Page 62 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1901

Thread: Obama to speak on birth certificate

  1. #611
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,464

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    That's what we thought about Obama.
    That's what you think about Ron Paul

  2. #612
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    from rev

    I am a right wing libertarian, who believes in liberty and freedom, but a far right winger? that's absurd.

    There is precious little room to the right of a right wing libertarian on the political continuum. That is not absurd - its accurate and reality. In politics, I can think of no more dangerous creature to working people and their economic interests that a right wing libertarian.

    Newsflash for you: we all believe in liberty and freedom. So your proud claiming of the traits do not make you and different than almost everyone else here.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #613
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,464

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Trump got everybody's attention didn't he???....and I bet it was on purpose
    So did Britney Spears...


  4. #614
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,464

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from rev




    There is precious little room to the right of a right wing libertarian on the political continuum. That is not absurd - its accurate and reality. In politics, I can think of no more dangerous creature to working people and their economic interests that a right wing libertarian.

    Newsflash for you: we all believe in liberty and freedom. So your proud claiming of the traits do not make you and different than almost everyone else here.
    I'd like to see Rev take that Political Compass test... He probably lands near where most republicans land, no offense Rev.

  5. #615
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,651

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    You feel like a hero? You shouldn't. You're just part of the idiot fringe that got their asses handed to them. How does it feel having Obama's boot up your narrow ass?
    I kinda wanted to say that. But I figured if I said what REALLY needed saying, it would cost me points. I don't get away with a whole lot around here.

    Edit: Nevermind. I see you just got the ol' boot. Can I call 'em or what? LOL!
    Last edited by Captain America; 04-27-11 at 03:23 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #616
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, it only raises the question. I don't deny there migth be other reasons, though I can't think of an legitmate reasons. And no, the question did not arise from his parents or travels. The information was conclusive from the begining.

    Glenn Beck says listen to this man. He's just asking questions. It doesn't matter what you say if you pose it in the form of a question.

    Seirously, is there an element of racism there for some people? Sure. The same can be said for many political issues spanning from opposition to immigration to support for affirmative action. However, there's no reason to focus on it on this any more than those others. You can't think of any other "legitimate" reason? Thats because its not a legitimate thought. But how about reason why people would think it....his father wasn't from this country? He spent much of his young life abroad? Some people feel he has a very anti-american attitude or an attitude detached from the "American Way", and thus think him not being American could be an answer why? How about simply because he's the opposite of them politically and they're latching onto an attack against him? How about because they hear a famous successful person talking about it on the news and thus think it must have some credibility? How about they just don't trust the government and so buy in? How about they're foolish and ACTUALLY believed the various pieces of evidence. Seriously, there's no logical nor realistic reason to say that "OMG RACISM!" is any more likely to have caused people to buy into the bull**** that was the birther movement than anything I just said....yet you couldn't "think" of any one of them? Is it because you coudln't think of it, or is it because it would hurt your attempt to claim racism on the right if you thought of any others?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Not at all, but you cannot deny he fanned the flames by witholding whatever the other thing was people were asking for.
    That could be one way to put it, another way to put it was that he refused to take a policy of appeasement.

  7. #617
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I am surprised that Obama didn't wait to show his birth certificate until the last day of his presidency.

    Is ALL Obama's fault for a lot of people being birthers, and I bet that his wife gave him the idea to FINALLYshow his real birth certificate. The man doesn't have the brains to think for himself.
    you might be thinking of his predecessor, the shrub, who had to have Cheney around to help him with the big words in his little books..
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That could be one way to put it, another way to put it was that he refused to take a policy of appeasement.
    Doubtful. He went on an appeasment tour, remember?

  9. #619
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Doubtful. He went on an appeasment tour, remember?
    sure thing =- trying to mend fences around the world in one of the words hottest spots should be an impeachable offense
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #620
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,755
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama to speak on birth certificateHaymarket is now banned from this thread.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •