Page 70 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1901

Thread: Obama to speak on birth certificate

  1. #691
    User megrimlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara CA
    Last Seen
    09-18-11 @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    103

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Did Bush claim to be a transparent President.

    Obama is showing he lies and that when he says transparent he really means secretive I will seal everything
    What sealing? He's already released a certificate of live birth, had his BC confirmed by the governor of Hawaii, the'res no pleasing you people. Damned if you do....

    Transparent doesn't mean that he needs to procure any document in order to please a small paranoid group of detractors, especially when he's already provided plenty of evidence already. If a handful of people demanded proof that Obama isn't in fact two kids in large coat would he need to waste his time disproving that as well?
    You can't reason somebody out of something they were never reasoned into in the first place.

  2. #692
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    he seals everything! EVEN HIS ASS!"
    A well sealed anal column is nothing to be ashamed about.

  3. #693
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate



    Have fun.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #694
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post


    Have fun.
    These mofos don't give up, do they
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #695
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    See, that's the thing. YOU say there never was an issue...that there still isn't an issue. Yet the most powerful man in the world knuckled under to what amounts to gossip and released exactly what they were looking for -- the long form. If there wasn't an issue, then ask yourself why the President of the United States is responding to gossip. Will he come out next to assure us he's not racist? (Judging by this thread, that just might be his next move. )

    Trump wasn't playing to birthers. He raised a legitimate question. "Why won't he release his long form birth certificate?" And way too many people were suddenly sayin', "Yeah!! Why not??"
    Had we not had CBS and NYT fomenting a story based on forged documents in an attempt to swing a presidential election, my bet is this story wouldn't have ever gotten very far, but seeing as the press is so partisan as to try and swing an election in its dying days with forgeries... people simply don't trust the press.

    The press also failed miserably at even feigning journalistic independence and seeking answers from Obama, not just about this, but about damn near everything. With that scenario, it' no wonder people kept this kettle of fish boiling, and it got bigger with more folks from both sides wondering.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #696
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post


    Have fun.
    Well, that sure didn't take long.

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    ok. so it's about me. So almost 4 years ago, I took exception to his "typical white person" comment, and that means for now and forever, I can not bring up the fact that idiots on your side make every little thing about Obama's race, I can not defend my self nor the tea party from partisan hacks on your side who claim we are racist, I can no longer state that I am not racist despite the lies from your ilk that I belong to groups that are...

    Apparently, if one brings up something almost 4 years ago, he can not bring up a defense if he or things he is part of or things he is not part of but sees no racism in ever.

    I mean really, that's some intelligent positioning there Redress. Real classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is happening here is that several posters who make up the right wing - perhaps even the radical right wing - are simply following the conservative marching orders to attempt to eliminate any discussion of race or racism in America. In doing this they charge the other side with the same sins theyare trying to pretend are not their own. They are taught that the best defense is a obnoxious offense.

    I have seen it so many times on this board from the usual predicatable suspects that i could write the darn posts for them.

    Some very wise poster hit it on the head: the right wing set this up so they could have it both ways and criticize Obama no matter what he did. For three years all we hear is the same tired old whine from the same tired old whiners ... "release the long form birth certificate". This despite a perfectly legal document which solves the matter. So now, because they have been such a major pain in the ass to the country, the White House does give them what they want.

    So now what it is the whine: "Obama is Turmp's bitch".

    I am tempted to say that anyone who follows that sort of hateful line has lost the last shred of their credibility and integrity. Sadly,in many cases, they had none to lose.
    I want folks to read these two post because what haymarket points out is exactly how some try to "defended" their racism. Instead of acknowledging, for example, that yes, some White people do have this natural, instinctive impulse to take a defensive stance when around Black people, they instead try to make the claim that it's the other guy whose being racist.

    All Obama said was, "Look, my grandmother, who is White, still carries with her some habits that makes her act cautiously when around Black people. I'm okay with that because she was an elderly woman. How many senior citizens do you know who aren't creatures of habit? The wake at the same time every day, go through their routine, insist that certain things are done a certain way and rarely deviate from them. I'll even go one further...

    Most folks who "know" me are aware that I'm Black and my wife is White. Most places we go I'm the only Black man in the room, but it doesn't bother me because I'm use to it. The same can be said of my wife when the situation is reversed. But it took a long time for my step-children to get comfortable being around Black people.

    I'll never forget the time I took my family - my wife, our daughter we borne between us, my two stepchildren and my biological son to visit my daughter, son-in-law and the grandkids. They live in a predominately Black neighborhood. My stepdaughter was nervous the entire time, but my stepson was fine. I understood her concerns because she'd never been around so many Black people her entire life! So, I made sure to always be around her just to reassure her she'd be fine. She was about 15 then. She's 20 now.

    I laugh at it now because just last year she dated a Black guy and thought I and her mom would be upset about it. I was like, "Why would we? I am Black; your mom is White? : You guys would LUAO if you heard all the ebonic she and her brother speaks around the house. My stepson's favorite movie is "Undercover Brother". They laugh just as hard when my son and I immitate White folks. We look at people on both sides of the racial divide and wonder what's wrong with people?

    But you see, WE can speak out against racism because such doesn't exist in my home. But my "white" kids see the hidden racial undertones that come their way from time to time. It's doesn't happen often, but they're quick to point it out and have called out their friends on it often.

    Rev, yourself and a few others on this board have done this often. You make the claim that you're not racist, that your dislike for President Obama has more to do with his politics and/or actions than it does the color of his skin, and yet you've gone out of your way to inject race into this issue where it doesn't belong. The discussion should be about the validity of the President's long-form birth certificate, but instead the discussion has turned ever so slightly about racism only because there have been slight racial enuendo here or there throughout the thread.

    Here we have a man with a very unusually path in his life. And as such, the validity of his birth was brough into question. But instead of us saying, "Well, that settles it! He's an American," were' now talking about comments he made concerning his grandmother's instinctive defensive habits when strange Black men would approach her. Obama told of such an incident in his book, "Dream from my Father" (Page 87-89) when he mentioned an incident where his grandmother was approached by a strange Black man who was rather aggressive in asking her for money while at the bus stop on her way to work.

    "A man asked me for money yesterday. While I was waiting for the bus," Barack's grandmother, Toot, had stated.

    "That's all?" he asked.

    "He was very aggressive, Barry. Very aggressive. I gave him a dollar and he kept asking. If the bus hadn't come, I think he might have hit me over the head."

    His grandfather's reply to the situation:

    [She's been bothered by men before. You know why she's so scared this time? I'll tell you why. Before you came in, she told me the fella was black."

    There was a reason the President's grandmother acted that way around strange Black men. But what that interview the Good Rev mentions didn't make clear was that the President's grandparents had a few very close Black friends. In fact, according to the book, "Gramps" best friends was a Black man called Frank. Toot apparently wasn't afraid of him at all because according to the book, Frank was a constant visitor to their home for dinner and other family events.

    To put this issue in perspective, I'm usually very comfortable around most White people. But every once in a while when it's just me and I'm around the rouge-biker types I do tend to get alittle nervous. But I also get just a nervous when I find myself around a group of thuggish-looking Black men who resemble gangbangers rather than fine, upstanding individuals. It's not racially motivated; it's more fear from the unknown than anything else. Now, if Barack's grandmother reacted that way only when around Black people, I'd say maybe there is a hint of racism in her. But from what he described in the interview, I'd say it was more a matter of her protective instincts coming through. It happens.

    When I first move to Alabama, I had an old White woman lock her doors as my wife (who I was just dating at the time) and I existed our car at a local shopping center. I didn't see it happen, but my wife did and she was furious! I just laughed because I understood why she did it.

    A little old lady sitting in her car alone and a Black man gets close to her car door. Maybe there was a hint of racism in her actions, but I'd like to think it was just an old lady being protective of herself.

  8. #698
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    These mofos don't give up, do they
    No reasoning with birthers.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #699
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No reasoning with birthers.
    Well, there really isn't anything he could show that would detract Birthers effectively. That's why I thought this was a pointless gesture.

  10. #700
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post


    Have fun.
    WOW...just...WOW!!!

    No matter what the man does some people just won't give up!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •