Page 30 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1901

Thread: Obama to speak on birth certificate

  1. #291
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    He could've played it better, but he didn't play it poorly.

    Trump, being the name he is, managed to get this going at a national level of awareness due to his notoriety (but with still a national roll of the eyes). However, the fact he was being aggressive and the fact he's a name that people recognize managed to get some polls going up in his favor.

    Obama would've been better off politically letting this snow ball even farther, letting more republicans show how dumb they were by jumping on this, and then releasing it shortly before the first few debates. But doing it now still pretty much obliterates Trumps little attempt, makes him look foolish to have made such a big deal out of something that was obvious from the start, and ends the whole crap. By letting it go on for the past few weeks however he managed to let it dillude much of the talk that would've instead been about the Budget that would've likely been far worse for him.

    He didn't do as well as he could, he surely didn't do poorly though....not from a political stand point.



    I think the real reason Obama blinked however was a recent poll regarding more people thinking he was born overseas. Right or wrong, I think that was his true impetus here.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #292
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama to speak on birth certificateThis is debate politics, not English class. The threads going a mile a minute, as are peoples fingers. Quit the baiting. If you don't want to respond to what a post with typos is actually saying, don't respond.

  3. #293
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I disagree. I think trump made the POTUS submit to his pressure. Obama should have held this ace until the debates.

    And again, I'd sooner vote for Obama than trump.
    You are also the one who complained about Michele Obama's weight. You have proven that no matter what, Obama and family will do the wrong thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #294
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    LOL @ Beck, Stu and Pat talking about this on radio today.


  5. #295
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And it only cost him his integrity. Was it worth it to Donald Trump, who in my opinion, has no chance to run for president now?
    Asking questions, doing the job the press should have done years ago costs one their credibility? ROTFLOL... not.

    Trump's chances have increased should he want to run. I'd love to see Trump debate Obama... he'd squash the Marxist in a flash. The man who actually has run something vs. Obama who has only run his mouth... and the Harvard law review... ROTFLOL.

    You know Trump wouldn't let Barack Hussein Obama II pull the lame assed crap he was able to get away with last time around. How do we know? He just took on Obama smash mouth, head on on this issue, one that should have been resolved years ago.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post

    Since Trump supported Obama in the last election is Trump wanting to be a Ross Perot and hand the election to Obama?
    If Trump were to run as an Independent, no doubt. I don't believe Trump can even run after a humiliating defeat like he was just handed.

    No matter how you try to spin it, Trump put the birfer thing out there front and center -- and he just got smacked down.

  7. #297
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Trump has been shown to be a liar and full of crap... How exactly did he win?

    What did the crack team of 'investigators' turn up in Hawaii... What about all those claims Trump made? He just got his ass handed to him.
    What did he lie about? He said that he was investigating the situation, I have no reason to believe he wasn't. Trumps never made any claim other than the fact that there was some contention as to Obamas place of birth and that the issue should be resolved. We may never know what his investigators found, maybe nothing, but regardless, Trump forced Obama into resolving the issue, or at least attempting to.

  8. #298
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I think the real reason Obama blinked however was a recent poll regarding more people thinking he was born overseas. Right or wrong, I think that was his true impetus here.
    I agree, but that goes back to me saying it was politically intelligent to do it, not a "flinch". People will at times midnlessly go along or buy something they hear a bunch, and since Trump is a big name and gets attention then the topic gets talked about more. Its the same as people thinking Bush said Iraq was involved in 9/11...Bush never said it, but people heard it repeated so much that they started to buy in. Same thing here. So because a big name grabbed it and was causing it to be talked about more, more people start wondering based on mob mentality of stupidity, and thus it was politically advantageous of him to put a stop to it.

    If the poll numbers didn't go up, THEN Obama would've been "Flinching" because Trump would've had no effect and he would be reacting out of fear that Trump WOULD have an affect.

    However that's not the case. This is more a case, taking the punching analogy, of Trump actually hitting Obama in the arm a few times and Obama finally getting annoyed with the slow escalation of how sore his arm is getting and so reaches over and gives a punch right back finally.

  9. #299
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And it only cost him his integrity. Was it worth it to Donald Trump, who in my opinion, has no chance to run for president now?
    Trump is a joke, he never had a chance at the outset. If he were to actually file, he would need to disclose his finances. He won't do that, because he is not as wealthy as he would have you believe, IMO. He needs his TV show.


  10. #300
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are also the one who complained about Michele Obama's weight. You have proven that no matter what, Obama and family will do the wrong thing.


    I still think if you are going to tell me to eat right, you shouldn't be packing on the pounds. WTF does ths have to do with the topic.



    I've modified my position anyway, I saw a poll or something yesterday I heard it in passing, that more people than ever before were questioning his birthplace. if this is the case, this would be the reason he released it. and his timing was probably right on this to head off a snowball effect that trump was causing..

    basically, trump backed him into a corner with his loud mouthed showboating and Obama had to act.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •