Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 636

Thread: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

  1. #341
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Don't have to, we could exploit our own energy.

    j-mac
    Remember, we scrapped the plan for energy independence 40 years ago when we elected the actor for president.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #342

  3. #343
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    yup, bad news is in your face and ubiquitous

    vote obama, 2012!

    half those he hamped have already redefaulted!



    yup, inflation, the dollar, qe, debt, entitlements, pensions, drill bans, a 1.8% gdp...

    no budget in 700 days

    libya, afghanistan, iran, china, palestine, the broader middle east, the cartels...

    seeya at the polls, progressives
    all except lybia were there before Obama. who ya gonna call, George W.? so far, the GOP is offering up bait, they'll switch later if they want to win...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #344
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Remember, we scrapped the plan for energy independence 40 years ago when we elected the actor for president.
    Who scrapped it? Are you sure about that? Or am I in store for yet more skewed eco talking points?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #345
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Raygun scrapped it, gutted it, belittled it...the one thing that Carter got right had to be done away with. He had one major success, tho, we use a lot less bunker oil to generate electricity than before Carter got involved...
    even as I type this, I know some far right DEM hater here in DP will post and deny that Carter did anything right....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #346
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    John Warner: Jimmy Carter Was Right

    "It took 30 years, but Jimmy Carter finally has gotten recognition for the wisdom of his energy policies. Speaking on Science Friday, Senator John Warner, a Republican from Virginia who first entered the Senate during Carter’s term in office, said that Jimmy Carter “was right” when he called for a massive program of energy conservation and alternative energy research." - Republican John Warner
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #347
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Raygun scrapped it, gutted it, belittled it...the one thing that Carter got right had to be done away with. He had one major success, tho, we use a lot less bunker oil to generate electricity than before Carter got involved...
    even as I type this, I know some far right DEM hater here in DP will post and deny that Carter did anything right....

    I wouldn't say that Carter was a total failure, he managed to endear himself to a generation of sycophant Marxist wanna be's....Even though he damn near achieved the, US self loathing libs wet dream of destroying America back then, he didn't count on the American people being smart enough to see through his plans, and tossing him out on his ear after one term.

    As for Reagan's energy policies, what you and Cat are asserting are false. It is true enough that Reagan tried to increase Nuclear energy, to which demo's blocked at every turn, he also deregulated the oil, and coal industries increasing domestic production.

    Department of Energy -


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #348
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    John Warner: Jimmy Carter Was Right

    "It took 30 years, but Jimmy Carter finally has gotten recognition for the wisdom of his energy policies. Speaking on Science Friday, Senator John Warner, a Republican from Virginia who first entered the Senate during Carter’s term in office, said that Jimmy Carter “was right” when he called for a massive program of energy conservation and alternative energy research." - Republican John Warner
    see, what did I say? wait, John Warner, a republican, giving credit to a democrat? Is the world ending?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #349
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    see, what did I say? wait, John Warner, a republican, giving credit to a democrat? Is the world ending?
    Both parties have politicans that give their nod to progressives...So?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #350
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I wouldn't say that Carter was a total failure, he managed to endear himself to a generation of sycophant Marxist wanna be's....Even though he damn near achieved the, US self loathing libs wet dream of destroying America back then, he didn't count on the American people being smart enough to see through his plans, and tossing him out on his ear after one term.

    As for Reagan's energy policies, what you and Cat are asserting are false. It is true enough that Reagan tried to increase Nuclear energy, to which demo's blocked at every turn, he also deregulated the oil, and coal industries increasing domestic production.

    Department of Energy -


    j-mac
    he did not deregulate oil industries, he only deregulated oil prices...
    stay up....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •