Page 181 of 191 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1901

Thread: Obama to speak on birth certificate

  1. #1801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And Bush failed to get him??? Keep telling the forum how Bush didn't give up the hunt for Osama bin Laden
    It took years. Explain exactly what Obama did to get Bin Laden

  2. #1802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post

    It took years. Explain exactly what Obama did to get Bin Laden
    He gave the order.

    According to you, the information was gathered while Bush was president -- why didn't he give the order?

  3. #1803
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    He gave the order.

    According to you, the information was gathered while Bush was president -- why didn't he give the order?
    Bush couldn't find the right cave.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #1804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    He gave the order.

    According to you, the information was gathered while Bush was president -- why didn't he give the order?
    What did Obama do to find Bin Laden?

  5. #1805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Bush couldn't find the right cave.

    Yet the intell that gave us Bin Laden came during Bush presidency through interrogation practices Obama was against.

    Bin Laden death rekindles torture debate - Yahoo! News

  6. #1806
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Total politicall BS.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet the intell that gave us Bin Laden came during Bush presidency through interrogation practices Obama was against.

    Bin Laden death rekindles torture debate - Yahoo! News
    McCain: Torture did not lead to bin Laden death
    Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 AM EDT
    us-news, politics, us, torture, bin-laden, laden, senate-armed-services-committees
    Donna Cassata , Associated Press

    WASHINGTON Waterboarding and other harsh interrogation techniques were not a factor in tracking down Osama bin Laden, a leading Republican senator insisted Thursday.

    Sen. John McCain, who spent 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, also rejected the argument that any form of torture is critical to U.S. success in the fight against terrorism.

    In an impassioned speech on the Senate floor, the Arizona Republican said former Attorney General Michael Mukasey and others who back those tactics were wrong to claim that waterboarding al-Qaida's No. 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, provided information that led to bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.

    McCain spoke with an unrivaled record on the issue.

    He's the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, the 2008 GOP presidential nominee who consistently challenged the Bush administration and Vice President Dick Cheney on the use of torture and a man who endured brutal treatment during the Vietnam War.

    He also made many of his points in an opinion piece in The Washington Post.

    McCain said he asked CIA Director Leon Panetta for the facts, and that the hunt for bin Laden did not begin with fresh information from Mohammed. In fact, the name of bin Laden's courier, Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti, came from a detainee held in another country.

  7. #1807
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet the intell that gave us Bin Laden came during Bush presidency through interrogation practices Obama was against.

    Bin Laden death rekindles torture debate - Yahoo! News
    From your link:

    And experts have long warned about the unreliability of information obtained under duress. "Nobody with a nickel's worth of intelligence goes off, after torturing somebody, runs off and acts on that information," said Shayana Kadidal of the Center for Constitutional Rights.

    Tracking down bin Laden at his secret lair, from where the Al-Qaeda leader never ventured out and took extreme precautions to avoid detection, required information from a "mosaic of sources," said Attorney General Eric Holder.

    With Republicans claiming the killing of bin Laden justifies the Bush administration's controversial anti-terror tactics, which Obama has largely rejected, outraging those eager to put to rest a debate that left a stain on the national conscience.

    "It's disheartening to see conversation already turning to old, old debates about interrogation," said Deborah Pearlstein of Princeton University on the "Opinio Juris" blog, regretting what she called a "fruitless conversation."

    "Put differently, for every 'maybe some guy in Gitmo said something useful' story, there's a 'some guy in Gitmo said something false that led us to war in Iraq' story."
    We can find information to refute your opinions ourselves, but, thanks for saving us the trouble.
    Last edited by Dittohead not!; 05-14-11 at 05:00 PM.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #1808
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Defenders of the Bush administration’s interrogation policies have claimed vindication from reports that bin Laden was tracked down in small part due to information received from brutalized detainees some six to eight years ago.

    But that sequence of events -- even if true -- doesn’t demonstrate the effectiveness of torture, these experts say. Rather, it indicates bin Laden could have been caught much earlier had those detainees been interrogated properly.

    "I think that without a doubt, torture and enhanced interrogation techniques slowed down the hunt for bin Laden," said an Air Force interrogator who goes by the pseudonym Matthew Alexander and located Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, in 2006.

    It now appears likely that several detainees had information about a key al Qaeda courier -- information that might have led authorities directly to bin Laden years ago. But subjected to physical and psychological brutality, "they gave us the bare minimum amount of information they could get away with to get the pain to stop, or to mislead us,"

  9. #1809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Total politicall BS.



    McCain: Torture did not lead to bin Laden death
    Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 AM EDT
    us-news, politics, us, torture, bin-laden, laden, senate-armed-services-committees
    Donna Cassata , Associated Press

    WASHINGTON — Waterboarding and other harsh interrogation techniques were not a factor in tracking down Osama bin Laden, a leading Republican senator insisted Thursday.

    Sen. John McCain, who spent 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, also rejected the argument that any form of torture is critical to U.S. success in the fight against terrorism.

    In an impassioned speech on the Senate floor, the Arizona Republican said former Attorney General Michael Mukasey and others who back those tactics were wrong to claim that waterboarding al-Qaida's No. 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, provided information that led to bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.

    McCain spoke with an unrivaled record on the issue.

    He's the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, the 2008 GOP presidential nominee who consistently challenged the Bush administration and Vice President Dick Cheney on the use of torture and a man who endured brutal treatment during the Vietnam War.

    He also made many of his points in an opinion piece in The Washington Post.

    McCain said he asked CIA Director Leon Panetta for the facts, and that the hunt for bin Laden did not begin with fresh information from Mohammed. In fact, the name of bin Laden's courier, Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti, came from a detainee held in another country.
    McCain LOL thats funny

  10. #1810
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    From your link:



    We can find information to refute your opinions ourselves, but, thanks for saving us the trouble.
    Yet the information gained here led to Osama being killed. Nice try

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •