas.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAIL. You've never been to TX, have you? Not that your politicization of the crisis deserves any clarification; but there are plenty of black voters in TX.


  10. #40
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Governor says Obama leaving Texas in the dust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    It is political as soon as Rick Perry complains over "lack of federal funding" or help.. he made it political. He also made it political by being a climate change denier, and and over all arrogant prick that says one thing and does the opposite as long as it is political convenient for him. I have zero sympathy for the man or his politics or anyone who supports him.

    As for the suffering in the bible belt area of the US from tornadoes and floods and droughts.. yes it is horrible but like it or not, not unusual there or elsewhere around the world. Some are just better at dealing with it.

    There has been a drought and fire problem in Texas for years if not decades.

    Tornadoes and floods happen every year in the other areas being struck, so it is not unusual.

    The states involved should know this and have been prepared for it, but year after year these states seem more and more unprepared and have to ask for federal aid.. and it makes it double ironic when it is states that have threatened to leave the union and complain about the "feds" power day in and day out..

    As for praying for the victims.. I dont pray in any church or religious establishment but they are in my thoughts (minus Rick Perry and his cohorts).
    Which means that you are no better than Rick Perry when it comes to making irresponsible statements. Some high road you are taking.....NOT.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •